Anthony Brown's leadership

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Anthony Brown's leadership

Post by mrpd21 »

I think we all gotta give this guy a HUGE round of applause, game ball goes to the QB1. He took a ton of heat and many thought it was time to bring in the future QB. We wouldn't have won without his poise, leadership, and decision-making. Playing at Ohio State needed a quarterback that was consistent and put the team on his shoulders, that's precisely what AB did. What a game and kudos to him.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Anthony Brown's leadership

Post by Tray Dub »

100%, he's just super steady. Great trait in a quarterback.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Agreed. AB played a great game.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

That first drive where we were pinned at the one and he looked totally calm and collected I knew we had a great chance. AB brings a lot of things that don’t show up on the stat sheet but are crucial at the QB spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

He is a heck of a good leader. Never once did he get rattled or lose his s***. He also spent time encouraging his fellows. Kudos!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Apparently he pulled a Steph Curry on his TD throw to Moliki but I can't find any video of it.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

rockthief wrote:He is a heck of a good leader. Never once did he get rattled or lose his s***. He also spent time encouraging his fellows. Kudos!
In converse, coach Day, who supposedly never loses his cool…until today. He lost it on the sideline when we went back up by 14 the 2nd time. tOSU team got punched in the mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

It's his team and we'll go as far as he takes it. Those drops today by those receivers were gut wrenching to watch.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Last week some fans brought up Shough, but it looks like this week was second half of the season Tyler. Glad Brown is the guy we kept.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

buckmarkduck wrote:Last week some fans brought up Shough, but it looks like this week was second half of the season Tyler. Glad Brown is the guy we kept.
Yep, struggled against SF Austin, he’s just not a FBS college QB.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I'm still not sure whether Brown can win us a CFP game... but the potential is definitely there, and he's definitely better than he showed late last season. I'm thankful he's our QB1 right now, though I still can't wait to see our younger QBs get some reps. Hopefully we can make that happen next week.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

pezsez1 wrote:I'm still not sure whether Brown can win us a CFP game... but the potential is definitely there, and he's definitely better than he showed late last season. I'm thankful he's our QB1 right now, though I still can't wait to see our younger QBs get some reps. Hopefully we can make that happen next week.
Arizona is getting their cans kicked in against San Diego St 38-7 early in the 4th; the next 2 games should see us play a lot of younger guys meaningful reps.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

One final stat from this game, AB completed 17 passes to 11 different players. He showed trust in a lot of players and never locked onto a single guy.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Duck07 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:I'm still not sure whether Brown can win us a CFP game... but the potential is definitely there, and he's definitely better than he showed late last season. I'm thankful he's our QB1 right now, though I still can't wait to see our younger QBs get some reps. Hopefully we can make that happen next week.
Arizona is getting their cans kicked in against San Diego St 38-7 early in the 4th; the next 2 games should see us play a lot of younger guys meaningful reps.
You can't expect to win against a peak form Brady Hoke team. I hear his clapping was on point so Arizona really never stood a chance.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Brown seems like a good leader 6th year guy at QB , we know his strengths which are many and weaknesses which there are too. Duck fans seem to think any play criticism is not allowed which is funny.
Brown can be both a good QB with flaws but also the right choice to start.