Gotta love the jerseys!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

fernandez5
One Star Recruit

Gotta love the jerseys!

Post by fernandez5 »

I always love our jerseys and am always impressed, but do we know yet what are jerseys are going to be next year? Are we going to have the diamond plate jerseys for another year with the possibility of the black and silver winged jerseys making an appearance? Are we going to a new set of jerseys wings on the shoulder just like the black, but in green yellow and white variations? Or are we going to have something else? Does anyone have any idea? Any guesses?
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Gotta love the jerseys!

Post by gofightingducks »

From what I heard it is one more year of the diamond plated uniforms with an appearance by the winged uniforms and then in 2010 the Ducks will be wearing new uniforms. I think the 2010 uniforms will be similar to the winged ones with some improvements and multiple color combinations. I wonder if we might get a preview of the 2010 uniforms in the Civil War or Bowl game. We should end up with an awesome recruiting class this year, have a great 2009 season and play in another good bowl game, possibly the Rose or NC (just being optimistic) 2010's recruiting class is already shaping up it seems to maybe be the best ever, and then new uniforms, WOW, I am more excited then ever for Duck football!!!!! The future is very bright my friends!!!!!
AJ_U
Three Star Recruit

Post by AJ_U »

I've heard that the winged uniforms were one-and-done.

So i would expect the diamond plated for at least one more year.
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

If the Ducks are undefeated in Pac-10 play when USC rolls into town, I hope they bust out the wings again.
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

AJ_U wrote:I've heard that the winged uniforms were one-and-done.

So i would expect the diamond plated for at least one more year.
I would be so mad if they didn't wear them anymore. Those are so tight. IMO they should be our new jerseys.
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

I heard they were a prototype of sorts designed by the Nike Design team without input from the players for the 2010 uniforms. So the 2010 uniforms might look something like those with some improvements and player additions. Maybe they come out with something completely different for 2010. Maybe the Ducks wear the winged design uni's a couple times next season, I would like to see them again. If they don't wear them, I would at least like to see the black helmet again.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

I really liked the black winged unis. The black helmets were bad ass also. Altho the stormtrooper look is still my favorite of the current unis. I sure hope they roll into Smurf stadium wearin the stormtrooper look.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I have been a duck fan for decades and I really like the way we go out on a limb with uni's - except I have never liked the diamond plate. Way too corny for me. I LOVE the wings as we are Ducks and the whole Roman/Greek warrior tie I am cool with. I wish this was the year for a change in that direction. Leaving the diamond plating behind yesterday would not be soon enough in my book, but I cheer my brains out no matter what they end wearing.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Tinfoilman wrote:I have been a duck fan for decades and I really like the way we go out on a limb with uni's - except I have never liked the diamond plate. Way too corny for me. I LOVE the wings as we are Ducks and the whole Roman/Greek warrior tie I am cool with. I wish this was the year for a change in that direction. Leaving the diamond plating behind yesterday would not be soon enough in my book, but I cheer my brains out no matter what they end wearing.
that's your opinion, For me I love diamond plate uniforms so much, that's my favorite ducks uniform of all time. I like how they are creative with uniforms combos, white/white/yellow, yellow/yellow/black etc, that's just sick. But I dislike green/white/black.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

chump01284 wrote:
Tinfoilman wrote:I have been a duck fan for decades and I really like the way we go out on a limb with uni's - except I have never liked the diamond plate. Way too corny for me. I LOVE the wings as we are Ducks and the whole Roman/Greek warrior tie I am cool with. I wish this was the year for a change in that direction. Leaving the diamond plating behind yesterday would not be soon enough in my book, but I cheer my brains out no matter what they end wearing.
that's your opinion, For me I love diamond plate uniforms so much, that's my favorite ducks uniform of all time. I like how they are creative with uniforms combos, white/white/yellow, yellow/yellow/black etc, that's just sick. But I dislike green/white/black.

I just want them to keep the darker colored jerseys, green and black, and get rid of those ugly lightning yellow things. Yellow pants are fine, but those yellow tops are ESPN comedy fodder.
John 3:36
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I would love to get rid of the diamond plating. We're not the Oregon Long-Haul Truckers. The wings were much nicer
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

I only ones I don't like are the lightning yellow ones. I do like the grellow flame helmet though. The all whites (with helmets) are my favorite and I am looking to green and white versions of the winged uniforms.
ducksball
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksball »

I love them all. I think we will get new ones not this year, but the year after. Im so excited! I love our unis
AJ_U
Three Star Recruit

Post by AJ_U »

EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

I love the steel plate. I also think its funny how the Steelers have it on the walls around their stadium now. Maybe to make Dennis feel more at home?