18. Iowa
19. Penn State
20. Washington
21. Texas
22. Coastal Carolina
23. Louisiana-Lafayette
24. Utah
25. Arizona State

Others receiving votes: Oklahoma State 107, Ole Miss 106, TCU 40, Liberty 36, Auburn 32, North Carolina State 14, Michigan 12, Northwestern 8, Boise State 7, Nevada 7, Brigham Young 6, Ball State 6, Houston 5, Boston College 5, UCF 5, West Virginia 3, UAB 2, Army 2, UCLA 2

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Re: AP Top 25

Post by DuckzRule »

I was hoping for Oregon to be at least 10 so the Ohio State game would be a top 10 matchup, but I'll take it.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

DuckzRule wrote:I was hoping for Oregon to be at least 10 so the Ohio State game would be a top 10 matchup, but I'll take it.
One of the top 10 may get knocked off in week 1 and you'll still get your wish.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

From a CBSSports article on overrated and underrated teams:

Underrated: No. 11 Oregon
The Pac-12 is the Rodney Dangerfield of the college football world -- it gets no respect. In this case specifically, it's Oregon that voters are sleeping on. The Ducks have the best player in the game in defensive lineman Kayvon Thibodeaux, a very healthy quarterback situation, a dynamic offense with playmakers everywhere, is stout on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and has a coach in Mario Cristobal who has created the "Alabama of the West." That'll be enough for the Ducks to flirt with the CFP all the way into the championship weekend. That Week 2 matchup vs. Ohio State is going to be a doozy, but voters seem to think that there's a bigger gap between the two schools than I do

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... -rankings/
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

RanDux wrote:From a CBSSports article on overrated and underrated teams:

Underrated: No. 11 Oregon
The Pac-12 is the Rodney Dangerfield of the college football world -- it gets no respect. In this case specifically, it's Oregon that voters are sleeping on. The Ducks have the best player in the game in defensive lineman Kayvon Thibodeaux, a very healthy quarterback situation, a dynamic offense with playmakers everywhere, is stout on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and has a coach in Mario Cristobal who has created the "Alabama of the West." That'll be enough for the Ducks to flirt with the CFP all the way into the championship weekend. That Week 2 matchup vs. Ohio State is going to be a doozy, but voters seem to think that there's a bigger gap between the two schools than I do

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... -rankings/
I want to face Alabama in the Orange Bowl (even tho they'll choose the Cotton Bowl if we get to the CFP as the number 4 seed and then Alabama is the number 1 seed, because Florida is way too far from Oregon) and then pull a 2014 Ohio State on them and then win the natty, even tho it's unlikely we'll make the CFP this season, but I do agree with that person, since many people are thinking the Ohio State game will be one-sided in tOSU's favor (which I doubt) and we'll lose more than 1 or 2 games, at worst I see a 10-2 season,