Interesting Oregon Football Stat

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

Interesting Oregon Football Stat

Post by Phalanx »

Chalk this up to a slow time for sports, but I was looking at the all-time record for Oregon vs. the Pac 12. It appears that, after the decades of being the co-league doormat with the Beavers, the Ducks have finally drawn even on the all time list with a record of 369-369-27. Obviously, not all of these games were played in-conference as some teams like Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah were not always part of the gang, but still, I think this is an historic mark, especially for those of us who remember being in the midst of the losing years.

Oregon is also tied with Cal in historic head-to-head games at 40-40-2. The remaining teams ahead of the Ducks are UCLA, UW, Stanford, and USC. All of these have double-digit leads, so it will be a long time before the Ducks catch anyone else.
GrantDuck
Senior

Re: Interesting Oregon Football Stat

Post by GrantDuck »

Cool. What's crazy is Cal had a massive run of success(I can't remember when, like the 1950's or 60's?) at one point, sort of similar to us, that I wasn't aware of until recently.

However, we all know, Oregon football was invented in 1994. 8-)
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

I wish Oregon football was invented in 1994. I was always a Duck fan but I have bad memories of the 70's and 80's. Especially 1983 I still think I have rain in my stuff from that game.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

GrantDuck wrote:Cool. What's crazy is Cal had a massive run of success(I can't remember when, like the 1950's or 60's?) at one point, sort of similar to us, that I wasn't aware of until recently.

Since '94, Oregon is 161-73, 68.8% against Pac-12 teams, as mentioned some of the games were played before all the teams were in the conference.
rentdodger
One Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger »

Merganzer wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:Cool. What's crazy is Cal had a massive run of success(I can't remember when, like the 1950's or 60's?) at one point, sort of similar to us, that I wasn't aware of until recently.

Since '94, Oregon is 161-73, 68.8% against Pac-12 teams, as mentioned some of the games were played before all the teams were in the conference.
Oregon never had true full home field schedule equality until the opening of Autzen stadium in 1967. OSU and WSU were the only teams from the old pac-8/AAUW that would play in Eugene. All the other teams including UW would only play in Portland at Multnomah Stadium. In the case of UW that “home”game in Portland was always more of a neutral site game. The Huskies always seem to forget that advantage in the series head to head that existed for years.

I believe since Oregon has gone to a true home and home the comparable records to the original PAC-8 schools are much better than the overall historical match ups. I think that Oregon might be up a game or two Over the Huskies since ‘67. That said, from 1970-82 Oregon football was pretty brutal.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Quietduck wrote:I wish Oregon football was invented in 1994. I was always a Duck fan but I have bad memories of the 70's and 80's. Especially 1983 I still think I have rain in my stuff from that game.
My son and I would go to games. The attendants said to sit wherever we wanted because there were plenty of empty seats all over the stadium. It was fun for us but our team was bad.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Would be interesting to see what our records against Pac-12 teams are since 2000.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Would be interesting to see what our records against Pac-12 teams are since 2000.
71%. 126-51 of 177 games. 66-21 at Autzen, 55-30 road, 5-0 neutral site.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

maxduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Would be interesting to see what our records against Pac-12 teams are since 2000.
71%. 126-51 of 177 games. 66-21 at Autzen, 55-30 road, 5-0 neutral site.
Thanks.

55-30 on the road is really good ha! Did you generate that from a site? Do they show our record per team?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

http://football.stassen.com/records/

You can also view year by year results for any school under team list.