Ohio State @ Oregon - (Sept 12, TV TBA)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Re: Ohio State @ Oregon - (Sept 12, TV TBA)

Post by DuckzRule »

Also I hope the kickoff time is in the night and that it gets aired in Fox Sports rather than P12N considering I'll be on Disneyworld when the gameday happens (I hope coronavirus stops so I can go to Disney and that the game happens)
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

DuckzRule wrote:Also I hope the kickoff time is in the night and that it gets aired in Fox Sports rather than P12N considering I'll be on Disneyworld when the gameday happens (I hope coronavirus stops so I can go to Disney and that the game happens)
I can almost guarantee that the game will be on ABC.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I used to believe Oregon had some solid chance against Ohio State, but I realized that either

1. Ohio State will either blow us out of the water

2. It will be a close game but OSU wins.

I know there's still a chance Oregon wins, but sadly Ohio State has higher chances, so we need to pray for the upset to happen.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

DuckzRule wrote:I used to believe Oregon had some solid chance against Ohio State, but I realized that either

I know there's still a chance Oregon wins, but sadly Ohio State has higher chances, so we need to pray for the upset to happen.
Agree, if this game was played same week last year, we'd have a even chance of winning. But the qb position, the most important position on the team, we have a unknown question mark while Ohio State has a great, experienced qb.

It sucks that we've caught the short end of the stick again and probably won't have much of a home field advantage with social distancing and less than 50% capacity at Autzen for this game.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

alxtw wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:I used to believe Oregon had some solid chance against Ohio State, but I realized that either

Agree, if this game was played same week last year, we'd have a even chance of winning. But the qb position, the most important position on the team, we have a unknown question mark while Ohio State has a great, experienced qb.

It sucks that we've caught the short end of the stick again and probably won't have much of a home field advantage with social distancing and less than 50% capacity at Autzen for this game.

I think the Ducks have a decent chance at the upset. Yes, we'll be breaking in some new offensive lineman, but those new kids have been in the system for at least a year and they go up against our D-line, so although it isn't like last year, the cupboard also isn't bare.

Regarding our starting QB, the transfer from Boston College (Anthony Brown?) has a lot of game experience, including going up against Clemson's defense a couple times. I think Shough may have a tough time beating him out because of his edge in game experience. Also, that kid put up decent numbers at BC without anywhere close to the talent he'll be playing with at Oregon.

In addition, Ohio State has lost some key players from last year's team on both sides of the ball. Yes, they're loaded with talent, but some of that won't be experienced.

Let's just play the game and see what happens. I like Oregon's chances. I just hope they focus on North Dakota State first. If they look ahead to OSU they may lose that one.
John 3:36
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

I think the Ducks have a decent chance at the upset. Yes, we'll be breaking in some new offensive lineman, but those new kids have been in the system for at least a year and they go up against our D-line, so although it isn't like last year, the cupboard also isn't bare.

Regarding our starting QB, the transfer from Boston College (Anthony Brown?) has a lot of game experience, including going up against Clemson's defense a couple times. I think Shough may have a tough time beating him out because of his edge in game experience.
The game with a NDSU is critical. The above stated weaknesses are coming up as critical factors in the Bison game. Without that game experience those factors might become fatal flaws in Oregon’s bid for the upset.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

JBB wrote:

Regarding our starting QB, the transfer from Boston College (Anthony Brown?) has a lot of game experience, including going up against Clemson's defense a couple times. I think Shough may have a tough time beating him out because of his edge in game experience.
The game with a NDSU is critical. The above stated weaknesses are coming up as critical factors in the Bison game. Without that game experience those factors might become fatal flaws in Oregon’s bid for the upset.
I personally don't see the addition of an experienced/talented QB and talented new starters as weaknesses, but to each their own I guess. I also don't see how a less talented NDSU offense with less talented depth will hang against the highly experienced/talented/deep Oregon Defense.

Regarding tOSU, this year's Oregon defense looks deeper and better than last year. I think we hold tOSU to a score than might surprise. I don't believe Oregon is blown out. May lose, but won't be steamrolled.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Saw a ranking of defenses yesterday, and the had UO 2nd right behind Georgia.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Yeah, I'm starting to believe again there's a possibility this game is closer than the 2015 natty, maybe there's even a chance we could win, I hope COVID-19 stops by September
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Fyi I think the OSU quarterback is overrated. I saw him a few games last year (big games vs. good competition) and he looked mobile and athletic but didn't have a big wow factor in his arm. Then again, I completely acknowledge I'm the living room coach so what do I know. They have good running backs too and so the ground game is harder to stop which opens up the offense. It'll come down to his arm to win the game and i'm sure he'll get some good throws here and there... so can our O put up enough points to stay in the game?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

ducks5ever wrote:Fyi I think the OSU quarterback is overrated. I saw him a few games last year (big games vs. good competition) and he looked mobile and athletic but didn't have a big wow factor in his arm. Then again, I completely acknowledge I'm the living room coach so what do I know. They have good running backs too and so the ground game is harder to stop which opens up the offense. It'll come down to his arm to win the game and i'm sure he'll get some good throws here and there... so can our O put up enough points to stay in the game?
Fields is pretty fantastic. I want to say he was first QB ever with 40 plus TDs and 3 or fewer INTs. Plus he is mobile on top of that. RB is the question mark for them. Dobbins left for the NFL and then their top backup unfortunately blew out his knee. They have the transfer coming over from Oklahoma, but he also blew out his knee last year so no guarantees on his health.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Good look at Ohio State. Questions, or maybe not, along the D-Line otherwise solid.

He predicts a win over Oregon at about the 4:35 mark with an appearance in the National Championship game for the Buckeyes

https://youtu.be/0PUN4-Sb-Ns

Kind of looks like the NDSU @ Oregon game except Oregon is in NDSUs position. Good, maybe very good, but seemingly not good enough.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

JBB wrote:Good look at Ohio State. Questions, or maybe not, along the D-Line otherwise solid.

He predicts a win over Oregon at about the 4:35 mark with an appearance in the National Championship game for the Buckeyes

Kind of looks like the NDSU @ Oregon game except Oregon is in NDSUs position. Good, maybe very good, but seemingly not good enough.
Yeah, no.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

JBB wrote:Good look at Ohio State. Questions, or maybe not, along the D-Line otherwise solid.

Oh no, he's bleeding over.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Just out: a look at Ohio States roster.

The best in the land they say

https://youtu.be/KwKVXgS_wvU