NDSU/OREGON 2020

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

JBB
Two Star Recruit

Re: NDSU/OREGON 2020

Post by JBB »

I didn't consider the good news about the virus political in nature. The tide is turning in favor of our season and our games. Sorry the good news is offensive to some, good health is not political, but as the facts come out we will all be surprised and happy that we will play and we will return to normal.

I was returning with even more good news but now my advice is hang on to your tickets, the games will go on. CDC estimates are off by a factor of 40 in our favor.

The good new inspired us to resume our work with the GAM. Focus now is FCS vs FBS

Here are some early predictions for those interested. These will change because neither of them are the first game of the season but here is how they look:
SIU (Southern Illinois University) @ Wisconsin
UW -16; O/U 58; Mythical score UW 37 SIU 21
UND (University of North Dakota) @ KSU
KSU -21; O/U 59; Mythical score KSU 40 UND 19
We have already posted the preliminary line on the OSU game in that thread but could continue with the rest of the Oregon schedule
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

greenyellow wrote:Do not turn this thread into a discussion about politics and coronavirus.
I’m sorry, but postponement or cancellation of out of conference games is 100% related to the game this thread is discussing. To close a thread because it discusses an aspect of the topic you don’t like would be heavy handed at the least.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

ncduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Do not turn this thread into a discussion about politics and coronavirus.
I’m sorry, but postponement or cancellation of out of conference games is 100% related to the game this thread is discussing. To close a thread because it discusses an aspect of the topic you don’t like would be heavy handed at the least.
Did I close the thread? No. I'm just saying stay on topic about the game, not politics and/or the virus. We've already got threads to to discuss those topics.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

TBH I feel Oregon will pull out a win considering I believe NDSU is actually around the level of a Group of Five conference team and Oregon has a good history against those teams (except for Boise State), tho I believe the Oregon vs Ohio State game will be the highlight of the season

Also I kinda want to see an Alabama vs North Dakota State matchup considering it's the lords of the FBS vs the lords of the FCS
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

The Lords of Pucker Brush vs The Lords of Camellia Bush... Has a certain "ring" to it.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

:lol:

Go BISON!!!

Beat the Ducks. :mrgreen:

How is the atmosphere in the stadium? We are hearing it’s kind of a drunken brawl?

Boise State would be a great match-up for the Herd. The Bison would do better than 500 in the MWC. Checked Bison chances against Hawaii as well. Spread is a few points better than Oregon’s but didn’t apply adjustments as explained earlier in thread.

The adjustments are needed not because of anything the Ducks, Boise or Hawaii brings to the table. They are needed because The BISON tower over their FCS competition. Their season performance could reasonably be expected to fall more in line with the top of the FBS competition not soaring above its peers as it does now in the FCS. Those teams including Oregon would score 100 more points in the FCS too.

The most interesting proposition in college football is a game like NDSU@Oregon. There are a couple others next season as well. Northern Iowa @ Iowa comes to mind and carries with it an upset alert like this one.

These match ups are usually one-sided games resulting in 3 touch down blow-outs. there are very good FCS teams that can play competitive ball in places like Autzen and Kinnick stadiums and that tends to catch the odds makers a little flat footed. Oregon might win by 5 TDS, who knows? But it’s not in the cards. Any given Saturday in college football can bring any number of surprises.

By-the-way the BISON were +21 to Alabama in the middle of last season.

Last season The GAM showed South Dakota State over the Gophers, Northern Iowa over Iowa State and James Madison over W Virginia. All three were forecasted by narrow margins but the FBS squads prevailed. They were unable to cover the point spreads however and none went over on the over/under. the Iowa game went to OT. South Dakota State Choked what should have been a win and JMU was good but not that good.

We didn’t take the money bet winner in any of them but had points and the under selectively. It was a good day. That’s the kind of guidance being presented here.

We aren’t going to bother any more with other Oregon games but I’m sure the early prognostications would have been of interest to a few fans. As they were dialed in on game week they might also have appreciated the guiding hand on winner, spread and O/U.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

JBB wrote::lol:

Go BISON!!!

Beat the Ducks. :mrgreen:

How is the atmosphere in the stadium? We are hearing it’s kind of a drunken brawl?
Prepare to be disappointed in a number of ways.

1. Autzen's lore came from seasons of old, 80s- 2010 or so. Current Autzen pales in comparison
2. Even during the biggest games, the south side of the stadium would rarely stand up
3. For Ducks fans (you can disagree all you want) this game doesn't even crack the top 100 home games and will be very lackluster.
4. We have Ohio St the next week and all the fans will be looking ahead to that game

Assuming the season is played as it normally would, tickets will be 20-30 bucks, half the student section will be empty and the crowd noise will only show up on a couple 3rd downs but otherwise be a quiet murmur. Be prepared to be severely underwhelmed.

