2021 Spring Practices (April 1-May 1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: 2021 Spring Practices (April 1-May 1)

Post by pezsez1 »

You mean 2022 predicted #1 draft pick Tyler Shough?
:lol:

I saw that. I want some of whatever those analysts are smoking.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Re: 2021 Spring Practices (April 1-May 1)

Post by GoDucksTroll »

After three games Tyler Shough had per game stats that were pretty close to Kyler Murray’s per game averages from his Heisman season.

This was fool’s gold of course, and a lot of us spotted the issues right away: questionable arm strength, bad decisions that he lucked out on when the INT was dropped, yards after catch as a result of misdirection, etc. Joe Moorhead and a weak slate of opponent defenses were getting those numbers up.

Meanwhile, NFL draft geeks were like “omg this guy is amazing, 300 passing and 80 rushing? He’s better than Herbert and that guy is great, and he’s doing it without Sewell!”

As Shough’s luck ran out with Oregon State making INT grabs and a rough Cal defense people looked closer and saw the initial expectations were fools gold. Most draft people have backed off, Walter Football and their mocks are just lazy. They used to have CJ Verdell as a first rounder too. I think most sane people understand that the top QB in the draft didn’t just transfer to a crappy Texas Tech team.