Andrew Faoliu transferring

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Andrew Faoliu transferring

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon is slowly getting closer to having 85 scholarship players on the roster as LB Andrew Faoliu has announced he's transferring. He was going to be buried in the LB rotation a bit so it makes sense why he's leaving. It does open up another scholarship for the 2022 recruiting class.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Re: Andrew Faoliu transferring

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Faoliu was serviceable. At the least Faoliu outplayed his recruiting ranking and he could have been a rotation guy. But with all the LBs and edge guys he probably wouldn’t have had a big role and it was going to be his fourth year in the program. He can definitely play, and I’d rather keep those guys for depth but I can’t blame him for wanting to transfer.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I don't love this. Only silver lining is that he was an edge guy, where we at least have Funa, Jackson, and are expected to have the Thibs play some this year instead of with his hand in the dirt. If the ILB room somehow gets any younger, that's trouble.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Very strange timing. I have to think he saw others coming that we have not mentioned yet.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

jimmy12 wrote:Very strange timing. I have to think he saw others coming that we have not mentioned yet.
Or, a couple practices into spring he saw he was getting passed on the depth chart. (this is 100% speculation)
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

It could be as simple as his brother is done, Andrew is close to finishing his degree and wants to go somewhere where he will get more playing time or be closer to home.

Maybe he wants to be a first string guy at Boise State with Avalos. Maybe he wants to get a grad degree from UCLA. He could be looking at a new defense and seeing guys like Adrian Jackson or Treven Ma’ae eating into the PT he got last season.

It sucks to lose depth. On the other hand it could be a benefit as someone better gets more reps.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

In the interviews today, KT said he was playing almost exclusively OLB. With Funa and Jackson fighting for the other spot, that leaves Faoliu little chance to start.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:In the interviews today, KT said he was playing almost exclusively OLB. With Funa and Jackson fighting for the other spot, that leaves Faoliu little chance to start.

This most likely of the speculation above (IMO)
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

He's headed to Boise State.