Devon Williams

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

justducky0
Senior

Re: Devon Williams

Post by justducky0 »

Take it with a grain of salt. This is from my USC friend who follows them very closely.

"Dwill is an amazing athlete with good hands and a great D1 WR. His problem is there are rumors he is just not very smart at an IQ level and major issues picking up the playbook at USC. It was known around USC that he reallllllly struggled with grades in HS & at USC , thats why he never saw the field".
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Did USC really run a very complicated playbook? I thought they were more of a quick read air raid offense.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

I dont think it was overly complicated ... but that all could be rumor, just sharing what was said from the USC side.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

justducky0 wrote:I dont think it was overly complicated ... but that all could be rumor, just sharing what was said from the USC side.
That is a really nasty rumor to spread--especially if you aren't sure it is even true.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

justducky0 wrote:Take it with a grain of salt. This is from my USC friend who follows them very closely.

"Dwill is an amazing athlete with good hands and a great D1 WR. His problem is there are rumors he is just not very smart at an IQ level and major issues picking up the playbook at USC. It was known around USC that he reallllllly struggled with grades in HS & at USC , thats why he never saw the field".
I agree it’s a nasty rumor and I’m sure the USC boards were not as nice as you put it, at least to me you made an effort not to use the easy term “stupid” or the equivalent. It could be that he has a retention problem. Take me for an example, I have an extremely high IQ but my retention of the material I read, watch or otherwise learn is a different story. I would really like to tell you what my IQ # was but........retention ;) :lol:
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Some players need a extra year or two or three in order for the game to slow down and digest college football. There are some players that never develop the mental aspect of college football, whlie some players can walk in day one and thrive. It sounds like sour grapes from the USC fan base.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

wepto wrote:
justducky0 wrote:I dont think it was overly complicated ... but that all could be rumor, just sharing what was said from the USC side.
That is a really nasty rumor to spread--especially if you aren't sure it is even true.
Woah! Pump the brakes dude. Do you have reading comprehension issues? He clearly started his post with “take this with a grain of salt.”
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

nogerO wrote:
wepto wrote:
Woah! Pump the brakes dude. Do you have reading comprehension issues? He clearly started his post with “take this with a grain of salt.”
It is still going to get repeated. Somebody he knows will probably see it. Don't be a dick. Why help USC spread sour grapes?