#11 Oregon @ #4 Ohio State (Sept. 11 Sat 9 AM FOX)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon @ Ohio State Noon EST kick off (Fox)

Post by StevensTechU »

If JTT is playing in this game, that's a win for the Oregon OL for the youthfulness and lack of prep time.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I hope that this game ends up similar to the 2007 game against Michigan, we destroyed them in their home stadium and we have a chance of upsetting Ohio State in their stadium too!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

DuckzRule wrote:I hope that this game ends up similar to the 2007 game against Michigan, we destroyed them in their home stadium and we have a chance of upsetting Ohio State in their stadium too!
I hope our offensive staff pulls out the whole bag of tricks and puts it on them. I can't imagine them holding back, and I don't think tOSU is going to have a great amount of film to prep for the game with so it could definitely happen.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

It feels like this is going to be the biggest non-conference game in recent Pac-12 history. And since Oregon, Stanford, Colorado and USC all have really tough non-conference schedules this year. It would be great if the league could shut some of the annual "Pathetic 12" editorials down before they are written by national pundits.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:I hope that this game ends up similar to the 2007 game against Michigan, we destroyed them in their home stadium and we have a chance of upsetting Ohio State in their stadium too!
I hope our offensive staff pulls out the whole bag of tricks and puts it on them. I can't imagine them holding back, and I don't think tOSU is going to have a great amount of film to prep for the game with so it could definitely happen.
Was Ryan Day on the Ohio State staff when Joe Moorehead was the OC at Penn State?

Regardless, I think there'll be plenty of film for them to watch of him running his offense. Honestly, I'm pretty confident in our team. The things that concern me are the youth on both sides of the ball, as well as QB play.

Brown can be a star or a liability, if he starts turning the ball over. Brown can throw, but will he throw picks? Brown is also a great runner, but can he hold onto the ball?

Fortunately, he had a horrible O-Line at BC, which was one of the reasons Oregon was interested in him. He has the ability to scramble and extend plays. I hope that works in our favor.
John 3:36
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

SuperDuck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
Was Ryan Day on the Ohio State staff when Joe Moorehead was the OC at Penn State?

Regardless, I think there'll be plenty of film for them to watch of him running his offense. Honestly, I'm pretty confident in our team. The things that concern me are the youth on both sides of the ball, as well as QB play.

Brown can be a star or a liability, if he starts turning the ball over. Brown can throw, but will he throw picks? Brown is also a great runner, but can he hold onto the ball?

Fortunately, he had a horrible O-Line at BC, which was one of the reasons Oregon was interested in him. He has the ability to scramble and extend plays. I hope that works in our favor.
Of the offensive philosophy? Sure. But Moorhead supposedly didn't install the entire offense last year, and has had another full off-season for further play design, so I'm sure that there will be a lot of things that nobody has seen outside of Autzen.
Last edited by StevensTechU on Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

ESPN released the odds of us winning, and they gave us only 15.4% chances of beating the Buckeyes, which is extremely idiotic in my opinion, I believe it will actually be a close game and we may even win.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

DuckzRule wrote:ESPN released the odds of us winning, and they gave us only 15.4% chances of beating the Buckeyes, which is extremely idiotic in my opinion, I believe it will actually be a close game and we may even win.
Ha, I'd give us like 5%. I'll take the 15.4, they are being gracious.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ohio State has lost 2 home games since 2012. So in a decade, only 2 home losses.

In the last 5 years, we are 8-15 on the road.

So in what universe is over 15% odds of winning not being gracious?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Ouch, I still believe the game won't be as one sided as ESPN says, but yeah, you're right, let's hope it ends as a great game tho.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

The 9am kick doesn't help at all either.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:The 9am kick doesn't help at all either.
"I do my killin' after breakfast."

Marty McFly
Back To The Future 3 ;)
John 3:36
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Alaska Airlines offering non-stop service to Columbus for the game, leaving PDX Friday, returning non-stop Sunday night.

Wonder if revenues preclude the UO from offering a charter, or Alaska just jumped on the opportunity.

https://www.google.com/travel/flights/b ... BggDEAAYAA.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

We need to make this an important thread because the season starts in 1 month even tho this is not the first game.

My current only prediction for this game is that it will be closer than the 2015 national championship, and it could definitely go either way.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Maybe this game could end up like the Oklahoma vs Ohio State game from 2017, Oklahoma won in OSU's home field and in a pretty convincing way and made the playoffs, we could do the same.