What I want to see from Cristobal this season

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UofDuck
Senior

Re: What I want to see from Cristobal this season

Post by UofDuck »

karlhungis wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Dye was certainly better last year than as a Fr. I felt he was our best rb honestly. They took far to many carries from him and gave them to Cyrus.
I'm looking forward to the running game this year. The depth behind CJ and Travis is exciting this year. I'm just really hoping CMC has the team ready for competition this year. I don't want to see a rusty, slow start. Fresno looks ready to play and I hope we can match their level of preparedness.
Fresno’s offense looked pretty weak the first part of the game until they got the dust shook off. I’m expecting the same for Oregon so I won’t allow myself to panic early when we look out of sorts early on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Still don't understand why CMC call timeouts after TV breaks and quarter changes. Was hoping to see less of that this year.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

The fan base will also be livid this year if Camden Lewis misses a FG in a close game. Pretty sure 80%+ of the fanbase thinks Katlemonster is the better kicker.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

It’s about time Oregon goes from surviving to thriving, as cheesy as that sound. It’s weird but somehow under Mario Oregon wins games they have no right winning, and it’s great and all when they win but if they continue to just play to the level of their opponents they’re gonna occasionally lose a bad game like ASU in 2019. Just ready for Oregon to beat inferior teams soundly and end the game by halftime. This is why backup QB’s don’t get experience.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I want to see him fire Mastro, ditch the pistol, and let our OC run a modern offense.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I hate the pistol so much!
Willie Taggart is a dick.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Yeah, that was not exactly what I wanted to see.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I saw another poster say this but Mario really needs to get his team to just crush inferior opponents and end games as early as possible. It appears Flowe suffered his injury on the second to last play of the game for the defense which at that point he should’ve been out. However the offense waited 3 1/2 quarters to show up and therefore the starters had to be out all game. This reminds me of 2015 when the Oregon defense couldn’t stop Eastern Washington’s offense in the season opener and the offensive starters had to play the entire game and keep scoring to sustain the lead and Vernon Adams took a late hit and broke his thumb. Obviously you can’t stop injuries from happening, that’s part of life, but sucks to see such a great player suffer an injury against an inferior opponent at a time of the game when he should have been on the bench with the backups in. This Oregon team under Cristobal cannot let inferior opponents hang around too long.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I saw another poster say this but Mario really needs to get his team to just crush inferior opponents and end games as early as possible. It appears Flowe suffered his injury on the second to last play of the game for the defense which at that point he should’ve been out. However the offense waited 3 1/2 quarters to show up and therefore the starters had to be out all game. This reminds me of 2015 when the Oregon defense couldn’t stop Eastern Washington’s offense in the season opener and the offensive starters had to play the entire game and keep scoring to sustain the lead and Vernon Adams took a late hit and broke his thumb. Obviously you can’t stop injuries from happening, that’s part of life, but sucks to see such a great player suffer an injury against an inferior opponent at a time of the game when he should have been on the bench with the backups in. This Oregon team under Cristobal cannot let inferior opponents hang around too long.
Flowe wasn't even the starter. He was already a backup. Blaming Cristobal for his injury is a huge stretch.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

karlhungis wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I saw another poster say this but Mario really needs to get his team to just crush inferior opponents and end games as early as possible. It appears Flowe suffered his injury on the second to last play of the game for the defense which at that point he should’ve been out. However the offense waited 3 1/2 quarters to show up and therefore the starters had to be out all game. This reminds me of 2015 when the Oregon defense couldn’t stop Eastern Washington’s offense in the season opener and the offensive starters had to play the entire game and keep scoring to sustain the lead and Vernon Adams took a late hit and broke his thumb. Obviously you can’t stop injuries from happening, that’s part of life, but sucks to see such a great player suffer an injury against an inferior opponent at a time of the game when he should have been on the bench with the backups in. This Oregon team under Cristobal cannot let inferior opponents hang around too long.
Flowe wasn't even the starter. He was already a backup. Blaming Cristobal for his injury is a huge stretch.
If I remember correctly the depth chart said Matthis or Flowe. Regardless, I stand by what I said, it’s important to get starters out as early as possible when playing inferior opponents. I wasn’t blaming Mario, I even said that, just would like to see his Oregon teams crush inferior opponents and end the game as early as possible.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
If I remember correctly the depth chart said Matthis or Flowe. Regardless, I stand by what I said, it’s important to get starters out as early as possible when playing inferior opponents. I wasn’t blaming Mario, I even said that, just would like to see his Oregon teams crush inferior opponents and end the game as early as possible.
You play your horses when the lead is only 7. Injuries are just part of the game. I like you as a poster OL4L, but you tend to be an armchair QB. Between this and you suggesting that Mario was partially to blame for Pitmans injury last year because he got injured diving for a ball in practice. You suggested that players shouldn’t be allowed to go all out in practice in order to avoid injuries. You 2nd guessing coaches for normal player management gets tiresome. It’s football. Players get hurt. Injuries are almost always unavoidable and unfortunate, but there is nobody to blame, it just happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro