2021 Spring Practices (April 1-May 1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Re: 2021 Spring Practices (April 1-May 1)

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I got my tickets to the spring game.

Hoping they play at least a half of football, with a roster this big and not too many injuries they should be able to field two teams. I haven’t been to Eugene since last March, so that will be fun. I’m curious to see how that giant screen and new sound system change the feel. For lunch gonna hit up Newman’s Grotto for salmon fish and chips and Tracktown for dinner. My girlfriend is bummed that Turtles went out of business, that was her favorite restaurant in college.

Good to hear that Trikweze Bridges is getting some action, he always seemed like a boom/bust project likelier to be the latter - and we need CBs badly. Wright is a stud and I have confidence in DJ James, but after that it’s a crapshoot. I couldn’t read the tea leaves on Manning, it sounds like they’re saying he’s talented but not quite getting it. Jaylin Davies sounds like he’s doing well. Hopefully they’re ready for Ohio State and what is possibly the most talented WR group in the country.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Lane County is going back to extreme risk this Friday, I wonder if they'll cancel the Spring Game or change it to no fans allowed.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Anatinae
One Star Recruit

Post by Anatinae »

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

2 linked cases ever with contact tracing to outdoor exposure. Virologists say there is “statistical 0 chance” of contracting covid outside.

I respect that Oregon takes things seriously....but this is nonsensical and doesn’t follow the science at all. Especially when the vaccine is now readily available to any/all.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Full disclosure, I think most people would call me left leaning, and even I think the Governor is being absolutely ridiculous.

I'm 100% for follow science, wear a mask, get your vaccine asap, but when the CDC is saying it's safe and doctors are saying it's safe and the Governor is STILL shutting it down, and it's freaking OUTSIDE!?

Absolutely garbage, Governor Brown!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

This is an absolute joke at this point as this doesn't even follow the CDC's own recommendations for outside activities.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Well, that’s a downer. Way to jinx it, GoDucksTroll.

For full disclosure I’m also very left leaning, that might be an understatement. Not that political affiliation should have anything to do with this, but since it does I felt obligated to mention that. I can’t make heads or tails of these restrictions. Outdoors, socially distanced, with masks on - still a no go?

Are flights to PDX still permitted? Because I just flew back and forth between LA several times this month on packed airplanes and stood in close TSA lines, and everything was fine with that? Makes no sense to me. I’ve been extra careful, I only made those trips because they were necessary and only did so because I’ve been vaccinated and received company mandated PCR tests the day before each flight.

The indoor dining I can understand at least, you don’t eat with a mask on. Having 8k people in the same place is also not ideal, but outdoors and in a venue meant to hold 56k? Temperature checks at the gates would be an easy thing to do.

Ugh. Frustrating.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Phalanx wrote:I love hearing about Bridges and Crocker jumping up into the mix, especially after all the whining I did about missing out on Puka because guys like Crocker were on the roster. Hope he keeps proving the doubters wrong and the development translates into productivity in games. Bridges also has been dogged here and elsewhere, and listening to Coach Chance talking about using him for fade routes and against bigger receivers sounds like he actually will have a significant role on the team this year. Great news from a unit that looked pretty thin and short on experience coming in.
The position thats eating up roster spots is TE. We also have one committed in the next cycle. We don't even play that many 2 TE sets [and we won't considering the talent at WR].
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

ducks5ever wrote:
Phalanx wrote:I love hearing about Bridges and Crocker jumping up into the mix, especially after all the whining I did about missing out on Puka because guys like Crocker were on the roster. Hope he keeps proving the doubters wrong and the development translates into productivity in games. Bridges also has been dogged here and elsewhere, and listening to Coach Chance talking about using him for fade routes and against bigger receivers sounds like he actually will have a significant role on the team this year. Great news from a unit that looked pretty thin and short on experience coming in.
The position thats eating up roster spots is TE. We also have one committed in the next cycle. We don't even play that many 2 TE sets [and we won't considering the talent at WR].
They didn't do as many 2 TE sets last year just because of how few players they had at the position last season and how little of the playbook they were able to put in.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Weird by the Gov. to roll back sparse "crowds" in outdoor activities. This doesn't help anything. We should have learned during the George Floyd protests that large numbers of masked people can be outdoors and not spread the virus. Granted, some variants are more contagious, but it should be easy enough to have 1/4 capacity and spread people out.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

pezsez1 wrote:Weird by the Gov. to roll back sparse "crowds" in outdoor activities. This doesn't help anything. We should have learned during the George Floyd protests that large numbers of masked people can be outdoors and not spread the virus. Granted, some variants are more contagious, but it should be easy enough to have 1/4 capacity and spread people out.
It's like they think Autzen is some rinky-dink stadium where people are going to be packed in like tuna. I'm sure 5-8K people can spread out enough in a 54K+ stadium and remain safe.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pezsez1 wrote:Weird by the Gov. to roll back sparse "crowds" in outdoor activities. This doesn't help anything. We should have learned during the George Floyd protests that large numbers of masked people can be outdoors and not spread the virus. Granted, some variants are more contagious, but it should be easy enough to have 1/4 capacity and spread people out.
What have you done to pezsec? ;)

But I agree. Oh well, watching on TV is nice still.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

What have you done to pezsec? ;)
I've believed from early on that sports leagues are uniquely positioned to show how responsibility and entertainment can coexist. And, for the most part, they have. For our leadership to ignore the resounding success (and safety) of sports actually infuriates me. We should be celebrating and embracing success (and learning from it) at every opportunity, not obfuscating progress with ham-handed restrictions.

I'm really looking forward to crowds at Autzen this fall. Even if I'm not at any games, I'm just excited to watch crowds on TV. Sad that it isn't happening for the spring game.
Willie Taggart is a dick.