General Error Message (Is Anyone Else Getting These?)

Here you can find announcements or post suggestions / questions regarding Chat 4 Quacks

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

General Error Message (Is Anyone Else Getting These?)

Post by SuperDuck »

These have been coming up quite a bit the past few weeks.

Anyone else?

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User 'chat4quacks' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 30) [1226]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
John 3:36
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: General Error Message (Is Anyone Else Getting These?)

Post by buckmarkduck »

Yep, all the time. And the last month I get a full screen ad everytime I come to the site.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:Yep, all the time. And the last month I get a full screen ad everytime I come to the site.
It appears that the fullscreen ads are their attempt to monetize the website. I don't blame them for that, though I wish there was at least some kind of relevance in the ads that was football, or at least sports related. All kinds of junk coming up.

Hey guys, check out places like Ezoic, Mediavine, etc and see if you can at least get some relevant ads. If the site gets enough traffic you make more money per click, too.

The other thing is a hosting issue. They need to contact their hosting support and copy and paste that error message I posted so they'll know exactly what's going on and get it fixed.
John 3:36
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

buckmarkduck wrote:Yep, all the time. And the last month I get a full screen ad everytime I come to the site.
Same. It's honestly getting pretty obnoxious with the ads. They tend to be related to my recent shopping searches
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Same to all the above. Annoying as hell.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

I have to refresh to clear it
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Weston
Three Star Recruit

Post by Weston »

Might want to give AdBlock Plus a try. I've used it for years and am pretty happy with it, though occasionally it'll block content that's not an ad.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Get it in both the mobile app and on my computer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I believe this topic is about two separate issues. I get the pop ups like some others do, they are simple to get past. For me the real issue is the error message, it may take several attempts to get past it. It is an error not a pop up ad.
webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Post by webfoots2001 »

I’m getting the error message while using the Tapatalk app.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:I believe this topic is about two separate issues. I get the pop ups like some others do, they are simple to get past. For me the real issue is the error message, it may take several attempts to get past it. It is an error not a pop up ad.
No, I posted in the thread I created about it that the site recognizes those ads as users, or at least that's what I recall about a similar problem in the past.

They're Google Service Ads so they're based on your browsing not the interest of the board. Jason Whitlock found that out last week lol
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:I believe this topic is about two separate issues. I get the pop ups like some others do, they are simple to get past. For me the real issue is the error message, it may take several attempts to get past it. It is an error not a pop up ad.
No, I posted in the thread I created about it that the site recognizes those ads as users, or at least that's what I recall about a similar problem in the past.

They're Google Service Ads so they're based on your browsing not the interest of the board. Jason Whitlock found that out last week lol
Thanks for the clarification, I thought the error message popping up at 30 users seem odd being 30 but if it counting all the pop up ads as people…… basically each user online doubles. If I understand it correctly? I hope it can be fixed and thanks for getting this problem being correct started.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

SuperDuck wrote:
It appears that the fullscreen ads are their attempt to monetize the website. I don't blame them for that, though I wish there was at least some kind of relevance in the ads that was football, or at least sports related. All kinds of junk coming up.

Hey guys, check out places like Ezoic, Mediavine, etc and see if you can at least get some relevant ads. If the site gets enough traffic you make more money per click, too.

The other thing is a hosting issue. They need to contact their hosting support and copy and paste that error message I posted so they'll know exactly what's going on and get it fixed.
Could try putting up a Patreon as well.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I'm on vacation right now, but I'll look next week.

I spent a couple hours looking to the database error, but there's nothing wrong with our sql and our user login #s are good. So must be a server issue, so I'll reach out to godaddy this week.

Regarding the ads, I haven't changed ads in years. So google adsense probably changed something on their end, but this might need to wait until I'm back from vacation.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I'm on vacation right now, but I'll look next week.

I spent a couple hours looking to the database error, but there's nothing wrong with our sql and our user login #s are good. So must be a server issue, so I'll reach out to godaddy this week.

Regarding the ads, I haven't changed ads in years. So google adsense probably changed something on their end, but this might need to wait until I'm back from vacation.

Thanks for everything TK1 for everything great site with civil discussions!