Which was the worst Oregon moment of all time?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck023
Four Star Recruit

Re: Which was the worst Oregon moment of all time?

Post by duck023 »

You guys have came up with some good ones but there is one game that sticks out to me as the moment that depressed me the most, 2013 Stanford game!!!! Someone mentioned the 2012 Stanford game and that game was awful too but that game gave me a great lesson on not worrying about the rankings until every game is finished because I remember before that game I was more worried about Kansas St and Notre Dame taking Oregon's spot in the national championship and not actually Oregon losing. 2013's loss to Stanford was just depressing because Oregon was by far the best team in the country at that point. Florida St. and Oregon were blowing out everyone but Oregon had the tougher schedule. I remember during that season watching a documentary about the national championship Miami teams and realizing that 2013 Oregon was blowing out teams by a wider margin and I was thinking, "well Oregon's got to win a championship this year!". Then that Thursday game at Stanford happened. The first half was horrible and although the Ducks came back in the 2nd half you knew that they dug themselves too deep of a hole and that they were going to waste one of the greatest seasons ever. Even the next season when they went to the national championship they weren't dominating like in 2013.