Should the Huskies really be our most hated team

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Re: Should the Huskies really be our most hated team

Post by Blazers-1977 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:The media is biased and some of them were wanting Alabama to play Oregon and the blur offense. Oregon did not take care of business and lost a game. This goes for all the Pac 12. If you want to be in the playoffs then take care of business and don't lose. That way the committee has no choice and the team plays the game and settles it on the field. Lose a game and lose chance of being in playoffs.

In 2012 Alabama lost to an even worse ranked team than Oregon did and got in and nobody thought Notre Dame was better than Oregon , they just had a joke of a schedule just like Boise St did in 06 when one loss Florida made it in over undefeated Boise St. If their was a playoff Oregon gets a chance to play for the the title that year and they would win it all . In 2010 the refs robbed the Ducks against Auburn which made the SEC myth more prevalent.

2008 while I think Florida was the best team , USC was the second best team and close and in a playoff both those teams would get to play each other and USC very well might have won that game .
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
It's interesting: we lost to Wazzu four years in a row, and the all-time record is pretty close (Ducks lead 50-42-7). But still, I have never sensed the animosity with the Cougars. I'm sure they enjoyed that winning streak, but they didn't make donkeys out of themselves all over the place like Husky fans would have. The sense of entitlement coming out of King County is really amazing. I've had opportunity to witness it in more than just sports. I suspect it is something to do with being a large city in an otherwise remote region of the country.
Go to a game in Pullman and you may be singing a different tune. Been there a couple of times, they’re an odd low class fan base, but they HATE Oregon and don’t treat Oregon fans kindly.
x2. I went to the Oregon vs. WSU game at the Clink in Seattle when WSU was still playing one home game there each year. I went in going "We both hate the huskies!" and came out thinking "Wow, this is the dumbest bunch of pseudo-university graduates I've ever seen." Found out the hard way what a dumb, vulgar, aggressive, and dipshit fanbase that one is. There's sadly a lot of truth to the "the only people who go to Wazzu are people who didn't get into uw." Might as well say they didn't get into Western Washington, either.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

StevensTechU wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
It's interesting: we lost to Wazzu four years in a row, and the all-time record is pretty close (Ducks lead 50-42-7). But still, I have never sensed the animosity with the Cougars. I'm sure they enjoyed that winning streak, but they didn't make donkeys out of themselves all over the place like Husky fans would have. The sense of entitlement coming out of King County is really amazing. I've had opportunity to witness it in more than just sports. I suspect it is something to do with being a large city in an otherwise remote region of the country.
Go to a game in Pullman and you may be singing a different tune. Been there a couple of times, they’re an odd low class fan base, but they HATE Oregon and don’t treat Oregon fans kindly.
x2. I went to the Oregon vs. WSU game at the Clink in Seattle when WSU was still playing one home game there each year. I went in going "We both hate the huskies!" and came out thinking "Wow, this is the dumbest bunch of pseudo-university graduates I've ever seen." Found out the hard way what a dumb, vulgar, aggressive, and dipshit fanbase that one is. There's sadly a lot of truth to the "the only people who go to Wazzu are people who didn't get into uw." Might as well say they didn't get into Western Washington, either.
That’s interesting, both my trips to the palouse we parked in the motorhome lot and the fans were amazing. During the game a RB went down and their fans cheered which was pretty low class but outside of that I’ve only had great experiences. My friends that were in the marching band have said they were treated pretty badly up there so maybe just lucky with people in that lot.
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

pudgejeff wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
That’s interesting, both my trips to the palouse we parked in the motorhome lot and the fans were amazing. During the game a RB went down and their fans cheered which was pretty low class but outside of that I’ve only had great experiences. My friends that were in the marching band have said they were treated pretty badly up there so maybe just lucky with people in that lot.
I think that part of why WSU is not a most hated rival is that while their fans are pretty bad, they don't openly flaunt their hatred toward the Ducks on a regular basis, they just have sh***y fans.

Both husky and Duck fans have some pretty horrible stories about each other.

(Yes lower case was intentional.)

WSU fans are just awful at games and then move on.

I can't believe that this thread on wether or not lossington should be our most hated rival has made it this many pages without being locked.