On the flip side, if you were to come the next week against Ohio State, it would be a totally different animal.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/offe ... dsu-bison/
NDSU offensive tackle Dillon Radunz is a hidden gem in 2021 OT class

Behind Penei Sewell, the 2021 NFL Draft offensive tackle class is wide open, and NDSU offensive tackle Dillon Radunz has the traits to be a hidden gem.
Oregon is not mentioned by name but Sewell is a generational talent.
Last edited by JBB on Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Assuming the season is played as it normally would, tickets will be 20-30 bucks, half the student section will be empty and the crowd noise will only show up on a couple 3rd downs but otherwise be a quiet murmur. Be prepared to be severely underwhelmed.
Wow, that sounds really cheap, at least right now.

Check out ticket prices here:

https://www.ticketsales.com/north-dakot ... nt/3280625

$300 in section 31. Sections 10-11 over $200. Most of the tickets are over $100 with a typical price for a decent seat over $200. Some crappy seats high up in the corners are under $100. Lowest I saw was $73. You should put yours up for sale @ $20.. They will be gone very quickly.

Oregon fans lack of enthusiasm is more than welcome. There will be a lot of Bison fans there so you wont have to worry about a quiet/dull stadium experience if you do happen to go. Game day may liven things up too.

2018: Portland State @ Oregon Attendance: 47210
2019: Montana @ Oregon Attendance: 49098
2016: NDSU BISON @ Iowa Hawkeyes Attendance: 70585

Add the 11-12,000 NDSU will bring and the 48,000 you experienced with those 2 FCS teams is suddenly 60,000. There will also be knowledgeable Duck fans that wont blow this game off like they did the mighty Portland State or the mediocre Montana Grizzlies. You may be closer to capacity than you are anticipating.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

JBB wrote:
Wow, that sounds really cheap, at least right now.

Check out ticket prices here:

https://www.ticketsales.com/north-dakot ... nt/3280625

$300 in section 31. Sections 10-11 over $200. Most of the tickets are over $100 with a typical price for a decent seat over $200. Some crappy seats high up in the corners are under $100. Lowest I saw was $73. You should put yours up for sale @ $20.. They will be gone very quickly.

Oregon fans lack of enthusiasm is more than welcome. There will be a lot of Bison fans there so you wont have to worry about a quiet/dull stadium experience if you do happen to go. Game day may liven things up too.

2018: Portland State @ Oregon Attendance: 47210
2019: Montana @ Oregon Attendance: 49098
2016: NDSU BISON @ Iowa Hawkeyes Attendance: 70585

Add the 11-12,000 NDSU will bring and the 48,000 you experienced with those 2 FCS teams is suddenly 60,000. There will also be knowledgeable Duck fans that wont blow this game off like they did the mighty Portland State or the mediocre Montana Grizzlies. You may be closer to capacity than you are anticipating.
60k is max capacity with standing room only tickets. I don’t suspect they’ll be offering standing room tickets for this game, but could be wrong. At best, it’ll probably be a sellout at around 54k. I anticipate it selling out if for no other reason than it’s their first game of the season. Unfortunately, the student section will still only be half full at most.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Will the unsold, or unused, student tickets be available for sale?

I agree it could sell-out for reserved and general admission. Kinnick Stadium at Iowa has a capacity of 69,250 and was definitely sold out. We got our tickets directly from Iowa university for that one. They released unsold tickets, or unused season tickets, at face value a couple weeks before the game. There weren't many of them but we got 4 for $65 each. We couldn't have touched them in the after-market for less than $150.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

JBB wrote:Will the unsold, or unused, student tickets be available for sale?
Nope.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

A big reason for the lack of students is they aren't in school yet, they don't start until the 3rd or 4th week of September at the U of O.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Are students still charged an extra fee in their tuition to cover tickets to school games? I forgot what percentage it was of tuition every year, but remember it wasn't a small amount. For students who never attended or had interest in sports, that fee is ridiculous to make them pay. But back then, when tickets were not difficult to obtain if you lined up at the EMU or drove to autzen pick up tickets, it was a good deal.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

alxtw wrote:Are students still charged an extra fee in their tuition to cover tickets to school games? I forgot what percentage it was of tuition every year, but remember it wasn't a small amount. For students who never attended or had interest in sports, that fee is ridiculous to make them pay. But back then, when tickets were not difficult to obtain if you lined up at the EMU or drove to autzen pick up tickets, it was a good deal.
That method also produced much more active fanfare in the students. The ones that wanted to be there, were there.