Tyler Shough is transferring

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Tyler Shough is transferring

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I'm guessing Mario told him he likely won't start next season. Despite how bad he looked, I know he has skill and potential, he'll be a solid college QB if he puts things together in his brain. Best of luck to him, I hope he finds success, unless he goes to Washington, Oregon State, or USC.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Tyler Shough - transferring

Post by lukeyrid13 »

He will be a grad transfer too. A lower level school will probably love to have him.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Tyler Shough - transferring

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Beat you to it...by seconds!
bdkipe
Two Star Recruit

Shough enters portal

Post by bdkipe »

Looks like 95% of Duck fans got their wish. I don’t know how I feel about all the vitriol directed at kids of 18-22 & to be fair Tyler followed 3 years of St. Marcus, 1 of Big Play & 4 of the reigning NFL ROY. That’s following 8 years of pure excellence & his stats weren’t that bad considering a new OC and 0 ramp up due to a pandemic. I bet he lands at UNLV.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Tyler Shough is transferring

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Honestly, I think this is best for him and for us. It's a bummer to see him go, but unless he improves immensely this offseason, he isn't the right guy to get us 10 wins a season.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Honestly, I think this is best for him and for us. It's a bummer to see him go, but unless he improves immensely this offseason, he isn't the right guy to get us 10 wins a season.
100% agree. He will do very well at a UNLV or Colorado ST etc
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It certainly opens up the track for Thompson to start sooner rather than later.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I'm a little on the fence about this. Less depth in the QB room for Oregon, but was Shough going to be the guy in the future, I have no idea.

I'm disappointed in Shough a bit, honestly. If he genuinely thinks he's the guy and has 3 years to prove it, why would you go. Is he butthurt that the staff, which put all of its stock in him and didn't appear to give Brown a fair shot all year, is now going to let Brown has his chance? Or does he just think he's never going to win the job? He may not, but I have no idea.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Re: Shough enters portal

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

bdkipe wrote:Looks like 95% of Duck fans got their wish. I don’t know how I feel about all the vitriol directed at kids of 18-22 & to be fair Tyler followed 3 years of St. Marcus, 1 of Big Play & 4 of the reigning NFL ROY. That’s following 8 years of pure excellence & his stats weren’t that bad considering a new OC and 0 ramp up due to a pandemic. I bet he lands at UNLV.
I think Tyler knew what he was getting into when he came here. If he wanted a school with lower expectations at QB, there were plenty of options available during his recruitment. I'm sure he came here because he thought he was going to be the next "dude", and Oregon was a great place for him to learn and showcase his talent. He has the physical tools, so the reality that he is transferring out reinforces the opinion that his problems were mostly mental. If he feels that he can't compete with a guy that hasn't started a single game here and an incoming frosh then his confidence is probably shot. As StevensTech pointed out he was given every opportunity by the coaches, so he can't honestly point to that as a reason to leave.
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

I always find it interesting when they mention some coaches by name, but no mention of MC.
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

StevensTechU wrote:I'm a little on the fence about this. Less depth in the QB room for Oregon, but was Shough going to be the guy in the future, I have no idea.

I'm disappointed in Shough a bit, honestly. If he genuinely thinks he's the guy and has 3 years to prove it, why would you go. Is he butthurt that the staff, which put all of its stock in him and didn't appear to give Brown a fair shot all year, is now going to let Brown has his chance? Or does he just think he's never going to win the job? He may not, but I have no idea.
He’s been in the program long enough to know how he stacks up. Brown didn’t get a fair shake last season due to a non existent off season training program. It was the worst year to transfer and learn a new system.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Autzenoise wrote:I always find it interesting when they mention some coaches by name, but no mention of MC.
He only mentioned Feld. Did not mention Moorehead either so not sure any.conclusion can be drawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

He seems like a really great kid, and I hope he makes good somewhere. He has like three years of eligibility left if he wants to use them, so it makes sense to leave now with the writing on the wall. He wasn't improving at Oregon, he was holding the offense back, so maybe moving on will help both parties. Meanwhile, Brown, Butterfield, and Thompson can duke it out for the starting gig.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Phalanx wrote:He seems like a really great kid, and I hope he makes good somewhere. He has like three years of eligibility left if he wants to use them, so it makes sense to leave now with the writing on the wall. He wasn't improving at Oregon, he was holding the offense back, so maybe moving on will help both parties. Meanwhile, Brown, Butterfield, and Thompson can duke it out for the starting gig.
I doubt Thompson comes in and wins the job, but I hope that Thompson is good enough that they are not afraid to let Brown run.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Not sure you can say how much he was holding up the offense when he had no spring practices and a limited fall camp to get acclimated to the offense. Plus, it's not like Brown showed much in the Fiesta Bowl in the 2nd half. It was probably the worst year to be changing offenses since everything was having to be done virtually and it sounds like only 50-75% of the offense actually got installed. Throw in a whole new OL with a rotating cast of RBs/WRs/TEs due to injuries/COVID and it was a recipe for struggles.