duck023
Four Star Recruit

Re: Oregon, Ohio State trying to work out series

Post by duck023 »

Duck07 wrote:
duck023 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
bellsduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Sec teams have an 8 game conference schedule; they don't cancel high profile games 6 months out.
They don't schedule any high profile non-conference games. At least not many. And covid has caused unprecedented times at least temporarily.

I'm sort of ok with just backing out.
I don't get the comment about coward level thinking. It's good message board quote though.
It's just business. Basically the other party doesn't want to live up to the intent of the agreement. They're pretty much forcing our hand.
It's not "just business", it's breaking an agreement 6 months before kickoff because Ohio State doesn't want to schedule a road game 12 years from now when the signed agreement doesn't force them to.

Is that the only reason people have for backing out is because the Buckeyes won't play in 2033? I think that falls under cowardice and it'd be a major strike against Cristobal in my mind to find pedantic reasons to avoid the game.
Are you an Ohio State fan? You got your wish that Oregon's starting quarterback is gone!!! Now you want Oregon to play Ohio State without a quarterback and anyone who thinks otherwise is a coward. You once called me a troll but you want Oregon to have no quarterbacks and play the best teams or Oregon is a bunch of cowards in your opinion.
Lol, yes, Oregon agreed not to play the game with a QB, where do you come up with this nonsense?
I'm always willing to learn. I was wrong about the woman's basketball team they were way younger and more talented than I thought they were and Arizona was way better than I thought they were. So me being upset after the Arizona losses was a bit of an overreaction and I might be overreacting about the lack of qb. So tell me which of the quarterbacks do you see leading Oregon to a win in the Horseshoe? If you truly believe Oregon has a great qb for example Ty Thompson that can beat Ohio State in the Horseshoe then I won't argue with you.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Duck07 wrote:
duck023 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
bellsduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Sec teams have an 8 game conference schedule; they don't cancel high profile games 6 months out.
They don't schedule any high profile non-conference games. At least not many. And covid has caused unprecedented times at least temporarily.

I'm sort of ok with just backing out.
I don't get the comment about coward level thinking. It's good message board quote though.
It's just business. Basically the other party doesn't want to live up to the intent of the agreement. They're pretty much forcing our hand.
It's not "just business", it's breaking an agreement 6 months before kickoff because Ohio State doesn't want to schedule a road game 12 years from now when the signed agreement doesn't force them to.

Is that the only reason people have for backing out is because the Buckeyes won't play in 2033? I think that falls under cowardice and it'd be a major strike against Cristobal in my mind to find pedantic reasons to avoid the game.
Are you an Ohio State fan? You got your wish that Oregon's starting quarterback is gone!!! Now you want Oregon to play Ohio State without a quarterback and anyone who thinks otherwise is a coward. You once called me a troll but you want Oregon to have no quarterbacks and play the best teams or Oregon is a bunch of cowards in your opinion.
Lol, yes, Oregon agreed not to play the game with a QB, where do you come up with this nonsense?
I don't want to put too much pressure on Ty Thompson but you might be right if Ohio State is having a hard time replacing Justin Fields and Oregon has a great quarterback then maybe we might want to take our chances at Ohio State in the Horse Shoe next year. However I do agree with the people that think that Oregon's scheduling could be a bit softer. Imagine if Oregon played Citidal instead of Arizona State at Arizona St the year Herbert was a senior.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duck023 wrote:I'm always willing to learn. I was wrong about the woman's basketball team they were way younger and more talented than I thought they were and Arizona was way better than I thought they were. So me being upset after the Arizona losses was a bit of an overreaction and I might be overreacting about the lack of qb. So tell me which of the quarterbacks do you see leading Oregon to a win in the Horseshoe? If you truly believe Oregon has a great qb for example Ty Thompson that can beat Ohio State in the Horseshoe then I won't argue with you.
Anthony Brown in this game gives us a great chance of winning and if Ty Thompson wins the job, I'll feel pretty good about it either way as I like Brown as a place-holder QB for Thompson until he can take the job.

Oregon needs an experienced QB who isn't going to be shook up playing in a game with fans for the first time in 2 years and to me, that's what Anthony Brown can give us. We need a team-win in that game that relies on a strong defense and the offense being able to win the LOS enough to convert drives and scores. We saw enough from Moorhead last year to see that he can scheme but the QB has to be able to be the type that can pass to those "layups." Give Brown a full year in the system with a much better supporting cast than he ever had at BC and I think we can win not only at Ohio State, but go on to win the Pac 12 and make the Playoff.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Duck07 wrote:
duck023 wrote:I'm always willing to learn. I was wrong about the woman's basketball team they were way younger and more talented than I thought they were and Arizona was way better than I thought they were. So me being upset after the Arizona losses was a bit of an overreaction and I might be overreacting about the lack of qb. So tell me which of the quarterbacks do you see leading Oregon to a win in the Horseshoe? If you truly believe Oregon has a great qb for example Ty Thompson that can beat Ohio State in the Horseshoe then I won't argue with you.
Anthony Brown in this game gives us a great chance of winning and if Ty Thompson wins the job, I'll feel pretty good about it either way as I like Brown as a place-holder QB for Thompson until he can take the job.

Oregon needs an experienced QB who isn't going to be shook up playing in a game with fans for the first time in 2 years and to me, that's what Anthony Brown can give us. We need a team-win in that game that relies on a strong defense and the offense being able to win the LOS enough to convert drives and scores. We saw enough from Moorhead last year to see that he can scheme but the QB has to be able to be the type that can pass to those "layups." Give Brown a full year in the system with a much better supporting cast than he ever had at BC and I think we can win not only at Ohio State, but go on to win the Pac 12 and make the Playoff.
I like everything you said especially the point you made about Moorhead. The Ducks will still be an underdog but the pressure might be on Ohio State. I do underestimate Anthony Brown a little bit but at the same time I was glad he didn't transfer somewhere.