Possible future opponents we would love to see

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Possible future opponents we would love to see

Post by DuckzRule »

Since Oregon has recently scheduled a home and home with Ohio State, tell me, which one would be your dreamed non-conference opponent for UO? Mine would be Alabama and Nebraska (even tho we already played the Cornhuskers a few years ago).
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Possible future opponents we would love to see

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Mid major
- BYU

Big boys
- Bama
- Clemson
- Texas
- Penn St

Others
- Ole Miss
- Iowa
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I’m very displeased with the Ohio State home-and-home winding up a 2-for-1 where Oregon is the... *clears throat*
That’s a mid major move, no return trip until 2031. Hopefully they write up a better contract going forward, considering the risk of cancellation in Eugene due to forest fires.

The issue is it’s hard to get elite opponents to do a home-and-home against a top tier team in a small-ish stadium in a smaller city in a relatively remote region.

Opponents I’d love:
Alabama
(or) Any SEC team besides the dregs
Clemson
(or) Any respectable ACC program that has been relevant (Florida State, Miami, VA Tech, UNC)
Penn State (we’ve had Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan State (2x soon to be 3x), tOSU, so PSU seems logical)
Texas
Oklahoma State
Notre Dame

We’ve had two SEC teams do a series in my lifetime: Miss State and Tennessee. I’d love to see more. They managed UGA and Texas A&M when they were still Big-12 and both of those got canceled by the other party. Neutral sites are better than nothing, but not neutral when they’re in your opponents backyard. Only ACC team we could get out here was Virginia.

I want to see more cross country games, I’d like to travel to some. Big Ten and Big-12 teams are usually game, but there’s little benefit to playing Texas Tech or Indiana.

G-5 teams don’t move the needle for me, at all. I know you need them to balance out a schedule so may as well do West region cupcakes like Cal State schools, Nevada, UNLV, CSU, etc.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

We’ve had two SEC teams do a series in my lifetime: Miss State and Tennessee. I’d love to see more. They managed UGA and Texas A&M when they were still Big-12 and both of those got canceled by the other party. Neutral sites are better than nothing, but not neutral when they’re in your opponents backyard. Only ACC team we could get out here was Virginia.

Don't think Georgia has ever been in the Big-12.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

GoDucksTroll wrote:I’m very displeased with the Ohio State home-and-home winding up a 2-for-1 where Oregon is the... *clears throat*
That’s a mid major move, no return trip until 2031. Hopefully they write up a better contract going forward, considering the risk of cancellation in Eugene due to forest fires.

The issue is it’s hard to get elite opponents to do a home-and-home against a top tier team in a small-ish stadium in a smaller city in a relatively remote region.

Opponents I’d love:
Alabama
Clemson
(or) Any respectable ACC program that has been relevant (Florida State, Miami, VA Tech, UNC)
Penn State (we’ve had Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan State (2x soon to be 3x), tOSU, so PSU seems logical)
Texas
Oklahoma State
Notre Dame

I want to see more cross country games, I’d like to travel to some. Big Ten and Big-12 teams are usually game, but there’s little benefit to playing Texas Tech or Indiana.

G-5 teams don’t move the needle for me, at all. I know you need them to balance out a schedule so may as well do West region cupcakes like Cal State schools, Nevada, UNLV, CSU, etc.
I dunno if you know this, but we will play the Oklahoma State Cowboys in 4 years, which I hope will be a great game, I also have wanted to see Oregon vs Florida because UF has scheduled a lot of Pac-12 opponents for this decade
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

DuckzRule wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:I’m very displeased with the Ohio State home-and-home winding up a 2-for-1 where Oregon is the... *clears throat*

Opponents I’d love:
Alabama
Clemson
Texas
Oklahoma State
Notre Dame

I dunno if you know this, but we will play the Oklahoma State Cowboys in 4 years, which I hope will be a great game, I also have wanted to see Oregon vs Florida because UF has scheduled a lot of Pac-12 opponents for this decade
I’m not certain your Florida assertion is accurate - at least in terms of a home and home series. They were very recently on a run of 28 years without playing a non-con game outside of Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I still feel like an Oregon vs Alabama home and home is possible due to the Alabama vs Arizona home and home that will happen at the same time as the Oregon vs Ohio State h&h series.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Texas
Miss St- great fans
South Carolina- always wanted an excuse to go there
Notre Dame- hate them as much as UW. Beating them would be glorious
Miami- for obvious reason

All winnable games, that carry respect with the east coast.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I wonder if we will schedule a home and home in 2031 and 2034 (with it sandwiching the Ohio State home and home), or schedule a neutral site kickoff in 2031
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Would love to see a h&h with Notre Dame, since they're probably the most storied program in football history and relevant nowadays. I had to look up the last time we played ND and it was back when there were no overtimes.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Bama in Autzen.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Opponents I’d love:
Alabama
Clemson
Texas
Oklahoma State
Notre Dame

TBH, I can perfectly see Alabama and Oregon scheduling a home and home sometime, since Alabama also scheduled one with Arizona, Arizona's stadium is somewhat smaller than Autzen Stadium, and we also scheduled a home and home with one of Alabama's rivals (Tennessee), so yeah, it's still possible.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

We have a space left in 2031, will we schedule a kickoff game in that year? Or schedule a home and home that sandwiches the Ohio State one?
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Alabama seriously is afraid of us, they wasted their schedules with Boston College which is a program barely anyone cares about.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

For some reason I want to see a kickoff game against Miami because of the fact we ripped off their turnover chain.

I dunno if Oregon would destroy the Canes.