NDSU/OREGON 2020

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

JBB
Two Star Recruit

Re: NDSU/OREGON 2020

Post by JBB »

I said Wisconsin was good, not that good. I didn't say NDSU was better than Wisconsin. NDSU is competitive with Wisconsin though. That is what is revealing. A box score similar to the Rose Bowl wouldn't surprise me at all. The badgers put up 332 vs The Ducks. 350 for The Bison is not out of the question at all.

The fact the BISON are better than the Griz in every phase of the game at every position should be obvious. Where were the Griz when The BISON were racking up national championship after national championship?
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

The wisconsin badgers suck. Their AD is the worst small man in college football. Whine, cry object and won't return calls while demanding others don't as well. NDSU has to drive all the way out to Oregon to get a game of this magnitude when Madison is just down the road.

Im down in Key West. Almost 10 PM here. Kicked out of the hotel in the morning. Will be back in central FL tomorrow.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The bison will finish with some yds, no doubt. It will be due to UO pulling the starters by the 4th.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

JBB wrote:The wisconsin badgers suck. Their AD is the worst small man in college football. Whine, cry object and won't return calls while demanding others don't as well. NDSU has to drive all the way out to Oregon to get a game of this magnitude when Madison is just down the road.

Im down in Key West. Almost 10 PM here. Kicked out of the hotel in the morning. Will be back in central FL tomorrow.
Are they kicking you out of the hotel because you won’t stop comparing NDSU stats racked up against inferior competition?
thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Post by thebootfitter »

buckmarkduck wrote:The bison will finish with some yds, no doubt. It will be due to UO pulling the starters by the 4th.
I haven't distinguished individual Duck posters and their respective level of sarcasm yet. But if you really think that... I have a feeling you'll be surprised.

That is assuming fall sports are even played. That would kind of suck if that happens, because all Bison fans could ever do is claim they would have played a good game and had a chance to win, and all Duck fans could ever do is claim "No way! We're way out of your league." Just like we're doing now. With no chance to ever play the game. Here's hoping that this damn virus starts to show some weakness.
Lakesbison
One Star Recruit

Post by Lakesbison »

Check out NDSU Generations of Victory. 8pm West coast time on Fox Sports North. or this link https://youtu.be/rADnCkApU3Y

make sure to watch the last 5 minutes...theres a message to Oregon on there with your logo hehe
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
JBB wrote:The wisconsin badgers suck. Their AD is the worst small man in college football. Whine, cry object and won't return calls while demanding others don't as well. NDSU has to drive all the way out to Oregon to get a game of this magnitude when Madison is just down the road.

Are they kicking you out of the hotel because you won’t stop comparing NDSU stats racked up against inferior competition?
They closed Key West.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Lakesbison wrote:Check out NDSU Generations of Victory. 8pm West coast time on Fox Sports North. or this link https://youtu.be/rADnCkApU3Y

make sure to watch the last 5 minutes...theres a message to Oregon on there with your logo hehe
Thanks for the link Lakes hadn’t seen it yet.

Most of them will check at the 57:11 mark and miss the message. :lol:
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

thebootfitter wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:The bison will finish with some yds, no doubt. It will be due to UO pulling the starters by the 4th.
I haven't distinguished individual Duck posters and their respective level of sarcasm yet. But if you really think that... I have a feeling you'll be surprised.

That is assuming fall sports are even played. That would kind of suck if that happens, because all Bison fans could ever do is claim they would have played a good game and had a chance to win, and all Duck fans could ever do is claim "No way! We're way out of your league." Just like we're doing now. With no chance to ever play the game. Here's hoping that this damn virus starts to show some weakness.
Hey boot fitter, it’s “their” respective attitudes of sarcasm I’m counting on to make this game not only interesting but a profit deal too. It’s very hard to find good odds for The BISON. They have earned the respect of the odds makers. Was only able to make money twice on them last year. Once we had them to cover a 41 pt spread. We also accepted a very thin proposition on the Natty.

This virus will collapse like the interior of the Oregon D line once it’s exposed as a paper tiger.

This game is The NDSU super bowl. Biggest game maybe in program history. The great Casey Finnigan did lead the Herd to Memorial Stadium in Minneapolis in the late 1930’s to face the national champion Golden Gophers 3 times. I’m not sure Oregon has ever won a College football Natty though. NDSU May be the first defending College football National Champions they have ever faced. What a break, they get the game at home.

1934 saw The Bison fall 56-12 in front of 25,000

It was 26-6 Gophers in 1935 in front of 35,000.

It was 69-7 in 1937 in front of 47,492, a crowd comparable to what is expected for this game. NDSU scored on a 54 yd roll out pass. The Bison were among the first to adopt the forward pass in 1902 under it’s inventor legendary football coach Eddy Cochems when he was at the helm for The Thundering Herd.

Here’s a look at the first Bison football team in 1894. They will be at this game too.

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

JBB wrote:
thebootfitter wrote:

Hey boot fitter, it’s “their” respective attitudes of sarcasm I’m counting on to make this game not only interesting but a profit deal too. It’s very hard to find good odds for The BISON. They have earned the respect of the odds makers. Was only able to make money twice on them last year. Once we had them to cover a 41 pt spread. We also accepted a very thin proposition on the Natty.

This virus will collapse like the interior of the Oregon D line once it’s exposed as a paper tiger.

This game is The NDSU super bowl. Biggest game maybe in program history. The great Casey Finnigan did lead the Herd to Memorial Stadium in Minneapolis in the late 1930’s to face the national champion Golden Gophers 3 times. I’m not sure Oregon has ever won a College football Natty though. NDSU May be the first defending College football National Champions they have ever faced. What a break, they get the game at home.

1934 saw The Bison fall 56-12 in front of 25,000

It was 26-6 Gophers in 1935 in front of 35,000.

It was 69-7 in 1937 in front of 47,492, a crowd comparable to what is expected for this game. NDSU scored on a 54 yd roll out pass. The Bison were among the first to adopt the forward pass in 1902 under it’s inventor legendary football coach Eddy Cochems when he was at the helm for The Thundering Herd.

Here’s a look at the first Bison football team in 1894. They will be at this game too.

And there you have it. This will not be the Super Bowl for Oregon.
thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Post by thebootfitter »

JBB wrote:I said Wisconsin was good, not that good. I didn't say NDSU was better than Wisconsin. NDSU is competitive with Wisconsin though. That is what is revealing. A box score similar to the Rose Bowl wouldn't surprise me at all. The badgers put up 332 vs The Ducks. 350 for The Bison is not out of the question at all.

The fact the BISON are better than the Griz in every phase of the game at every position should be obvious. Where were the Griz when The BISON were racking up national championship after national championship?

So... which is it??? Wisconsin is good? Or they suck? Or did you mean that the football team is good, but the program sucks because their AD won't schedule the Bison in football?
thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Post by thebootfitter »

Merganzer wrote:
JBB wrote:This game is The NDSU super bowl. Biggest game maybe in program history.
It easily has the potential to be the biggest game in program history for the Bison football program in terms of national exposure and establishing their place in the whole world of college football rather than just DII or FCS.

That being said... it's hard to label it as the Bison "Superbowl." I guess if you're comparing the media exposure of the Superbowl, then sure. But if you're talking about winning a championship, it has no bearing at all on winning the NCAA Division I National Football Championship.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

thebootfitter wrote:
Merganzer wrote:
JBB wrote:This game is The NDSU super bowl. Biggest game maybe in program history.
It easily has the potential to be the biggest game in program history for the Bison football program in terms of national exposure and establishing their place in the whole world of college football rather than just DII or FCS.

That being said... it's hard to label it as the Bison "Superbowl." I guess if you're comparing the media exposure of the Superbowl, then sure. But if you're talking about winning a championship, it has no bearing at all on winning the NCAA Division I National Football Championship.
I know y'all are very proud of your DII and FCS titles, but if you somehow pull off the upset and beat Oregon to an average football fan it would be a program defining victory. Like App St-Michigan.

Oregon's games were seen by 48 million people last year. Your title game against JMU had 2.8 million viewers. Equivalent to a mid-season Oregon game.

And while your fan base cares more about FCS titles, 95% of college football fans will consider this to be the most important game the Bison have ever played.
thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Post by thebootfitter »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
thebootfitter wrote:
Merganzer wrote:

I know y'all are very proud of your DII and FCS titles, but if you somehow pull off the upset and beat Oregon to an average football fan it would be a program defining victory. Like App St-Michigan.

Oregon's games were seen by 48 million people last year. Your title game against JMU had 2.8 million viewers. Equivalent to a mid-season Oregon game.

And while your fan base cares more about FCS titles, 95% of college football fans will consider this to be the most important game the Bison have ever played.
Yep. Pretty much what I just said.

I might quibble with a few points, but the primary point is the same.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

The BISON dont have anywhere near the audience Oregon has. We may have 1 thing in common though, each is #1 in their respective markets. I may have been speaking for myself when I called it the BISON Super Bowl,but is is for me and Im sure many other fans too. Its a lot further to Eugene than any of the other "superbowls" including Iowa and K State. The National Title games have their own distinction, no need to reference a super bowl for a national championship game, something Bison fans have a lot of experience with. Not so much the Big FBS games like this one.