OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: NDSU/OREGON 2020

Post by OregonFan4Life »

ncduck wrote:
JBB wrote:
ncduck wrote:
Lakesbison wrote:oh man JBB is here? hmmmm

well oregon. I was at NDSU basketball game last week and talked to QB Trey Lance & WR phoenix sporles. Scouting and Gameplanning Oregon has already begun. no stone will be left unturned.
Pretty common for all teams to game plan at this time of year. Especially for important games.
The BISON coaching staff definitely started game planning before Oregon. No doubt about that especially if this is the time Oregon normally starts. 8-)
I didn’t say when Oregon starts game planning. You’re full of crap if you think it will make any difference who started planning first. What can they possibly be planning on with any seriousness until they see Oregon’s Spring game? You don’t know who will be the QB or the strengths of the eventual QB. You don’t know how the new offense will utilize the current personnel. You don’t know if any freshman will be immediate contributors and you have no clue about breakout players.

You can try to prep to face a top 5 defense. ESPN grades Oregon as having the second best D. Wait until we see if adding two of the best LB’s coming out of high school makes it any better. Maybe the flail and Oregon goes with other players.

Point is you can start game planning now, but you only know 40% of what you’re going to face. So take pride in your coaching staff’s amazing ability to waste their time!
You're wasting your time, NDSU fans seem to think only their team works hard all year long while top FBS teams are full of spoiled 5 star brats who don't care.
Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Gee guys, do you think our football staff - the biggest in CFB alongside Alabama - will be ready for NDSU? I bet they’re too busy drinking artisanal cocktails, squeezing into their designer clothes, and trying on new exclusive Nike sneakers. I don’t see how we’ll be ready in time for September. Meanwhile, NDSU is scouting all the Herbert and Arroyo tape they can find.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Gee guys, do you think our football staff - the biggest in CFB alongside Alabama - will be ready for NDSU? I bet they’re too busy drinking artisanal cocktails, squeezing into their designer clothes, and trying on new exclusive Nike sneakers. I don’t see how we’ll be ready in time for September. Meanwhile, NDSU is scouting all the Herbert and Arroyo tape they can find.
We don’t use tape. Our stuff is all digital since year before last. Looks like Oregon is playing a little catch-up on the game planning. Don’t worry those coaches know how to coach. That’s why they get the big bucks.

Are there any plans to install at least 1 more video board? NDSU has 2 and 4 smaller ones in the corners for 6. Seems like 1 is pretty inconvenient but it must be ok for you guys?

here is some literature on things to do. Might be of interest to some local folks and/or State fans in town for the big game up at the U.

http://destinations-northwest.blogspot. ... ember.html?
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

ncduck wrote:
JBB wrote:
ncduck wrote:
Pretty common for all teams to game plan at this time of year. Especially for important games.
The BISON coaching staff definitely started game planning before Oregon. No doubt about that especially if this is the time Oregon normally starts. 8-)
I didn’t say when Oregon starts game planning. You’re full of crap if you think it will make any difference who started planning first. What can they possibly be planning on with any seriousness until they see Oregon’s Spring game? You don’t know who will be the QB or the strengths of the eventual QB. You don’t know how the new offense will utilize the current personnel. You don’t know if any freshman will be immediate contributors and you have no clue about breakout players.

You can try to prep to face a top 5 defense. ESPN grades Oregon as having the second best D. Wait until we see if adding two of the best LB’s coming out of high school makes it any better. Maybe the flail and Oregon goes with other players.

Point is you can start game planning now, but you only know 40% of what you’re going to face. So take pride in your coaching staff’s amazing ability to waste their time!
NDSU coaches are well aware of the advantages of your well funded football program. The Oregon football budget looks more like the State of North Dakota’s budget rather Than North Dakota States.

You know the old saying: “Early bird gets the worm. “ Specifics of individual player tendencies etc will be done in the latter stages closer to actual kickoff. Right now they are probably looking at the digital files for insights into your coaches tendencies and Duck strategies. They will try and put your coaches in situations where they are predictable. Same for your 5-star recruits. They might be good but they still put their pants on 1 leg at-a-time.

Planning specifics for players etc is tactical planning. NDSU is in strategical planning and have been for at least a year. Strategy always comes first. Then the tactics to carry out the strategy. Tactical planning will start this summer. I imagine Oregon coaches are in the stragic phase as well?
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

JBB wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:Gee guys, do you think our football staff - the biggest in CFB alongside Alabama - will be ready for NDSU? I bet they’re too busy drinking artisanal cocktails, squeezing into their designer clothes, and trying on new exclusive Nike sneakers. I don’t see how we’ll be ready in time for September. Meanwhile, NDSU is scouting all the Herbert and Arroyo tape they can find.
We don’t use tape. Our stuff is all digital since year before last. Looks like Oregon is playing a little catch-up on the game planning. Don’t worry those coaches know how to coach. That’s why they get the big bucks.

