Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Re: Oregon 2021 Fall Camp

Post by greenyellow »

ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Struggles on offense are concerning. If it's because the OL hasn't improved much, it's going to spell trouble for the run and passing game.... (yikes)
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

ducks5ever wrote:Struggles on offense are concerning. If it's because the OL hasn't improved much, it's going to spell trouble for the run and passing game.... (yikes)
Many of the first team OL did not play per sources. Reading between the lines of the various write-ups the action for first teamers on both sides of the ball was very limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Things I like so far:
-Seems like Flowe/Sewell are ready to go. If they play gap sound, they're going to be a force, even being younger.
-Sounds like we're developing some pass rushers outside of KT. Cristobal seemed like he was really happy with how Swinson has developed.
-Sounds like Popo is having a nice camp
-Sounds like our young WR/TE groups continue to be as advertised
-Young QB development (as much as people hype Ashford's talent and Butters' spring game, I still think Ty is the guy long term, but we will see!)

Areas of concern:
-The obvious suspensions and depth in the secondary. That spring game was just a nightmare back there. Outside of Wright/Mckinley, nothing is certain. (Though I do think Bennett Williams can be pretty decent).
-Other interior DL outside of Popo. We cannot get manhandled by teams like OSEwe and Cal like last year there.
-Consistency of Anthony Brown. Even within games last year, he'd look great for a few plays and then just miss some throws. I hope he has a great season and we don't see the freshman except to mop up this year, but if the first couple games go roughly....well, it's going to be tough to keep a 1 year guy in there.
-Improvement of offensive line/running backs. Lots of vets, but have to show it. Was nice to hear Kingsley had a nice scrimmage.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I've seen a couple of stories highlighting Ty Thompson as the standout player in the team's first scrimmage, and MC seemed to give him more praise than AB afterward.

Fully expect AB to start... but is anyone hearing whether Thompson may be emerging as the clear QB2?
Willie Taggart is a dick.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

pezsez1 wrote:I've seen a couple of stories highlighting Ty Thompson as the standout player in the team's first scrimmage, and MC seemed to give him more praise than AB afterward.

Fully expect AB to start... but is anyone hearing whether Thompson may be emerging as the clear QB2?
I wouldn't judge too much on 1 practice/scrimmage. Ashford was the MVP of the spring game for example and I think Lockie was perfect in a spring game one time.

Sounds like Butters/Thompson split reps with the 2s and 3s and Ashford is falling behind though.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I think I read Ashford is banged up.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

From the written reports it seems to infer that the Defense has been in control when it goes 1 v 1. To me I'm okay with this because I think this team only goes as far as the Defense is able to go. I think the offense against most opponents won't have many issues but its the Defense that needs to be our dominant unit this year.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »