Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

chapelhillduck
Senior

Re: Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Post by chapelhillduck »

Awesome Herbie article….leaves me thinking about how poorly we used him. I remember when the draft knock on him was that he didn’t come off his number 1. https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/8/31 ... s-chargers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I really thought the Ravens might keep Brown as a 3rd stringer, also still disappointed McKinley left, he’d thrive with this coaching staff.
Sounds like most of the Oregon guys who were released will likely be kept on as practice squad members.
I'm actually a little surprised that AB didn't get claimed by the Seahawks with how atrocious their QB room is.

I agree with you that so far all of those guys will be back on the Practice Squad. Ugo ended up making the final 53 for the Titans and he's expected to take on a primary role on ST and at Nickel. He definitely fits as a Vrabel guy in perhaps the same kind of way that Chung was for Bill B as someone who will do their job even if not as a Pro Bowl caliber guy.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Would love to see the Charger pick up Devon Allen and have Justin throwing 65-yard bombs. Doesn't it seem like Allen could open up the field for other receivers as well? I don't get it.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Phalanx wrote:Would love to see the Charger pick up Devon Allen and have Justin throwing 65-yard bombs. Doesn't it seem like Allen could open up the field for other receivers as well? I don't get it.
Chargers already have Mike Williams in that role. The Eagles are reportedly signing Allen to the practice squad, so they can work on things to get him ready for the next level. He HAS been out of football for a few years. Give him time.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Everythingsducky wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Would love to see the Charger pick up Devon Allen and have Justin throwing 65-yard bombs. Doesn't it seem like Allen could open up the field for other receivers as well? I don't get it.
Chargers already have Mike Williams in that role. The Eagles are reportedly signing Allen to the practice squad, so they can work on things to get him ready for the next level. He HAS been out of football for a few years. Give him time.
Jalen Guyton plays that deep burner role not Mike Williams who was like 2nd in the league last year in YAC but largely because CBs struggle to tackle him and not because he just out-runs everyone.

I was a big advocate for Devon signing there but the Eagles wisely picked him up and now if the Chargers want him they have to sign him to the Active Roster and that isn't happening when they've got 5 they really like and a 6th in Bandy on the Practice Squad. Guyton and Deandre Carter will be the 2 deep threats this year for LAC but unless Staley gets in Joe Lombardi's ear, expect Justin to once again be in the middle of the league for the # of medium to deep shots he takes. Hell, a lot of the analysts are all projecting a significant drop in Yards/TDs for him on the basis that they think LAC will run more.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Surprised by Terrance Mitchell and Joe Walker cuts. Anyone know what happened with Devon Williams?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

StevensTechU wrote:Surprised by Terrance Mitchell and Joe Walker cuts. Anyone know what happened with Devon Williams?
Williams got released pretty early in preseason by the Ravens.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I'd think going forward NIL might help those fringe guys who leave a year early for money reasons
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Jevon Holland is Miami's team captain on defense.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

2022 NFL Oregon Ducks

QB: Herbert, Mariota, Brown (PS)
RB: Royce Freeman, Kenjon Barner
WR: Juwan Johnson, Devon Allen (PS), Johnny Johnson (PS)
TE: Pharoah Brown, Johnny Mundt, Hunter Kampmoyer (PS)
OL: Sewell, Throckmorton, Jake Hanson, Lemieux (IR)

DL: Buckner, Thibodeaux, Armstead
LB: Troy Dye, Justin Hollins
CB: Troy Hill, Deommodore Lenoir, Terrance Mitchell (PS) Thomas Graham (PS), Verone McKinley (PS)
S: Jevon Holland, Ugo Amadi

That's almost a decent starting 22 for an actual team. Still light on the line and skill players though.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Verone’s been moved to the active roster for Sundays game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Falcons sure choked one away against the Saints today. I’m still wondering how coaches at the collegiate and pro level still so often think playing not to lose is a good idea.