Are there any plans to install at least 1 more video board? NDSU has 2 and 4 smaller ones in the corners for 6. Seems like 1 is pretty inconvenient but it must be ok for you guys?

here is some literature on things to do. Might be of interest to some local folks and/or State fans in town for the big game up at the U.

The Fargodome is such a cute little stadium! Though 6 screens seems a bit over kill for a stadium with 18K. Almost like they are over compensating for something. :D

Heck, we only have one large screen and two small one.

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

JBB wrote:

I can’t tell if you’re being facetious, but I cut up tape for Oregon football in 2008 - it was all digital then. The only actual tape I saw is from when a potential recruits father mailed us a VHS tape of his fat son getting a few pancake blocks against kids that weighed 150 pounds less than him. But everyone, to this day, still calls it tape.

And your stadium is smaller than an NBA arena. It’s closer in size to our basketball arena ~13k so I don’t know why you’re so hung up on video screens. I mentioned that it’s hard to see DuckVision from the visitor section on Bisonville and you guys think it’s some kind of sin to have one giant video board, one of the biggest ones in college football. There’s nowhere else to put another one, it’s a big stadium where the other side of it has a walkway and a DJ booth.
GoDucks7
One Star Recruit

Post by GoDucks7 »

Starting to wonder if our team should just forfeit now. NDSU seems like they would be better off playing someone like Clemson or Alabama. The way they talk they could probably out strategize and beat the New England Patriots during Tom Brady's peak years. Hope we don't let up on them. Most ignorant fan base I can recall. Nothing is impressive about beating s*** teams like JMU and UC Davis.
thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Post by thebootfitter »

GoDucks7 wrote:Starting to wonder if our team should just forfeit now. NDSU seems like they would be better off playing someone like Clemson or Alabama. The way they talk they could probably out strategize and beat the New England Patriots during Tom Brady's peak years. Hope we don't let up on them. Most ignorant fan base I can recall. Nothing is impressive about beating s*** teams like JMU and UC Davis.
And yet... there IS something impressive about losing to Arizona State???

Let's be real here. Any team that can maintain the type of dominance that NDSU has within a given level of competitive football over the last decade is pretty impressive. When compared against a team with more scholarships and greater resources that is able to attract more talented and faster athletes -- especially at the level of Oregon, I agree that NDSU's caliber of play wouldn't stand out enough to be impressive. But that's somewhat comparable to saying that Oregon isn't that impressive either -- compared to a professional team.

There are going to be extremist fans and trolls looking to get a rise out of the opposing fan base. There are going to be ignorant fans on both sides as well.

Any football fan knowledgeable about the entire landscape of college football will tell you that Oregon should win this game, but that NDSU is certainly capable of winning if the Ducks don't play up to their potential and NDSU does.

Anything you disagree with in that? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

[quote="GoDucks7"]

Ps. The LSU stadium is consistently ranked ahead of Autzen. Maybe it’s the video boards?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

thebootfitter wrote:
GoDucks7 wrote:Starting to wonder if our team should just forfeit now. NDSU seems like they would be better off playing someone like Clemson or Alabama. The way they talk they could probably out strategize and beat the New England Patriots during Tom Brady's peak years. Hope we don't let up on them. Most ignorant fan base I can recall. Nothing is impressive about beating s*** teams like JMU and UC Davis.

Let's be real here. Any team that can maintain the type of dominance that NDSU has within a given level of competitive football over the last decade is pretty impressive. When compared against a team with more scholarships and greater resources that is able to attract more talented and faster athletes -- especially at the level of Oregon, I agree that NDSU's caliber of play wouldn't stand out enough to be impressive. But that's somewhat comparable to saying that Oregon isn't that impressive either -- compared to a professional team.

There are going to be extremist fans and trolls looking to get a rise out of the opposing fan base. There are going to be ignorant fans on both sides as well.

Any football fan knowledgeable about the entire landscape of college football will tell you that Oregon should win this game, but that NDSU is certainly capable of winning if the Ducks don't play up to their potential and NDSU does.

