#11 Oregon @ #4 Ohio State (Sept. 11 Sat 9 AM FOX)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

rockthief
Senior

Re: #11 Oregon @ #4 Ohio State (Sept. 11 Sat 9 AM FOX)

Post by rockthief »

Wow!

Ok. Brown needs to improve his accuracy. He was not even 50% today. I know that there were at least three passes that usually dependable receivers dropped, but that occurs in every game. I don't think he can improve. The rest of his game is good. He maintained his composure throughout the game and that is commendable.

Ducks beat Ohio State in Columbus. haha!
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
thatbpguy wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:
bigsugarduck wrote:Y'all are too negative. Let's see what happens...
This^^^^
I'm looking for moral victories. I hope we get to see some of our young RB's and WR's to see what they can do.
What will be a nightmare is if we still go full conservative and spend the entire game trying to save face instead of taking some chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No moral victories today!
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UofDuck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Today we find out if Mario can actually coach or if he's just a recruiter.
We found out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Brian Hartline found some things out too.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

stlDUCKfan wrote:So...

Is Fresno State better than thought, or...
Did Brown and Oregon make a miraculous improvement in 1 week, or...
Is OSU not as good as thought?

Maybe all three?
I think this big Cristobal team is really good against the really good and big teams. I think Mountain West teams will always play Cristobal tougher than the Chip Kelly teams but Cristobal teams have the power to push Ohio State around.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
stlDUCKfan wrote:So...

Is Fresno State better than thought, or...
Did Brown and Oregon make a miraculous improvement in 1 week, or...
Is OSU not as good as thought?

Maybe all three?
tOSU is really good. Oregon was likely playing serious possum last week, and Fresno is a good team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plus we've pretty much played the last 7 quarters of defense without KT. This Defense needs his spark for the pass rush and I'd think he'd be fully healthy for Arizona.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

rockthief wrote:Wow!

Ok. Brown needs to improve his accuracy. He was not even 50% today. I know that there were at least three passes that usually dependable receivers dropped, but that occurs in every game. I don't think he can improve. The rest of his game is good. He maintained his composure throughout the game and that is commendable.

Dude come on. Biggest OOC win in school history and you complain? He played great, and if Webb keeps his eyes on the ball instead of getting distracted by the DB, he goes for 70 yard TD on 3rd down. Brown is who he is, a game manger who won’t lose us games.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Not just passes he handed the ball off in several play where keepers would have been huge yardage. I do think that can be fixed with film and practice
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

brich75 wrote:

Not just passes he handed the ball off in several play where keepers would have been huge yardage. I do think that can be fixed with film and practice
Not every RPO is actually a RPO too. Those are always the hardest plays to knock the QB for unlike when he throws it.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Dude come on. Biggest OOC win in school history and you complain? He played great, and if Webb keeps his eyes on the ball instead of getting distracted by the DB, he goes for 70 yard TD on 3rd down. Brown is who he is, a game manger who won’t lose us games.
This man plays with heart and you can never coach that. He put his body on the line to get those extra yards. That's why he's the starter.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

buckmarkduck wrote:

I was a little worried about Brown at first but I noticed how athletic he was in the Fresno St game. However this game he was both athletic and accurate. The thing is he is a beast in the 3rd and short situations.
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

Saw someone tweet "We want Montana."
I could use that green and yellow shirt.
GO DUCKS!
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

We Want Stony Brook!
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

How can you not love Cristobal?!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

buckmarkduck wrote:

I’ll one up you, biggest regular season win in Oregon history.
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

I’ll one up you, biggest regular season win in Oregon history.
I was thinking about this too. I didn't know if I was being crazy thinking that it's top 5-10 all time.