Streaming/Viewing Options

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

jBeavertonduck
Two Star Recruit

Streaming/Viewing Options

Post by jBeavertonduck »

I was wondering what streaming service folks were using to watch the Ducks this year. I'm trying to make up my mind which one to sign on for for the season?

Thanks,
Keith
squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: Viewing Options

Post by squintsdd »

jBeavertonduck wrote:I was wondering what streaming service folks were using to watch the Ducks this year. I'm trying to make up my mind which one to sign on for for the season?

Thanks,
Keith
Normally I'd just stream the games from some random site, but because I won't be home during several of the games this season I'm going to need a way to record. Sling seems to be my best option for that, unless I opt for Comcast, which I really don't want to do.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Streaming options?

Post by chapelhillduck »

I know this comes up every year, but what’s the best way to catch as many games as possible (aside from the somewhat sketchy free sites...I’m just done with the pop ups)?

YoutubeTV with Pac12?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Streaming options?

Post by karlhungis »

I usually do sling tv but last year was kind of hit or miss. I am thinking of finding a better option this year.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: Streaming options?

Post by squintsdd »

I was going to do sling, but was disappointed to find that they don't have fox. Since I won't be home to watch the Ohio state game, being able to record it is a must. I opted to go for fubo. it's a little pricier, but has fox, and the pac12 network. Normally I just find some random site to stream the game from though.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Streaming/Viewing Options

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Radio

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Radio
Oh man. That takes me back to being a student and DJing weddings on the side. Occasionally I’d have to DJ during games and I’d be listening to the game in one ear while I played music in the other ear.
Jerry Allen got me through those weekends, but I don’t think I could go back.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

I was able to find a bunch of free livestreamers on youtube last year. Otherwise I use sketchy streams but I have malwarebytes and avast. #costefficiency
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Radio
Oh man. That takes me back to being a student and DJing weddings on the side. Occasionally I’d have to DJ during games and I’d be listening to the game in one ear while I played music in the other ear.
Jerry Allen got me through those weekends, but I don’t think I could go back.
Jerry and Joey are both bad in their own acceptable ways. :lol: Joey sounds like like a little boy calling the games.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Sling with their optional "air TV" that gives you local channels through their HD antenna. I believe the air TV antenna is free if you prepay 2 months right now and there is no monthly charge for the local channels. You will be able to get all the Duck games.

Best thing about sling is that it is month to month and you can turn it on and off whenever you want. I turn it on at the start of college football and turn it off right after college basketball, so I am not paying for it April - August.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I'm gonna be on an airplane when the Oregon vs Ohio State game happens, so I will probably miss a lot of it, is there a way to watch the game in something like a cellphone?
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I tried cord cutting last year, but with no need for the Pac-12 Network it wasn’t a good test run. I got lazy and just turned my Dish Network on from hibernating. Plus, my gf wanted to watch some kind holiday or British baking championship or some other nonsense like that. I enjoy spending most of my Saturday watching college football and so it was worth it for me. I also tried using an over the air antenna, which worked pretty decent. Except for when the last game of the World Series wasn’t coming in well unless I stood in a ballerina pose while holding it, so I’d rather pay Dish or some streaming service.

This year I’m trying Fubo again or maybe YouTube TV? Eh, I wish they would end this media conglomerate bundling and just let us pick what we want a la carte. Like here’s some money and just give me the 10-15 channels I would ever watch and keep your 200 useless ones. Between Netflix, HBO max, Amazon Prime, Hulu/Spotify, and Disney+ that is already wayyy more than I need or have time for. I keep hoping for a less disjointed way to get content delivered and considering how much I pay each month that seems like a reasonable want.

It would be ideal if Disney, CBS, and Fox just joined forces and gave me a college football option to buy. Unrealistic, but it wouldn’t surprise me if there is a stand-alone Disney football package once ESPN gets all the SEC games.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Is there a way to watch Oregon vs. Ohio State in an airplane?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

DuckzRule wrote:Is there a way to watch Oregon vs. Ohio State in an airplane?
Most airlines have a WiFi option so even if it's like 5-10 bucks you can pay for the wifi and then watch it on ESPN3
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
DuckzRule wrote:Is there a way to watch Oregon vs. Ohio State in an airplane?
Most airlines have a WiFi option so even if it's like 5-10 bucks you can pay for the wifi and then watch it on ESPN3
The game is gonna be on Fox, so I dunno if ESPN will also air it in one of their channels unless it ends up being the location for College GameDay, but I'm probably gonna watch it in an app.