NDSU/OREGON 2020

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

JBB
Two Star Recruit

Re: NDSU/OREGON 2020

Post by JBB »

UofDuck wrote:
JBB wrote:Top 20 players under 20 years of age. Both NDSU and Oregon have a player on the list. For NDSU it’s QB Trey Lance

https://247sports.com/college/north-dak ... 145460255/
Come on now, you can do better than that. You know we have two on the list...
Yep, you do. Must have scrolled through a little fast.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Could a mod PLEASE lock this useless and boring thread. IF the game is played we can talk about it in the week or two leading up to it. It's just getting redonkulous...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

nogerO wrote:Could a mod PLEASE lock this useless and boring thread. IF the game is played we can talk about it in the week or two leading up to it. It's just getting redonkulous...
Ads pay for the bills. And with no sports around, I'll take any activity.

Plus it's still relevant and all in one thread. You can choose to not read the thread.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Post by thebootfitter »

nogerO wrote:Could a mod PLEASE lock this useless and boring thread. IF the game is played we can talk about it in the week or two leading up to it. It's just getting redonkulous...
Sheesh... If that's your threshold for locking threads, I'm glad I'm not a regular participant on this site. That's a bit too draconian for my taste. Let the free market reign. If no one is interested, no one will participate and the thread will die.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:

Plus it's still relevant and all in one thread. You can choose to not read the thread.
Let's talk about how we won the WBB NC, The new look softball team, or how all the newcomers looked in the spring football game. Wait, they were all cancelled.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duck58 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

Let's talk about how we won the WBB NC, The new look softball team, or how all the newcomers looked in the spring football game. Wait, they were all cancelled.
ha!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

JBB wrote:Top 20 players under 20 years of age. Both NDSU and Oregon have a player on the list. For NDSU it’s QB Trey Lance

https://247sports.com/college/north-dak ... 145460255/
That's one of the dumbest lists I've ever seen. Maybe they should do a top 20 for players with facial hair next.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Hope nogerO isnt offended by this:

https://herosports.com/college-football ... edule-ahah

Coronavirus: Eliminating 2 Games From Each College Football Team's 2020 Schedule

Article speculates on schedules if games are cancelled. According to the NDSU AD Oregon is not on the hook if the NDSU game is cancelled. This article provides some clatity on which games Oregon may cancel.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

JBB wrote:Hope nogerO isnt offended by this:

https://herosports.com/college-football ... edule-ahah

Coronavirus: Eliminating 2 Games From Each College Football Team's 2020 Schedule

Article speculates on schedules if games are cancelled. According to the NDSU AD Oregon is not on the hook if the NDSU game is cancelled. This article provides some clatity on which games Oregon may cancel.

If they can just eliminate games randomly, dump the trip to UA. The truth is, I won't be shocked if we end up losing the first 2 games of the year, which sucks. I'm really looking forward to tOSU game.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

My guess is the OSU game is untouchable. Big game for college football.

Losing 2 home games would affect season ticket holders hurting concessions and related profit centers around town but saving production costs and guarantees but a big local hit to the economy. Seems there might be a more strategic way. Eliminating a road game like UA and a home game might be a better approach?

Losing this game will be tough on NDSU. Pretty good payday for just travel costs. It would be a good warm up game leading in to the Buckeyes. A week off after those 2 games would be good. It is the earliest game so most vulnerable. To be played we are going to need an all clear. Sooner the better.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Here’s the take from Fargo’s own Dom Izzo

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zon ... regon-game

The short version: NDSU could use the money in light of NCAA distribution cuts and interest in the game is high nationally and locally. 11,000 tickets requested, plans made and money spent.

If 11,000 or more Bison fans do show up numbers would be approaching home field for The Herd. The Fabulous Fargo Dome seats 19,000.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

I've heard that losing the 3 out of conference games is being discussed. Another option on the table is sliding the start of the season by 1 month and keeping everything. Both options have issues to overcome, but they're seriously being considered.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

That makes sense and seems to confirm the cancellations wont be to "quarantine" but rather to accommodate a shorter season.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Ominous tones from this article.

Former K-state President, Jon Wefald Tells Paul Finebaum, No Vaccine No Football

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news ... o-football
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Do not turn this thread into a discussion about politics and coronavirus.