I think the only reaction to that question can be Duh? :lol:
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I am not sure how can say the refs robbed Oregon in 2010 against Auburn. I watched the game. Oregon made way to many mistakes. If are talking about near the last play when Oregon stopped because they thought the kid was down, then I would counter that by saying kids are always taught to play to the whistle, there was no whistle, therefore he was not down. It was clear on the replay that no knee or anything touched. Ask Colorado about Maurice Morris not being down. This time it was Oregon that got bit by it. I was heart broke that Oregon did not win the game but to blame it on the refs is absurd. Chip Kelly had multiple possessions where could have gone for 3 points and instead tried to convert a 4th down and came away empty handed. I love the ducks and always will. Mistakes are sometimes to many to overcome. Frequently the team that makes the most mistakes will be the team that loses in close games. 2010 against Auburn was one of those games.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I am not sure how can say the refs robbed Oregon in 2010 against Auburn. I watched the game. Oregon made way to many mistakes. If are talking about near the last play when Oregon stopped because they thought the kid was down, then I would counter that by saying kids are always taught to play to the whistle, there was no whistle, therefore he was not down. It was clear on the replay that no knee or anything touched. Ask Colorado about Maurice Morris not being down. This time it was Oregon that got bit by it. I was heart broke that Oregon did not win the game but to blame it on the refs is absurd. Chip Kelly had multiple possessions where could have gone for 3 points and instead tried to convert a 4th down and came away empty handed. I love the ducks and always will. Mistakes are sometimes to many to overcome. Frequently the team that makes the most mistakes will be the team that loses in close games. 2010 against Auburn was one of those games.
I assume they were referencing the Scam Newton fumble and the cliff Harris pick.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

pudgejeff wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:I am not sure how can say the refs robbed Oregon in 2010 against Auburn. I watched the game. Oregon made way to many mistakes. If are talking about near the last play when Oregon stopped because they thought the kid was down, then I would counter that by saying kids are always taught to play to the whistle, there was no whistle, therefore he was not down. It was clear on the replay that no knee or anything touched. Ask Colorado about Maurice Morris not being down. This time it was Oregon that got bit by it. I was heart broke that Oregon did not win the game but to blame it on the refs is absurd. Chip Kelly had multiple possessions where could have gone for 3 points and instead tried to convert a 4th down and came away empty handed. I love the ducks and always will. Mistakes are sometimes to many to overcome. Frequently the team that makes the most mistakes will be the team that loses in close games. 2010 against Auburn was one of those games.
I assume they were referencing the Scam Newton fumble and the cliff Harris pick.
Thank you, beat me to it. The Dyer play, while I do think his wrist was down, is the least of my complaints about that game.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

IF there was any doubt as to who our biggest rival is, their new football coaches' antics at the Oregon basketball game should clear this up once and for all newbies. The hate for Oregon is strong in these people...end of discussion. Hell I root for the bark rats every time they play the fuskies. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

nogerO wrote:IF there was any doubt as to who our biggest rival is, their new football coaches' antics at the Oregon basketball game should clear this up once and for all newbies. The hate for Oregon is strong in these people...end of discussion. Hell I root for the bark rats every time they play the fuskies. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...

Let the hate be , they have been utterly dominated by Oregon for the past 25 years and it doesn’t look to get any better any time soon. Then hating us shows that they know we are better , and they are jealous of the success we have had in the modern era while they haven’t won a major bowl game since 2000.

I consider them a laughing stock and a joke who embarrassed the pac 12 during their so called modern glory years which happened only cause of a few down years for Oregon . Hating them only gives them legitimacy, while they should be treated as a joke
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Blazers-1977 wrote:
nogerO wrote:IF there was any doubt as to who our biggest rival is, their new football coaches' antics at the Oregon basketball game should clear this up once and for all newbies. The hate for Oregon is strong in these people...end of discussion. Hell I root for the bark rats every time they play the fuskies. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...

Let the hate be , they have been utterly dominated by Oregon for the past 25 years and it doesn’t look to get any better any time soon. Then hating us shows that they know we are better , and they are jealous of the success we have had in the modern era while they haven’t won a major bowl game since 2000.

I consider them a laughing stock and a joke who embarrassed the pac 12 during their so called modern glory years which happened only cause of a few down years for Oregon . Hating them only gives them legitimacy, while they should be treated as a joke
Some things last forever. Guess some people had to have been at Autzen when their trash fan base acted like they owned the place for many years.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

nogerO wrote:
Blazers-1977 wrote:

Some things last forever. Guess some people had to have been at Autzen when their trash fan base acted like they owned the place for many years.
IMO being treated as a joke is a worse punishment then getting the other fan base to hate you like you hate them as that means they know they aren’t even treated in the same class as the team they hate .

