Most Likely to Transfer

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

jimmy12
Senior

Re: Most Likely to Transfer

Post by jimmy12 »

At this rate Cam McCormick may run out of eligibility on his 40th birthday. He may be the first player in history to have 12 years of eligibility.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

jimmy12 wrote:
STU-- I am curious why you chose some of these names? I'll list them and agree or ask:

Camden Lewis--- (Why? I think he'll win the job)
Chris Randazzo. (Agreed-- being the only guy to opt out is a bit strange)
Dawson Jaramillo-- (I doubt it, unless he wants to play with his brother)
Robby Ashford (if not a transfer, a position switch)-- (Agreed)
Cale Millen (Agreed--- I am not sure he'll ever play because of his shoulder. Has he been in practice reports?)
Sampson Niu-- Agreed. I think he's already done.
Jayvaun Wilson. -- Agreed. Tweener and already passed on the depth chart. I thought he would switch to LB until we got 3 monsters.
Bryan Addison-- Agreed. It depends on where he lands on the depth chart. I am surprised he didn't switch to S.
Isaah Crocker--He won't play, but seems to love the school. I am not convinced he loves football.
Trikweze Bridges-- Why??

Added: Lance Willhoite-- highly touted, but will be passed by some of the current team and be buried further by next years recruits.
Camden has no margin for error. I have no idea if he is going to win the job, but if he struggles, I don't see him staying.
Jaramillo- Like Poutasi, I don't see him ever cracking the starting lineup unless there are major injuries. The talented 2021 class isn't going to help.
Crocker- another where I just don't know if he every gets the playing time he could elsewhere. He might just realistically be a Big Sky kind of player.
Bridges- Bridges is definitely benefiting from the lack of depth at the corner spots right now. He's long, but he's by far the slower corner Oregon has had in the last 15 years since I've been following the team. He's more of a natural safety, but there's a ton of depth there. I listed him under the assumption that Oregon would recruit some guys who will pass him on the depth chart, but I'm starting to question that.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Earlier I said Cale Millen was running the third team, and yesterday they reported that Jay Butterfield has been separating himself as the third QB. Put me down for Millen going into the portal eventually. Good news overall though, when a true freshman QB is able to separate himself that bodes very well.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Earlier I said Cale Millen was running the third team, and yesterday they reported that Jay Butterfield has been separating himself as the third QB. Put me down for Millen going into the portal eventually. Good news overall though, when a true freshman QB is able to separate himself that bodes very well.
I read somewhere that Butterfield has the best arm talent on the team but now I cant find it and I'm wondering if i just made that up in my own mind.

Anybody care to comment on Butterfield's high school tape in this regard?
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

spacefrog13x wrote:I read somewhere that Butterfield has the best arm talent on the team but now I cant find it and I'm wondering if i just made that up in my own mind.

His arm has never really been a question. The thing that will limit his upside in Moorhead's offense is his lack of athleticism. He also needs to get stronger. Ty Thompson isn't an amazing athlete or anything, but he is more of a running threat than Butterfield, plus he is a lot stronger and better built to handle it, so that will give him a big edge if it comes down to that QB battle in the future.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

gogreen55 wrote:
spacefrog13x wrote:I read somewhere that Butterfield has the best arm talent on the team but now I cant find it and I'm wondering if i just made that up in my own mind.

His arm has never really been a question. The thing that will limit his upside in Moorhead's offense is his lack of athleticism. He also needs to get stronger. Ty Thompson isn't an amazing athlete or anything, but he is more of a running threat than Butterfield, plus he is a lot stronger and better built to handle it, so that will give him a big edge if it comes down to that QB battle in the future.
Oof...a 5.0 40 time is not going to cut it in the Moorhead offense if its anything like the Penn State/Mississippi State offenses.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

First transfer- Daewood Davis.

Since seniors were granted an extra year, there could be a number of those guys who want to find a more ideal situation in their final season.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

StevensTechU wrote:This is a list that is never going to be right (who saw Brenden Schooler transferring?), but I think is something worth monitoring and considering. Here's my stab at the top 10 scholarship players most likely to transfer.

Camden Lewis
Chris Randazzo
Dawson Jaramillo
Robby Ashford (if not a transfer, a position switch)
Cale Millen
Sampson Niu
Jayvaun Wilson
Bryan Addison
Isaah Crocker
Trikweze Bridges

Most are probably wondering why there's no Sam Poutasi. I actually didn't include Sam Poutasi because at this point I just don't see anything being the final straw to lead him to transfer.
After this season I think STU’s predictions are still the likeliest.

Jaramillo might stay. Addison I’m not sure on. Crocker apparently really likes the school and his girlfriend who’s an athlete at UO.

Jaramillo and Addison I would like to stay, and Niu if he ever comes back. Ashford maybe. The rest would be best served by finding a new home.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Jayvaun Wilson is now in the transfer portal.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon essentially needs STU's entire list to transfer so they have enough space for their current 21 signees and the 3-4 extras they hope to sign in February.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

How did I miss MJ Cunningham. I suppose because we just don't have a ton of scholarship linebackers on the roster right now, but definitely a miss on my part.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

I had high hopes for him but they never materialized
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Cunningham showed some flashes. Unfortunate for him that we have recruited arguably the best 3 MLB prospects of the past 2 years
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

We’re at a point where even potential contributors have to leave, never had that luxury before. Cunningham would have probably not seen the field outside of garbage time or special teams, but still.

Cunningham had a lot of potential, still does if he can find a good fit. Great athlete, basically had to learn a new position. Don Johnson coached him in high school, so probably wasn’t easy for Johnson to be part of that convo. But if Cunningham wasn’t seeing the field his redshirt sophomore year and with no LBs leaving and others coming in the writing was on the wall. I always want to see Portland kids succeed, except for the ones who go North.

If anyone remembers MJ’s teammate Daniel Green from Madison HS, the one who Helfrich didn’t recruit supposedly due to grade issues: he passed NCAA clearinghouse and did get in to Kansas State, where he’s actually good. 72 tackles, 9 TFL, 4.5 sacks, 5 PDs so far in his career. In his second to last game this season against Baylor he had 13 tackles, 2.5 TFL and 1.5 sacks.

We’re not allowed to recruit Don Johnson coached players until two years after we hired him, which was February 2020. The top two players in the state just happen to be at Jefferson HS where he was for one year.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Thought it would be good to bump this thread since we appear to be losing a bunch of guys. So far, it's Daewood Davis, Jayvaun Wilson, MJ Cunningham, Cyrus Habibi-Likio and Cale Millen. Unless I missed somebody. Today's installments: J.R. Waters and Isaac Townsend.