Oregon, Ohio State trying to work out series

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Oregon, Ohio State trying to work out series

Post by buckmarkduck »

Just be ready to play, and win. That’s the ultimate way at getting even.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

DrBradBuss wrote:Just pull out.
Let em sue
Care to explain the logic behind that move? Doing this only hurts the image of Oregon more than it would Ohio State so there isn't some kind of retribution being meted out. Further, if we have a great year, we'll get killed for backing out of the game and lose ranking status.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

As long as we don’t have a total melt down, we have far less to lose than tOSU. Early season game at their house pits way more pressure on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
DrBradBuss
Junior
GM: Detroit Pistons GM

Post by DrBradBuss »

Duck07 wrote:
Let em sue
Care to explain the logic behind that move? Doing this only hurts the image of Oregon more than it would Ohio State so there isn't some kind of retribution being meted out. Further, if we have a great year, we'll get killed for backing out of the game and lose ranking status.
If we go 11-0 or 12-0 then it will have no factor. That's what it would take for a Pac team now anyway. The image thing might not make an Oregon OSU series possible in the near future but it won't affect anyone else. If they don't want to play fair and honor the intent of the agreement that was originally in place then screw em.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

DrBradBuss wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Let em sue
If we go 11-0 or 12-0 then it will have no factor. That's what it would take for a Pac team now anyway. The image thing might not make an Oregon OSU series possible in the near future but it won't affect anyone else. If they don't want to play fair and honor the intent of the agreement that was originally in place then screw em.
This is coward level logic to try and back into the CFP.

As far as "honor" goes, we'd be the ones casting our honor aside to remove this game.

That kind of loser attitude is worse than any loss and one of the last things I'd want to see from Mario as a HC. I want a team that's ready to play any time, any place.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Duck07 wrote:
DrBradBuss wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Let em sue
This is coward level logic to try and back into the CFP.

As far as "honor" goes, we'd be the ones casting our honor aside to remove this game.

That kind of loser attitude is worse than any loss and one of the last things I'd want to see from Mario as a HC. I want a team that's ready to play any time, any place.
SEC teams do it all the time and they've fared out alright. Still the darlings of college football. Its playing smarter, not harder.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Sec teams have an 8 game conference schedule; they don't cancel high profile games 6 months out.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Duck07 wrote:Sec teams have an 8 game conference schedule; they don't cancel high profile games 6 months out.
They don't schedule any high profile non-conference games. At least not many. And covid has caused unprecedented times at least temporarily.

I'm sort of ok with just backing out.
I don't get the comment about coward level thinking. It's good message board quote though.
It's just business. Basically the other party doesn't want to live up to the intent of the agreement. They're pretty much forcing our hand.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

bellsduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Sec teams have an 8 game conference schedule; they don't cancel high profile games 6 months out.
They don't schedule any high profile non-conference games. At least not many. And covid has caused unprecedented times at least temporarily.

I don't get the comment about coward level thinking. It's good message board quote though.
It's just business. Basically the other party doesn't want to live up to the intent of the agreement. They're pretty much forcing our hand.
It's not "just business", it's breaking an agreement 6 months before kickoff because Ohio State doesn't want to schedule a road game 12 years from now when the signed agreement doesn't force them to.

Is that the only reason people have for backing out is because the Buckeyes won't play in 2033? I think that falls under cowardice and it'd be a major strike against Cristobal in my mind to find pedantic reasons to avoid the game.
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

My son says they just need to delay the game till January 1st.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Any chance we're favored in this game? tOSU breaking in a new QB while Oregon will likely start a guy with 3+ seasons of starting experience.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

StevensTechU wrote:Any chance we're favored in this game? tOSU breaking in a new QB while Oregon will likely start a guy with 3+ seasons of starting experience.
No....not at Columbus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

StevensTechU wrote:Any chance we're favored in this game? tOSU breaking in a new QB while Oregon will likely start a guy with 3+ seasons of starting experience.
Probably not unless the Buckeyes crap the bed the week prior but taking Oregon to cover the opening spread is probably a solid bet. I think the final line will be fairly close.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Duck07 wrote:
bellsduck wrote:

It's not "just business", it's breaking an agreement 6 months before kickoff because Ohio State doesn't want to schedule a road game 12 years from now when the signed agreement doesn't force them to.

Is that the only reason people have for backing out is because the Buckeyes won't play in 2033? I think that falls under cowardice and it'd be a major strike against Cristobal in my mind to find pedantic reasons to avoid the game.
Are you an Ohio State fan? You got your wish that Oregon's starting quarterback is gone!!! Now you want Oregon to play Ohio State without a quarterback and anyone who thinks otherwise is a coward. You once called me a troll but you want Oregon to have no quarterbacks and play the best teams or Oregon is a bunch of cowards in your opinion.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duck023 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
bellsduck wrote:

Are you an Ohio State fan? You got your wish that Oregon's starting quarterback is gone!!! Now you want Oregon to play Ohio State without a quarterback and anyone who thinks otherwise is a coward. You once called me a troll but you want Oregon to have no quarterbacks and play the best teams or Oregon is a bunch of cowards in your opinion.
Lol, yes, Oregon agreed not to play the game with a QB, where do you come up with this nonsense?