While Husky fans hate Oregon because they are jealous of us .m, they know that we don’t even bother ourselves with them , we hate teams who actually stand in our way: Ohio St and SEC teams.

Everyone has their own opinions though , as I hated the lakers in 2017 even though they were a joke then
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Blazers-1977 wrote:

It is funny to hearken back to a day when Husky fans used to say, "Oh, do you play in the Pac 10 too?" to now, when beating Oregon is the #1 goal of every football season. Thanks, Damon Huard. :lol:
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

Phalanx wrote:
Blazers-1977 wrote:

It is funny to hearken back to a day when Husky fans used to say, "Oh, do you play in the Pac 10 too?" to now, when beating Oregon is the #1 goal of every football season. Thanks, Damon Huard. :lol:

Lol , one husky fan lol tried to give us a Husky Water Cup for filling up our coffee machine when they visited us in Portland and when I said no they gave it to my mom lol knowing she would accept it (to be fair I gifted them an Oregon Duck hat when I visited them in Seattle). Then I responded you know that Water Cup will be used as a servant for a Coffee Maker I put a Duck sticker on(and put that sticker immediately after they gave my mom that cup) . Then I ended with it will be a reminder to every husky fan who visit our house that they now “bow down to Oregon” . Now lol that water cup isn’t even used hahahahaha except when they come over to visit just to remind them of that lol.

Lol the only response they have is at least we in Seattle have a NFL Team while you guys in Oregon don’t so we can watch real football while you have to watch college football. It’s fun reminding them that Oregon football is king of college football out west .
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Blazers-1977 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
Blazers-1977 wrote:

Lol , one husky fan lol tried to give us a Husky Water Cup for filling up our coffee machine when they visited us in Portland and when I said no they gave it to my mom lol knowing she would accept it (to be fair I gifted them an Oregon Duck hat when I visited them in Seattle). Then I responded you know that Water Cup will be used as a servant for a Coffee Maker I put a Duck sticker on(and put that sticker immediately after they gave my mom that cup) . Then I ended with it will be a reminder to every husky fan who visit our house that they now “bow down to Oregon” . Now lol that water cup isn’t even used hahahahaha except when they come over to visit just to remind them of that lol.

Lol the only response they have is at least we in Seattle have a NFL Team while you guys in Oregon don’t so we can watch real football while you have to watch college football. It’s fun reminding them that Oregon football is king of college football out west .
Lol lol lol. You're obviously too young to try to change who our most hated team is and it's not even close. Lol
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

Merganzer wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:In fairness, I'd probably qualify as "middle aged" and when I left school, I didn't think we had much of a rivalry with washington. Why? Because we spanked them every year and they were terrible. How could that be a rivalry?

Then I moved to Seattle for 3 years. A guy I worked with said the best an Oregon grad could do is be his flight attendant. A guy pushed me while I was pissing in a urinal at a bar in Fremont because I had an Oregon shirt on. At a game at uw, a group of 40+ yr old guys refused to move from our co-ed group's seats and wanted to fight us for having security handle it. And then there's just the incessant whineyness, self-unaware elitism (newsflash: your school is just ok and your football team is trash), and general dumbassery that I think only Michigan fans can really compete with. I wouldn't be sad in the least bit if they disbanded the program. I'm content with the friendly rivalry that exists between us and OSU.
Not discounting the WSU hate. But I think that a huge part of the noise coming from U DUmB is insecurity. From the start it went their way, BOW DOWN carried the day. But then it started to turn; James leaves, Lambright, Tyrone Willingham, 0-12 season, 12-0 Ducks run, 3 straight classes that didn't beat Oregon! 20-10 Oregon in the last 30 games.
They thought that 70-21 would take care of it, then they handled the Ducks again, and everything was alright again. But, no, 2 in a row for Oregon, and back in Autzen next season. All their fan base has is self righteous barking. It's gotta be ruff, ruff to be a Husky

The fact they thought that 2017 meant that they had control of the rivalry again is laughable given that our starting QB , Justin Herbert was out due to injury in that game .