Marcus to the Raiders

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: Marcus to the Raiders

Post by Merganzer »

And, this is important. Raiders pick up Marcus, looks like Tampa Bay is going to go with some 43 year old. What's gonna happen with Jameis?
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Merganzer wrote:And, this is important. Raiders pick up Marcus, looks like Tampa Bay is going to go with some 43 year old. What's gonna happen with Jameis?
I think Cleveland would actually be a good landing spot for him. He would push Mayfield, and he would actually be willing to throw the ball downfield to OBJ and Landry
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

squintsdd wrote:
Merganzer wrote:And, this is important. Raiders pick up Marcus, looks like Tampa Bay is going to go with some 43 year old. What's gonna happen with Jameis?
I think Cleveland would actually be a good landing spot for him. He would push Mayfield, and he would actually be willing to throw the ball downfield to OBJ and Landry
And also to the defense. :D
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Not a bad contract for a backup:
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:Not a bad contract for a backup:
Nice! Good deal. A fresh start, new coaches a new city and another chance with a coach who believes in him....... and another 17+ million. GO RADIERS! Welcome to Vegas baby!
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Hard to believe, but he's actually getting a nice little pay raise as his previous annual salary was just north of $6 million/year.

Unfortunately for Marcus, he doesn't qualify for the government $1,200 stimulus as he will be making too much money. :(
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:
Translation....... I want out of the mess I been in! Get me some stability and A coach that will use my talents. Sounds like he is happy.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

:lol:
JIDuck97 wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
And also to the defense. :D
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Marcus Mariota will lead the Las Vegas Raiders to the playoffs in 2020: CBS Sports prediction
https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/0 ... ction.html
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Sounds like a winner to me!

Would probably sour the milk all over Tennessee...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Merganzer wrote:Marcus Mariota will lead the Las Vegas Raiders to the playoffs in 2020: CBS Sports prediction
I would have liked his take much better if he could have tried to be serious while saying, he couldn’t stop laughing and for me it lost credibility. With that said I would be surprised at all to see Marcus win the job or take over at some point next season. He is coming off a well rested healthy year and with luck grades will know how to use him, I believe he does, the trick will to keep Marcus healthy.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Alan wrote:
Merganzer wrote:Marcus Mariota will lead the Las Vegas Raiders to the playoffs in 2020: CBS Sports prediction
I would have liked his take much better if he could have tried to be serious while saying, he couldn’t stop laughing and for me it lost credibility. With that said I would not be surprised at all to see Marcus win the job or take over at some point next season. He is coming off a well rested healthy year and with luck grades will know how to use him, I believe he does, the trick will to keep Marcus healthy.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Merganzer wrote:
Alan wrote:
I would have liked his take much better if he could have tried to be serious while saying, he couldn’t stop laughing and for me it lost credibility. With that said I would not be surprised at all to see Marcus win the job or take over at some point next season. He is coming off a well rested healthy year and with luck grades will know how to use him, I believe he does, the trick will to keep Marcus healthy.
Thanks for the edit and correction, lol. I need to learn to proofread.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Marcus Mariota is the highest-paid backup QB in the NFL in 2020: Report:
https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/0 ... eport.html