Any toxic fans of any team you have met?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Any toxic fans of any team you have met?

Post by DuckzRule »

I had this idea for the post after being on Twitter for a while, on a tweet where they said the USA Today preseason rankings for the 2020 season (Oregon being ranked higher than Alabama but lower than Georgia), there was a USC fanboy named USC Ricky who insulted and made fun of Oregon and it's fans for no reason whatsoever, and when we replied to him, he kept ignoring us but not before continue with his Oregon mocking, he even called me a "dumb f*ck" after I replied to him to stop mocking Oregon (he doesn't even realize USC's 2004 natty was vacated), and I was so mad I made a tweet where I told UO fans to go insult Ricky because of his insanely rude behavior (I know what I made was wrong but calling someone a dumb f*ck is no better), I bet he's angry from the beating we gave USC in November 2nd, there's also some North Dakota State fans who vandalized a poll I made and whenever I said "NDSU fans are toxic" a girl started to follow me and like the tweets so I had to block her and recently I realized how toxic North Texas fans would be but it has to be with basketball so I won't say it.

I have heard people saying LSU fans are the worst fans ever after seeing an Ohio State vs Oregon conversation in this forums, but I still wanted to know your experiences with toxic fans you have had.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Any toxic fans of any team you have met?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

For me personally. Worst road game fans were Wyoming. Which was surprising. Before the game started, lots of 'F U's while we just walked around the stadium. During the game, and inside the stadium, it was a lot better, but was shocked at how vulgar they were before, especially since we were just walking and not trying to provoke anyone.

Caught me by surprise.

And husky fans are the worst. I was at a mariner game and a guy was threatening to fight me when I was in a group with babies lolz.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I've said it a thousand times before and will continue to say it, LSU fans were the most vulgar and toxic fanbase I've ever been around. They were physical and racist to add onto their vulgar language. It amazed me to see parents with their young kids standing next to them throwing vulgar/racist insults at duck fans simply just walking to their cars after the game. Worst part was duck fans really weren't saying anything, just trying to get home. It was pure shocking, I wonder if most SEC games are like that.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

My brother is an Oregon fan. I wouldn't sit within 500 feet of him at a sporting event. Does that count?
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

My wife has been to an Oregon game at ASU, and another at Arizona... Once.

She refuses to return to either city or stadium after those singularly (for her) eye opening experiences.

At the Arizona game, opposing (In most cases , inebriated) fans stormed the Duck section trying to get to the Duck guy who used to beat a stuffed mascot on the ground every time Oregon scored. It was a rather large contingent, and took quite a few security personnel to clean up.

I, myself, thoroughly enjoyed the thrashing the Ducks gave both teams, but that wasn't enough to convince her to return.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

rentdodger
One Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger »

woundedknees wrote:My wife has been to an Oregon game at ASU, and another at Arizona... Once.

She refuses to return to either city or stadium after those singularly (for her) eye opening experiences.

At the Arizona game, opposing (In most cases , inebriated) fans stormed the Duck section trying to get to the Duck guy who used to beat a stuffed mascot on the ground every time Oregon scored. It was a rather large contingent, and took quite a few security personnel to clean up.

I, myself, thoroughly enjoyed the thrashing the Ducks gave both teams, but that wasn't enough to convince her to return.
I have been to many games at ASU and UA over the last 25 years with my kids alums of both schools. Never had an issue at ASU other than drunk Oregon fans mouthing off and causing problems.

U of A is a whole different environment. They are absolutely the trash of the conference. Never buy tickets in either end zones if you go to a game there. Too many incidents over the years to talk about. 2009 was absolutely out of hand with the bottles flying.

That Duck guy that swings the mascot goes out of his way to cause problems and almost seems to relish the attention. He’s just asking to get his ass kicked.
Last edited by rentdodger on Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Worst: LSU, OHio st, and Udumb

Best: Tennesse, Virginia
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

You sound like a toxic fan.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I understand the swinger-dinger is low hanging fruit, but I have to admit, it's an issue when more than two dozen roudy and/or intoxicated fans storm the visitor section with little regard to whom will be the recipient of bodily harm, regardless of what idiot is stoking the fire

The ASU issue was mostly excessively boorish frat boys, prior to the gates opening...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I've said it a thousand times before and will continue to say it, LSU fans were the most vulgar and toxic fanbase I've ever been around. They were physical and racist to add onto their vulgar language. It amazed me to see parents with their young kids standing next to them throwing vulgar/racist insults at duck fans simply just walking to their cars after the game. Worst part was duck fans really weren't saying anything, just trying to get home. It was pure shocking, I wonder if most SEC games are like that.
Yeh, I don't wanna imagine how stupidly arrogant they were when LSU won the natty this year, and how much they kept insulting Clemson.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Been to a couple civil wars at Reser and Beavers fans are pretty bad.

I went to the Wyoming game with TK and there were a number of rude fans before the game but once the game started all the fans in our section were great.

Cal's away fans at the gameday game in Autzen were pretty obnoxious (used to have season tickets next to visitor section).
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

UF fans are pretty bad but I chalk that up to living right next to Gainesville. It was definitely at it's peak when Urban and the players were running wild was more known about.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

My grandson plays for Linfield. I was wearing Duck jacket. A man wearing UW jacket was ribbing me since UW was leading 28-14 then. If I could have found him after the game I would probably have been more obnoxious. Linfield also trounced his Washington school, I believe Puget Sound. I know this is not a serious one, but I haven't really had many bad ones.