Which NFL team will draft Justin Herbert?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Which NFL team will draft Justin Herbert?

Post by DuckzRule »

This is something I have been wondering, all of the predictions I have seen say he will get drafted by either the Miami Dolphins or by Los Angeles Chargers, so which team do you think will draft him?
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Re: Which NFL team will draft Justin Herbert?

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Predictions are generally wrong because insiders are fed info that is often smokescreens. Trades change EVERYTHING.

I’m sorry. This is a crappy answer to give when you’re trying to start a discussion. I promise I’m not trying to be a prick. ;)
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Oh OK, I didn't realize, sorry for my mistake
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

DuckzRule wrote:Oh OK, I didn't realize, sorry for my mistake
No need to be sorry, this is what this forum is for, discussions like this. I think this is a great topic.

I personally feel like he'll end up with the Chargers, and that's probably just me hoping for that, cause I think that'd be a great fit for him. I don't want to see him in Miami, that'd be bad.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Also funny thing, if Herbert indeed gets drafted by the Chargers, he will be playing a rivalry game AGAINST Marcus Mariota cuz I saw the Chargers and the Raiders are in the same division in the same conference.

Imagine Herbert realizing Mariota played for Oregon and then meets him...
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

DuckzRule wrote:Oh OK, I didn't realize, sorry for my mistake
Yeah bro. No need to be sorry. I should be sorry for giving a Debbie Downer response!

Both the Dolphins and Chargers need a quarterback. However, some teams feel they can wait until round 2 or 3 and get a better value. Is someone in love with Herbert and willing to trade up? My gut says yes.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

DuckzRule wrote:Also funny thing, if Herbert indeed gets drafted by the Chargers, he will be playing a rivalry game AGAINST Marcus Mariota cuz I saw the Chargers and the Raiders are in the same division in the same conference.

Imagine Herbert realizing Mariota played for Oregon and then meets him...
Are you joking with us? Anyone who's watched the NFL in the past 20 years would know that the Raiders and Chargers have always been in the same division. Also, Herbert and Mariota have met plenty of times in Eugene so it's not like they're complete strangers.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

There is a huge difference of opinion on Herbert. On the nay side we have McShay & Dan Orlovsky who dismiss the measurables and judge Herbert as mediocre at best, and the yay side, Mel Kiper, Rex Ryan, Mike Tannenbaum, former Jets GM, who do count the 6'6, big arm, Combine, Rose Bowl win, running included, who say he will be a long time NFL starter. Right now what I want the most is that Herbert is picked before Jordan Love. Lately, there has been discussion that Tua's health concerns have teams concerned and Herbert could be the 2nd QB picked, behind Burrow.
That would be fun. Except of course the vicarious thrill of Marcus being #2 evaporated when the reality of Tennessee set in. So, let him fall to #30 and back up Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

If he lands in Miami, he will end up Joey 2.0. Horrible franchise.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:Predictions are generally wrong because insiders are fed info that is often smokescreens. Trades change EVERYTHING.

I’m sorry. This is a crappy answer to give when you’re trying to start a discussion. I promise I’m not trying to be a prick. ;)
Prick!

:)
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

DuckzRule wrote:This is something I have been wondering, all of the predictions I have seen say he will get drafted by either the Miami Dolphins or by Los Angeles Chargers, so which team do you think will draft him?
Welcome to the board!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:Predictions are generally wrong because insiders are fed info that is often smokescreens. Trades change EVERYTHING.

Actually on QB's I tend to disagree. There are only so many teams looking for a starter and you can legitimately try and peg who will go after them since you know who plays where.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

nogerO wrote:

Prick!

:)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

greenyellow wrote:
I wonder if that is his fault or his father getting involved again?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!