A new kickoff game?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

A new kickoff game?

Post by DuckzRule »

I remember hearing a bunch of reports saying that there was gonna be a new kickoff game between the Pac-12 and SEC/Big 10 that takes place in Las Vegas a while ago, and now it seems like a reality.

USC (eugh) and LSU will be playing in a single 2024 game in Las Vegas, which makes me believe it will be the Pac-12 equivalent of the Chick Fil-A Kickoff Game (even tho we will participate on it next year), so I'm wondering, what do you guys think and what would happen if Oregon makes it to this new kickoff game?
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Re: A new kickoff game?

Post by DuckzRule »

Also I'm surprised a Pac-12 team even scheduled a SEC opponent A DAY after the triple alliance.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

The “historic alliance” is a joke until proven otherwise - nothing on paper and or even a concrete idea of what it means. It basically says that the other three viable conferences will push back against the SEC. It might be something like one non-con game per year between each conference - or something like that. Fewer teams in the Pac-12 so we’ll see how that works. Maybe it will be for TV packaging.

There’s also a bowl game between the Pac-SEC in Vegas that will be high up in the conference pecking order. It’s ridiculous the Pac-12 number two gets the Big-12 number three in the Alamo in a city that isn’t a tourist draw.

Good news on this kickoff game. If there is to be more ‘neutral’ site games instead of home-and-homes I’d rather they be in Vegas over Atlanta or Dallas. The new Raiders stadium in Vegas is fantastic for the Pac-12.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I hope we can get an Oregon-Alabama kickoff game in Las Vegas in most likely 2027.

Also I wonder what will be the name of the new kickoff game in case it gets into "Chick Fil A Kickoff Game" status, "Sin City Kickoff/Classic"?