ESPN needs to get their facts right

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

ESPN needs to get their facts right

Post by gofightingducks »

I am not sure where this should be posted so I just picked this spot. I was watching on ESPNU a special called "The PAC-10 College Football in Review" I am not sure if anyone else watched it but it was just a review of all of the teams in the conference season last year. I caught two errors in the guys reporting on the Ducks, I am not sure if their were any errors for any of the other teams but I didn't catch any. The first one was he said the Ducks beat Washington and Utah State before losing to Purdue and then bounced back to beat Boise State. The other one was he said after Oklahoma State went out front early 10-0 in the Holiday Bowl, Marvin Johnson took the ball 74 yards for a TD. Just goes to show you how much attention ESPN pays to the Ducks. Even if they don't pay much attention to the Ducks, as a sports news organization you would think they could at least get their information right. Obviously nobody reviewed the final edit, because somebody should have caught the mistakes before they aired it. Anyways, I just thought it was funny. I have a feeling ESPN and the rest of the country will know very well who Blount, Brown, Masoli, Gaines, D.Jackson, Littlejohn, Tuinei and others are next season!!!!!!
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: ESPN needs to get their facts right

I forgot to add it was funny that Maualuga said "we fought a very tough Joe Pa and Illini team" although he was just a happy college kid that just won a big bowl game and danced with Erin Andrews, so I can understand his mistake.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

gofightingducks wrote:I forgot to add it was funny that Maualuga said "we fought a very tough Joe Pa and Illini team" although he was just a happy college kid that just won a big bowl game and danced with Erin Andrews, so I can understand his mistake.
Maybe he was referring to this years BCS win and last years?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

UOducksTK1 wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:I forgot to add it was funny that Maualuga said "we fought a very tough Joe Pa and Illini team" although he was just a happy college kid that just won a big bowl game and danced with Erin Andrews, so I can understand his mistake.
Maybe he was referring to this years BCS win and last years?
Maybe, that would make sense