Most Likely to Transfer

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Most Likely to Transfer

Post by StevensTechU »

This is a list that is never going to be right (who saw Brenden Schooler transferring?), but I think is something worth monitoring and considering. Here's my stab at the top 10 scholarship players most likely to transfer.

Camden Lewis
Chris Randazzo
Dawson Jaramillo
Robby Ashford (if not a transfer, a position switch)
Cale Millen
Sampson Niu
Jayvaun Wilson
Bryan Addison
Isaah Crocker
Trikweze Bridges

Most are probably wondering why there's no Sam Poutasi. I actually didn't include Sam Poutasi because at this point I just don't see anything being the final straw to lead him to transfer.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Most Likely to Transfer

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I'm hoping/thinking we see Ashford used in some Wildcat packages to utilize his size and speed.

Outside of him, I agree with your list minus maybe Bridges. He has had some good reports out of practices and we are a little thin in the secondary.

Others:
- Anthony Brown will likely transfer after this season
- Whomever doesn't play out of Treven Ma'ae and Isaac Townsend might transfer
- Andrew Faoliu is low on the depth chart and may leave once his brother does
- Lance Wilhoite if he doesn't get reps, especially since he's from Tennessee
- Suava Poti
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I'm hoping/thinking we see Ashford used in some Wildcat packages to utilize his size and speed.

Outside of him, I agree with your list minus maybe Bridges. He has had some good reports out of practices and we are a little thin in the secondary.

Others:
- Anthony Brown will likely transfer after this season
- Whomever doesn't play out of Treven Ma'ae and Isaac Townsend might transfer
- Andrew Faoliu is low on the depth chart and may leave once his brother does
- Lance Wilhoite if he doesn't get reps, especially since he's from Tennessee
- Suava Poti
I don’t know if Anthony Brown would take another year of eligibility because of the Corona opportunity, he’s already a grad transfer and not sure how it will work for those guys. Cale Millen leaving seems possible, or any QB for that matter.

I think both Townsend and Maae are in line to get reps or playing time this year, but wouldn’t surprise me.

Agreed on Wilhoite. Shame, I loved his tape. As well as Crocker and maybe Waters. Crocker hasn’t even sniffed a role on this team. With a gaggle of new WRs in the recruiting class and only JJIII and Redd as seniors some WRs will leave.

No idea on DLs, last year we had two seniors and two juniors, so other than KT and Dorlus everyone kept their redshirt. One of the positions that it usually takes a few years to break into the lineup.

I think CJ goes into the draft, he’s a top-100 prospect on many mocks. I don’t think Dye or Cyrus would grad transfer. Jayvaun Wilson hasn’t been mentioned much, he’d be my bet out of the RBs. I don’t know if Dollars has a role.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

I think Cam McCormick will get a medical retirement and transfer, similar to Canton Kaumatule.
partytime1667
One Star Recruit

Post by partytime1667 »

FlDuckFan wrote:I think Cam McCormick will get a medical retirement and transfer, similar to Canton Kaumatule.
Is he not healthy this year?
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

partytime1667 wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:I think Cam McCormick will get a medical retirement and transfer, similar to Canton Kaumatule.
Is he not healthy this year?
Not from what I've read on other sites like Scoopduck.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

His name has not surfaced in any practice reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I wouldn't be surprised on Dollars depending what happens this year or next year if CJ does leave
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

StevensTechU wrote:This is a list that is never going to be right (who saw Brenden Schooler transferring?), but I think is something worth monitoring and considering. Here's my stab at the top 10 scholarship players most likely to transfer.

Camden Lewis
Chris Randazzo
Dawson Jaramillo
Robby Ashford (if not a transfer, a position switch)
Cale Millen
Sampson Niu
Jayvaun Wilson
Bryan Addison
Isaah Crocker
Trikweze Bridges

Most are probably wondering why there's no Sam Poutasi. I actually didn't include Sam Poutasi because at this point I just don't see anything being the final straw to lead him to transfer.
STU-- I am curious why you chose some of these names? I'll list them and agree or ask:

Camden Lewis--- (Why? I think he'll win the job)
Chris Randazzo. (Agreed-- being the only guy to opt out is a bit strange)
Dawson Jaramillo-- (I doubt it, unless he wants to play with his brother)
Robby Ashford (if not a transfer, a position switch)-- (Agreed)
Cale Millen (Agreed--- I am not sure he'll ever play because of his shoulder. Has he been in practice reports?)
Sampson Niu-- Agreed. I think he's already done.
Jayvaun Wilson. -- Agreed. Tweener and already passed on the depth chart. I thought he would switch to LB until we got 3 monsters.
Bryan Addison-- Agreed. It depends on where he lands on the depth chart. I am surprised he didn't switch to S.
Isaah Crocker--He won't play, but seems to love the school. I am not convinced he loves football.
Trikweze Bridges-- Why??

Added: Lance Willhoite-- highly touted, but will be passed by some of the current team and be buried further by next years recruits.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

RE Cale Millen: he’s been mentioned in practice reports, running the third team. That’s all that I’ve seen. He’s the obvious choice for a transfer, but who knows. Maybe he impresses during the season and stays. Shough is a RS sophomore, Brown is most likely gone after this year unless he petitions for more eligibility.

Robby Ashford is a guy I figured would switch positions, since he said he’s willing and because he supposedly doesn’t have the accuracy. But he’s been getting a lot of positive things said about him by other players. Super hard worker, he looks like he put on 25 pounds of muscle. He looks as jacked as any of our RBs.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

RE Cale Millen: he’s been mentioned in practice reports, running the third team. That’s all that I’ve seen. He’s the obvious choice for a transfer, but who knows. Maybe he impresses during the season and stays. Shough is a RS sophomore, Brown is most likely gone after this year unless he petitions for more eligibility.

Robby Ashford is a guy I figured would switch positions, since he said he’s willing and because he supposedly doesn’t have the accuracy. But he’s been getting a lot of positive things said about him by other players. Super hard worker, he looks like he put on 25 pounds of muscle. He looks as jacked as any of our RBs.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

GoDucksTroll wrote:RE Cale Millen: he’s been mentioned in practice reports, running the third team. That’s all that I’ve seen. He’s the obvious choice for a transfer, but who knows. Maybe he impresses during the season and stays. Shough is a RS sophomore, Brown is most likely gone after this year unless he petitions for more eligibility.

I believe this is incorrect. This year does not count against eligibility for anyone. Brown can stay another year if he chooses without a petition.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I understand that they are saying this year doesn't count for eligibility, but realistically, it's pretty doubtful that guys like Brown are going to stay another year. Don't you have to carry a full load at school in order to stay? Unless he is going for his doctorate, it seems like he might want to move on. Anyway, Cristobal is not recruiting as if people are staying another year. Are the scholarship limits going up?
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

I thought Brown was a graduate transfer. Depending on the subject, graduate school is actually easier than undergrad. Going from a B.S. in Education to Grad school being a great example
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phalanx wrote:I understand that they are saying this year doesn't count for eligibility, but realistically, it's pretty doubtful that guys like Brown are going to stay another year. Don't you have to carry a full load at school in order to stay? Unless he is going for his doctorate, it seems like he might want to move on. Anyway, Cristobal is not recruiting as if people are staying another year. Are the scholarship limits going up?
You just have to maintain min. credit hours, which was 12 when I was in school.

I don't think Brown is a candidate to stay, but George Moore might be someone who doesn't look to have a Pro future but could still be a very good college OL for a team that has playoff aspirations.