2021 Schedule Released

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

2021 Schedule Released

Post by Duck07 »

I know it says "away" currently against Ohio State so I'm hoping that means we go to Colombus for this game and not a neutral site.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: 2021 Schedule Released

Post by karlhungis »

At least Ohio State is replacing their QB. Based off of how we played last year, I don't have a lot of optimism for that game.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

Yikes that bye week is really early in the season.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Ohio State is one thing, but Stony Brook. Yikes.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Pac-12 is gonna have a bad year. With Oregon's schedule, even with an OK QB we could win 9 games.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Pac-12 is gonna have a bad year. With Oregon's schedule, even with an OK QB we could win 9 games.
Care to elaborate? Besides Stony Brook, what games are unwinnable?
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:Ohio State is one thing, but Stony Brook. Yikes.
Don't panic, It's at home so we have a chance.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

StevensTechU wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Pac-12 is gonna have a bad year. With Oregon's schedule, even with an OK QB we could win 9 games.
Oh, I believe they are all winnable. With average QB play, I just see us losing about 3 games that we would normally win if we had a Justin Herbert type QB. We lost to Oregon State and Cal last year, so I could see losing games like that this year. Especially a few we have on the road.

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
Oh, I believe they are all winnable. With average QB play, I just see us losing about 3 games that we would normally win if we had a Justin Herbert type QB. We lost to Oregon State and Cal last year, so I could see losing games like that this year. Especially a few we have on the road.
We should have better QB play and our team should be a lot more experienced. I hope our chances are better against the marginal teams this year.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Yeah, the pac 12 is murders row.. At least 4 teams in the others receiving votes category on the polls. UO will be lucky to get 9 wins.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

karlhungis wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
We should have better QB play and our team should be a lot more experienced. I hope our chances are better against the marginal teams this year.
I guess I’m not sold on QB play.

RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
I guess I’m not sold on QB play.
Ty Thompson wins the starting role (maybe not initially), and tears it up in his first year. Shades of Herbert.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Honestly Anthony Brown gives me hope we can beat OSU on the road. The hype of the game isn't going to get to him and we could have a pretty darn good Front 7 against a team needing to break a lot of new starters in on offense. If TT wins the job and looks the part against Fresno State I'll be feeling good about that too.

Right now I don't want to feel pessimistic about next seasons chances.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:Honestly Anthony Brown gives me hope we can beat OSU on the road. The hype of the game isn't going to get to him and we could have a pretty darn good Front 7 against a team needing to break a lot of new starters in on offense. If TT wins the job and looks the part against Fresno State I'll be feeling good about that too.

Right now I don't want to feel pessimistic about next seasons chances.
We didn’t lose to OSU due to QB play. We lost because our D decided to not tackle that game. It looked like Hoke was DC again for half the game.

As for Cal, Tyler just didn’t have the arm to scare anyone deep, load the box and force him to beat them, and he couldn’t. Also the OL had issues, which UCLA exposed.

I believe Brown, TT and the forgotten wildcard of Butterfield will all be better than TS. And the OL imho, will be much improved. The 4th quarter program will be huge for these guys.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I think we'll be fine this year because I expect the LB to be much improved, with Sewell returning and with Flowe coming back, I could see them having really good years. Outside of transfers, there hasn't been any LB departures right? ISM is returning for the 2021 season? The positions that seems scary on defense from my perspective is the S and DL positions. I expect the LB's and CB's to be fine, but who knows, we may have emerging starts in the defense and another year of veterans not getting close to meeting expectations.

As for the offense, I expect them to be far more consistent than last year, especially with good and consistent QB play. Obviously a star QB is better, but the offense doesn't need a star QB to have success, just one that can keep the defense honest which I expect Brown or whoever starts will be able to do. Only position I'm worried about on offense is once again RB, it feels like every season since Freeman graduated the RB's are just kinda there, they're good, and will occasionally have a breakout game (mostly due to superior O-line play), but they're never a position group that you can rely on like we were so accustomed to under Campbell.