WR JR Waters enters transfer portal

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Re: WR JR Waters enters transfer portal

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

In general, when someone transfers it means they weren’t good enough to play at a major power 5 school, and that will continue to be the case no matter where they go. Obviously 5th year guys who were already starters like Warmack are a different case but there’s a reason most never pan out. They’re great for depth and filling holes though. DJ for example this past season.
OrTDuck
Two Star Recruit

Post by OrTDuck »

"Definitely put Kirt Merritt under “other circumstances.” Sexual assault allegations for continually pulling your dong out to show female trainers and being asked to leave qualifies as other..... allegedly"

My recollection was those things took place at his (short stay) at Texas A&M rather than his (short stay) at Oregon?

(Either way of course not making it any better)
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Both
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I like the research TDuck. Interesting to see the whole list collectively.

As Jimmy said, Kirk Merrit belongs under other circumstances. He didn’t leave Oregon for football reasons, he was a legit football player. Same with Seastrunk, it wasn’t just for playing time. Pflugrad as well; Chip told his dad to hit the ol’ dusty trail and didn’t bring him back to the staff, they’d rather he stay. Tra Carson was also getting plenty of PT and in line for big carries in 2012 but other things.

Jalen Brown is an interesting one. We would have loved to keep him, but he made the right choice. Brown grad transferred to Northwestern for their MBA program. Broke his leg in like the second game of the season, never played again although he had at least one more year of eligibility. Got his MBA and is now back in Oregon working with that prestigious diploma. Smart dude.
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

As I recall, Tyner medically retired and could not return to Oregon so he came out of retirement and played for the Beavs.
OrTDuck
Two Star Recruit

Post by OrTDuck »

Tyner is a tough one. My recollection of the story was there was some debate over how to handle his shoulder injury and Tyner lost his interest in playing football?

It always too bad I see his name in the "bust" category in recruiting from some. I suppose I get that but I think its tough as Tyner was great when he played, every bit a 1A to 1B to Freeman. After needing a few games (to learn not to try to hit a home run every carry), Tyner ran as hard as any Duck back I can remember.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Give me guys who are 220lbs and run a 10.3 100m any day. I'll use them at running back, linebacker, safety, and maybe even corner.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

JR Waters transfers to FCS Southern Utah. I figured he’d be a Mountain West level prospect, but with last year not counting for eligibility maybe there was no room for him.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

9. Tacoi Sumler (App St): reportedly ran a 4.24 at a Nike SPARQ camp. 17 catches for 167 and 2 TDs in 2 seasons.

Who was holding the stopwatch? One of his relatives? Highly doubtful time.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine