Should the Huskies really be our most hated team

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Should the Huskies really be our most hated team

Post by Blazers-1977 »

We have dominated them since 94 and the Huskies haven’t had much success other than 2000, 2016-18 since then either. I have found USC to be far far more detestable in every way and Stanford has ruined our hopes far more than UW(2001,2012-13).

I would say overall Ohio St/Auburn should be more most hated teams with USC being our most hated PAC-12 team.
SuperDuck
Senior

Re: Should the Huskies really be our most hated team

Post by SuperDuck »

I agree with Ohio State and Auburn. As far as the conference goes, I'll always dislike the Huskies because they hate us so much, and the Beavers, when we play them.

My personal 2 most hated teams in conference right now are Stanford and Arizona State. Both have given us tough losses in recent years and both have given us losses that have cost us a chance at the BCS championship and the playoffs.
John 3:36
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

Actual team or fanbase? Team not so much, fanbase 100%.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

HUCK THE FUSKIES!
DuckDuckJuice
Two Star Recruit

Post by DuckDuckJuice »

It’s been a long time since UW could beat a good Oregon team, the only thing they really contribute to the rivalry is unbearable fans. Stanford would make a better rivalry on the field, but their fans are pretty disengaged.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

BLASPHEMY!!! That is my thought about the question. LOL.... All kidding aside, It is not even close who to me is the most hated team. I remember being curb stomped by them way to many times in the 70s. I am old. Too many times where they were disrespectful of Oregon... and Oregon state too. I still remember them dancing on the O at Autzen. I still remember the coaches telling the Seattle times that Oregon and Oregon state did not belong in the same conference as them. I still remember Lambreight telling the cotton bowl officials they should pick Washington over Oregon even though Oregon beat them at home that year. Way to many instance for this old duck fan to not forget.
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

SuperDuck wrote:I agree with Ohio State and Auburn. As far as the conference goes, I'll always dislike the Huskies because they hate us so much, and the Beavers, when we play them.

My personal 2 most hated teams in conference right now are Stanford and Arizona State. Both have given us tough losses in recent years and both have given us losses that have cost us a chance at the BCS championship and the playoffs.
AZ St was more on us just playing terribly IMO . If we played that badly against UW , WSU , and even OSU we would have lost
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

NEVER FORGET 1948!!!!

:lol:
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Deal with their arrogant fans for a few days, then get back to us.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

This thread is blasphemous.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

For forever and a day. Yes. My best friend passed away 3 years ago(he was a Oregon grad) and he hated the Huskies. We always would talk about how in the old days there would be more dog fans than Duck fans at Autzen(seemed that way). At his memorial his brother had a ted Bundy was a husky banner made and laid to rest with him. So all that to say f the huskies
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Silly question.

duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

For forever and a day. Yes. My best friend passed away 3 years ago(he was a Oregon grad) and he hated the Huskies. We always would talk about how in the old days there would be more dog fans than Duck fans at Autzen(seemed that way). At his memorial his brother had a ted Bundy was a husky banner made and laid to rest with him. So all that to say f the huskies
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

I can't even think about this question, hating the Hussies is a reflex. Can't hate OSU because they really can't compete, and hating them would give them too much credit. USC isn't hateable because it isn't necessary. Their fan base is a bunch of front runners, the LA media are elitists, the players, Matt Leinart, are GO Ducks now.
Washington is hatebale in every regard: The fan base isn't full of front runners like USC; they live in the past; during the 12-0 they kept going back to the all time record being in their favor, disregarding the last 30 games being 20-10 Oregon. So, unlike it being like shutting the door on the annoying neighbor next door when it comes the Rodents, beating the Hussies is mandatory!
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Deal with their arrogant fans for a few days, then get back to us.

Doesn’t every team have arrogant fans , like the vast majority of UW fans I have seen don’t hate the Ducks either and mostly their annoying comments are on how they unlike me watch the NFL more which they call “real football”. They rooted for the Ducks in the rose Bowl .

On the other hand USC fans constantly talk about the glory days in the 2000s forgetting that much of that was due to flagrantly violating NCAA rules , act like they are entitled to the players in SoCal , and the team itself has tormented the Ducks far more than the Huskies in the modern era .