Civil war question

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Re: Civil war question

Post by SuperDuck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:I think they should create something symbolic like many Big-10 schools do and call it something like the "Civil Cup". It could be a symbol of bragging rights, sportsmanship and civility between neighbors and rival schools. The winner of the game gets to hold it each year.

Just a thought.
This is the first suggestion I can remember that I don't dislike. It keeps the connection with the previous name while eliminating the offensive part. Seems to be a perfect middle ground.
Agreed. It almost makes too much sense. Well done
Thanks, guys.
John 3:36
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Actually, after re-thinking it, the name should be more like the "Civil Trophy" instead of cup. I forgot that the "Apple Cup" was already being used by UW vs WSU.
John 3:36
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

SuperDuck wrote:Actually, after re-thinking it, the name should be more like the "Civil Trophy" instead of cup. I forgot that the "Apple Cup" was already being used by UW vs WSU.
You would still need to name the game. I've never heard of a game with trophy in the title. Sure putting cup in the title copies Washington and Washington St a little but I'm pretty sure there are other rivalry games with cup in the name. Civil Cup is the only thing that sounds good . Also I'm not one that backs down to the politically correct if there is no cup or name I'll continue to call it the Civil War. However if there is a cup on the line even I would have to call it the Civil Cup.