How many games are you going to?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

How many games do you plan to go to this season?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:35 pm

30%
11%
30%
4%
4+
26%

Total votes: 27
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Re: How many games are you going to?

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I replied 4+ because I already have two home games and one away on the schedule - and I expect one more home game.

Travel has kind of complicated things with a few trips, but it’s looking like:

Stony Brook: Cheap tickets to bring along a group of friends, we do that for a non conference game every year. I would have preferred Fresno State- odds of better weather, better opponent, opener, but we leave for a trip the next day. Fresno still possible, just not in a big group. Too much cat herding.
Colorado: an October game is a must.
@ Washington: who will push wheelchairs down the stairs if no Duck fans show up?

Probably: Wazzu. Mid November, could be important, I will be the best man at a Wazzu wedding this year so they might want to go. Make it a day game and I’m there.
Maybe: Arizona. Meh. Depends on time, weather, performance.
Definite no: Cal. I’ll be on a tropical beach instead of freezing my butt off with a 7:30PM kickoff.
Very unlikely: Civi—- Oregon State. My girlfriend won’t entertain the idea since her brother, SIL, and their baby will be in town.

Overall home schedule is very uninspiring. Not their fault there’s no Ohio State and the conference rotation is bland. Stony Brook? There were no other FCS programs needing a paycheck that week?

Excited just to be back. Curious to see the new video board in action and hear the improved sound system. I saw the board from PK Park and it’s a monster. Looking forward to all the good stuff. Pre or post game Track Town fight for a table, losing my voice, running into a giant spider web walking on the bridge, wondering how the hell those kids are in college when half of them look 12 years old, booing every time I disagree with a call or anytime there’s even a hint of dirtiness from the other team, getting up at the 25 most crucial moments of the game in order to allow people to go get/return with beer or go to the bathroom due to the beer.

Some of those are making me wonder why go through the trouble. Stony Brook’s QB is going to hate life on third down when I contribute .001 of the decibels and he can’t call out an audible despite KT and Noah showing blitz. Moments like that are just so much better in person.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

pezsez1 wrote:
Well, fortunately for you, nobody screams anymore.
No games for me this season! Not only do I have my son, but my brother is moving back into town and he just got a new Treager. So, yeah, game days this year will definitely be for family and smoked meats. Probably in that order. ;)

As for the quote above, Autzen had BETTER be loud this year! If there is ever a year for the crowd to return to form, this is it. I want everyone there to leave every ounce of quarantine rage in that stadium.
Smoked meats on the Traeger says it all! Some of the best meals I ever had came from my Traeger. Brisket and the game on TV or the game in person eating an overpriced burger is a tough decision. The Autzen experience in person is pretty special though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Try to Traeger some pork but with coleslaw and mustard sauce sandwiches. They will give the brisket a run for its money.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I actually caved and just bought myself a new Traeger, too! :o I'd been smoking meat with wood chunks for years, but I just don't have time to babysit the barbecue for hours on end nowadays. So, my old barbecue will be my charcoal grill and my Traeger will be the smoke machine.

Looking forward to a test run this week!
Willie Taggart is a dick.