Rob Moseley Previews 2021 Position Groups

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Re: Rob Moseley Previews 2021 Position Groups

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Rob’s reports are better than nothing. Except for when he calls CJ Verdell reliable or Funa’s play last year as solid. I suppose it depends on what you’re relying on CJ for, and Funa was mostly made out of a solid state of matter last season.

Depth charts are fairly predictable, although it will be interesting to see how he views the DB pecking order entering fall. After hearing about Jamal Hill last year as a breakout star it seems that in addition to Flowe we have heard about Daymon David. Those freshman DBs are going to need to pan out.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Added the DB preview. Rob waited until after the suspensions were announced before writing this one, so those are factored in.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

The cornerback group has more freshman in the depth chart than a community college team.

The cornerback group has more freshman in the depth chart than a Calipari UK starting lineup.

The cornerback group has more freshman in the depth chart than a Philosophy 101 course.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Mathis as the starter is interesting.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Mathis as the starter is interesting.
I saw that one, wiped my eyes, and then was not terribly happy when it did in fact say Mathis on second glance.

I spent too much time researching Oregon State's depth chart after listening to Hythloday's preview on the Quack12podcast, and for almost every position group, Oregon has far greater ability and ceiling. The lone exception is inside linebacker. If I'm investing in draft stock, I'm taking Sewell and Flowe, but if I need performers in 2021, I'm taking Avery Roberts and Omar Speights without much second-guessing. If Oregon's starting two includes Mathis, it isn't even close. I struggle to come up with something Mathis does well, and would frankly rather see the walk-on transfer from Azusa Pacific play ahead of Dru.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Mathis as the starter is interesting.
Yeah, I doubt that lasts long.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!