#11 Oregon @ #4 Ohio State (Sept. 11 Sat 9 AM FOX)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Oregon @ Ohio State Noon EST kick off (Fox)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GrantDuck wrote:Here's Ohio State's condensed Spring game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v04WW9xjKYg

Olave and their WR group are ..well...I'm worried for our young secondary if they get competent QB play.
Scary good WR group, but luckily for us they'll have a young, inexperienced, and unproven QB throwing to them. If KT, Sewell, Flowe, and others are able to get in the backfield constantly and put pressure on the QB, then maybe their WR's will be irrelevant. How is OSU's pass blocking? Also, we have a really good CB in Wright so that can help, and who knows, maybe Hill and Manning surprise us and turn out to be really good.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

StevensTechU wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:Here's Ohio State's condensed Spring game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v04WW9xjKYg

Olave and their WR group are ..well...I'm worried for our young secondary if they get competent QB play.
I think about how Clemson's receivers have been absurd in recent years. How has Alabama beat them? Score more points.
Out coach them.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I saw that Oregon's athletic director actually wants Oregon to "teach Ohio State a lesson", which is between unlikely and likely.

I hope Oregon's returning players improve and that Mario Cristobal selects the ACTUAL best QB for us, Ohio State lost various players and I think this is our best chance to get revenge at them.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

We should compare our line with Ohio State's to see if we even get a chance of revenge at them
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

DuckzRule wrote:I saw that Oregon's athletic director actually wants Oregon to "teach Ohio State a lesson", which is between unlikely and likely.

I hope Oregon's returning players improve and that Mario Cristobal selects the ACTUAL best QB for us, Ohio State lost various players and I think this is our best chance to get revenge at them.
Where did Rob say something as stupid as that?
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Duck07 wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:I saw that Oregon's athletic director actually wants Oregon to "teach Ohio State a lesson", which is between unlikely and likely.

https://buckeyeswire.usatoday.com/2021/ ... -buckeyes/

This is weird imo
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

DuckzRule wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

https://buckeyeswire.usatoday.com/2021/ ... -buckeyes/

This is weird imo
Not weird at all, an overblown statement that was misquoted.
“This league has won more national championships when you combine all sports, than anybody,” Mullens said. “But at the end of the day, because of the visibility of football, that carries a disproportionate share of all of these college conferences. We have to take advantage of our opportunities. A lot of those come in the postseason, but we’re going to have some great opportunities in the nonconference segment this fall. We’ll have one, even though its Game 2 and we’re focused on Game 1, Ryan … but the chance to take a trip to Ohio State, we would’ve loved to have them last year, but the chance to go out and compete against what many believe will be a top three, top five team on the road, will give us a chance to show what Pac-12 football is like.”
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

"By the way, Rob, Oregon is an imposing 0-9 against Ohio State. We’ve already seen what Pac-12 football is like."

Wow, I think I just got a new least-favorite team.

By the way, Ohio State is 10-13-1 vs USC, 2-3 vs. Stanford, 4-4-1 vs. UCLA all time. So the traditional powers of the Pac have done all right. Still wonder what Oregon would have done with their two starting wideouts and All-American corner in the championship game.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Phalanx wrote:"By the way, Rob, Oregon is an imposing 0-9 against Ohio State. We’ve already seen what Pac-12 football is like."

By the way, Ohio State is 10-13-1 vs USC, 2-3 vs. Stanford, 4-4-1 vs. UCLA all time. So the traditional powers of the Pac have done all right. Still wonder what Oregon would have done with their two starting wideouts and All-American corner in the championship game.
I still remember the last time USC played Ohio State, it was completely one sided ngl.

Ohio State sure must love playing in Arlington, they beat Oregon, USC and TCU there.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phalanx wrote:"By the way, Rob, Oregon is an imposing 0-9 against Ohio State. We’ve already seen what Pac-12 football is like."

You might be the only person calling Stanford a traditional power.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

buckmarkduck wrote:

You might be the only person calling Stanford a traditional power.
In Pac 12 football, you take what you can get. The Cardinal is 49-34-1 all time vs. Oregon. They've been in 14 Rose Bowls, winning 7. They also have two claimed national titles. So yeah, I think they can be classified as an upper-division Pac 12 program. The Fuskies are 3-9 vs. Ohio State, so I didn't include them.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Which will be the kickoff time in Florida? I will be in that state the exact same day both teams play, and I want to watch the game as early as possible.

(I live in Costa Rica)
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Looks like our chances of winning got even worse after JTT commited to tOSU.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

DuckzRule wrote:Looks like our chances of winning got even worse after JTT commited to tOSU.
Its very unlikely he has an impact on our game against the buckeyes in sept.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

DuckzRule wrote:Looks like our chances of winning got even worse after JTT commited to tOSU.
Given that JTT missed spring camp I wouldn’t expect much of an impact his FR year, let alone the second game of his career. I’m sure he’ll end up being a great one though.