S&C coach Feld receives extension, raise

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

S&C coach Feld receives extension, raise

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like The Mustache will be sticking around Eugene a little while longer as he's received a new raise and extension.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: S&C coach Feld receives extension, raise

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Deserved?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Deserved?
I'd say it probably is. This past season can't be blamed on him because the pandemic really messed with their normal training schedules.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

He's definitely played a part in the recruiting pitch. They've effectively integrated him into the brand and recruits notice. Nice little added perk for a role that usually doesn't touch that aspect of the business.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I think Feld is a good S&C coach but his personality is also something you want to keep at Oregon football. How often do you hear of college S&C coaches creating viral videos/slogans and getting interviews on the Dan Patrick show? To me a good chunk of his value is his personality, including the mustache.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I’ve been on board not blaming Feld and his staff for 2020’s shortcomings. The players were off campus, the virus destroyed schedules.

In 2019 when Oregon was gassing teams in the fourth quarter people were singing Feld’s praises. It’s also a good sign when two of his assistants have been hired to head their own S&C programs by Arroyo and Avalos - they saw the system and wanted to replicate it.

As Stu mentioned, Feld is also a recruiting asset. Alabama had the same going on with Scott Cochran, and he was hired away by Georgia to be their Special teams coach.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I think Feld is a good S&C coach but his personality is also something you want to keep at Oregon football. How often do you hear of college S&C coaches creating viral videos/slogans and getting interviews on the Dan Patrick show? To me a good chunk of his value is his personality, including the mustache.
:lol: My question is....is the “Stash” written into the contract :lol:

I’m 48yrs old and if I could grow facial hair I would do the handlebars or a bald ZZ Top :lol: