Sewell to Lions at #7 overall

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Sewell to Lions at #7 overall

Post by greenyellow »

Penei Sewell is now the highest ever drafted Oregon OL by going #7 overall to Detroit. He now gets to play with Tyrell Crosby.
Phalanx
Senior

Re: Sewell to Lions at #7 overall

Post by Phalanx »

Let that be a lesson to future players: You sit out the season, you have to play for the Lions.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phalanx wrote:Let that be a lesson to future players: You sit out the season, you have to play for the Lions.

It wasn’t that cut and dry with Sewell. The stupid Pac 12 told them to go home, but had not plan for the athletes. They told them they might play in the spring, and that was when he signed with an agent. No one wants to play in the spring, have basically no time off and then go to the NFL. Blame Larry Scott for Sewell not playing this year, because he would have if they told them they had a plan to start in October or November.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Let that be a lesson to future players: You sit out the season, you have to play for the Lions.

It wasn’t that cut and dry with Sewell. The stupid Pac 12 told them to go home, but had not plan for the athletes. They told them they might play in the spring, and that was when he signed with an agent. No one wants to play in the spring, have basically no time off and then go to the NFL. Blame Larry Scott for Sewell not playing this year, because he would have if they told them they had a plan to start in October or November.
This, I'm glad last year was Larry Scott's last cause the way he handled Covid was beyond pathetic. The Pac-12 was the laughing stock of the college football world last year and he's mostly why.

Congrats to Sewell! It'll be cool to see him and Crosby together.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Lol! I got a shiver when the lions picked him! I must be still a little tender from the Joey days........ I would like to know what Joey’s reaction was when the lions picked him, lol.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

buckmarkduck wrote:

If anyone hasn't already, definitely listen to Brady Breeze's podcast that he did with Jhop. Brady gives a peek behind the curtain of the constant wave of change that happened during the spring and summer for the players AND what the coaches and teammates were saying as well.

Brady said that MC and Keith Heyward in August (when they canceled the season) were pretty distraught and basically said no one can be here so our hands our tied. Then when they called all the players after the PAC12 reversed course, the players had like 2 days to get back on campus and just a few weeks to prep for the 6 game schedule.

Brady asked all of his teammates and they told him that the whole season was a joke and since he was already training for the draft to just continue doing that. I'm certain that it was the same for all of the other holdouts. I was pretty upset that all of those guys didn't come back....but after hearing how they started, then stopped 3 different times and travel associated and quarantining from their families etc. I don't really blame any of them for that weird, rather worthless season that we put together at the last minute.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Grats to one of the greatest to ever wear Oregon gear!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Was reading some stuff from bengal fans and they said you can get Sewell talent in 3rd 4th and 5 th rounds. And Peneis lack of work ethic cost him. Hahahahahaha
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Grats to one of the greatest to ever wear Oregon gear!
DEFINITELY agree with your assessment! Glad to see that he'll be protecting Goff's blind side. Penei WILL be a leader on the field and in the locker room....wishing him & Crosby the best!

Sco DUCKS!!!!!