Duck fans have been complimentary of NDSU fans until you arrogant fans showed up and started talking the dumbest trash I've seen on this forum. Obviously NDSU at the FCS level far exceeds Oregon at the FBS level, there's no denying that. But there is a big difference between FBS and FCS and NDSU fans seem to think their few, but impressive wins over Iowa and KSU, make them some team that's towards the top of the FBS team which is simply not true. I've ever seen NDSU fans say they're a top 10 FSB team and could beat Wisconsin easily. It's just crazy to me to see such a high level of arrogance come from dominating a lower level of football in the FCS. And when Oregon fans have shown that your arguments display arrogance, you come back with these stupid arguments about how nobody works as hard as NDSU, they're already preparing, 5 star athletes are spoiled and don't care, NDSU has the hardest working players, blah blah blah. It's like it's inconceivable to NDSU fans that other teams work hard too. It honestly seems like you guys have a major inferiority complex to come to our forum, make ridiculous claims and arguments, and even go as far as to criticize Autzen and talk about the Fargo Dome as if it's some amazing place. I know NDSU is an FCS team and we shouldn't care this much, but if Oregon comes out focused and plays a solid game, they will win, and it won't be close, and believe me, some Oregon fans will remind you your place in football, which is in the FCS, not FBS.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Bless your heart that video boards are the hill you're willing to die on.
thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Post by thebootfitter »

JBB wrote:No to the guy that says if Oregon does not play to their potential and NDSU does The Bison can win. If the Bison beat the Ducks no excuses.

If NDSU loses, they lose, no excuses. Oregon has purchased every advantage to win, so NDSU fans will also win some pretty impressive bragging rights.
Who said anything about excuses? There's no denying that Oregon has a much higher ceiling than NDSU. Thus, there's no denying that if Oregon plays up to their potential, they will beat NDSU. The reasons why that may happen don't matter. Those are excuses.
thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Post by thebootfitter »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
thebootfitter wrote:

Duck fans have been complimentary of NDSU fans until you arrogant fans showed up and started talking the dumbest trash I've seen on this forum. Obviously NDSU at the FCS level far exceeds Oregon at the FBS level, there's no denying that. But there is a big difference between FBS and FCS and NDSU fans seem to think their few, but impressive wins over Iowa and KSU, make them some team that's towards the top of the FBS team which is simply not true. I've ever seen NDSU fans say they're a top 10 FSB team and could beat Wisconsin easily. It's just crazy to me to see such a high level of arrogance come from dominating a lower level of football in the FCS. And when Oregon fans have shown that your arguments display arrogance, you come back with these stupid arguments about how nobody works as hard as NDSU, they're already preparing, 5 star athletes are spoiled and don't care, NDSU has the hardest working players, blah blah blah. It's like it's inconceivable to NDSU fans that other teams work hard too. It honestly seems like you guys have a major inferiority complex to come to our forum, make ridiculous claims and arguments, and even go as far as to criticize Autzen and talk about the Fargo Dome as if it's some amazing place. I know NDSU is an FCS team and we shouldn't care this much, but if Oregon comes out focused and plays a solid game, they will win, and it won't be close, and believe me, some Oregon fans will remind you your place in football, which is in the FCS, not FBS.
Since you wrote that in response to me, I have to assume that you are lumping me in as one of the "arrogant fans" with "stupid arguments." I challenge you to pick out anything I've said that would hold up as "arrogant" or "stupid."

I agree that there is a huge gap between the FCS and FBS in general. There is NOT a huge gap between NDSU and the top 15-25 FBS teams in many of the recent years. There are multiple sources of objective evidence to back that up. There is on-the-field performance to back that up. There are many coaches who would attest to that. No one has made an argument of any substance that refutes the idea that NDSU performs about like a top 30-ish FBS program on the field. If you have a valid argument, please do share.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

thebootfitter wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
thebootfitter wrote:

Since you wrote that in response to me, I have to assume that you are lumping me in as one of the "arrogant fans" with "stupid arguments." I challenge you to pick out anything I've said that would hold up as "arrogant" or "stupid."

I agree that there is a huge gap between the FCS and FBS in general. There is NOT a huge gap between NDSU and the top 15-25 FBS teams in many of the recent years. There are multiple sources of objective evidence to back that up. There is on-the-field performance to back that up. There are many coaches who would attest to that. No one has made an argument of any substance that refutes the idea that NDSU performs about like a top 30-ish FBS program on the field. If you have a valid argument, please do share.
If Oregon wins, nobody will care, why would they? If NDSU wins, they go right up there with APP. State; another win that nobody saw coming.
thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Post by thebootfitter »

Merganzer wrote:If Oregon wins, nobody will care, why would they? If NDSU wins, they go right up there with APP. State; another win that nobody saw coming.
I dunno. I think there are a good number of folks in the college football landscape for whom an NDSU win wouldn't be a complete surprise out of left field. A bit unexpected? Of course! But I think it would be different from the App State win where very few people saw it coming. App State was at the top of the FCS, but didn't have the same pedigree of beating FBS teams and getting AP Top 25 votes and being ranked in the top 15-35 in computer models for several years leading up to the game.

But I concur that if Oregon wins, it will be business as usual. No one will care. NDSU fans will be bummed, but still have a great rest of the season and possible national championship to look forward to.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk