Depth/Organizational Chart is out!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

Depth/Organizational Chart is out!

Post by GrantDuck »

Let's GOOOOOO DUCKS!!!
No major surprises, except for the TE position.

Troy Franklin at starting WR confirms what we heard out of camp.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Depth/Organizational Chart is out!

Post by buckmarkduck »

GrantDuck wrote:https://twitter.com/JamesCrepea/status/ ... 39/photo/1

Let's GOOOOOO DUCKS!!!
No major surprises, except for the TE position.

Troy Franklin at starting WR confirms what we heard out of camp.

Maybe I’m the only one who hasn’t seen anything from Webb, but the TE position doesn’t look very surprising. I think the 2 Fr will be at the top of the list by midseason.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Questions/observations:
1. How is everyone feeling about that OL, especially with Walk and RG. I think this OL will make or break this season.
2. NT - very important position on the defense looks pretty thin/inexperienced behind Popo
3. I thought Swinson played on the line vs LB. For such an amazing 4th quarter/fall camp he apparently had, I'm really surprised he's 3rd string LB
4. This is insane depth at WR. Hutson and Williams are pretty much 3rd stringers? Thats crazy.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Also I hope KT doesn't turn into something like the Jalen Jelks experiment. Jelks started playing part time OLB his last season here and had a much more quiet year after that move.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

The most shocking thing to me was that Camden Lewis is somehow still on the (or) level with Katleman as PK. Lewis must be incredible at practice, and just can't handle game pressure, because I have no idea why that would even be a battle based on game results. It's not even a Morgan Flint situation, where Katleman can't kick it beyond 39 yards and perhaps Lewis is the long distance kicker. Katleman seems to have plenty of range from my understanding. Just baffling to me. That being said, Franklin is a pleasant surprise. OL has me a bit worried, as I think Sala is better suited for guard than tackle, and thought they were just playing him at tackle out of necessity last season. Perhaps a full offseason there has helped.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

This team is loaded with Freshmen and few upperclassmen. I find that concerning unless those Freshmen prove to be exceptional players right away. What happened to the Juniors and Seniors?
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

rockthief wrote:This team is loaded with Freshmen and few upperclassmen. I find that concerning unless those Freshmen prove to be exceptional players right away. What happened to the Juniors and Seniors?
I think it'll look deceiving, because a lot of guys that are considered freshmen or sophomores have been in the program 3-4 years, because of the last season not counting against eligibility. Meanwhile, a lot of the talented upperclassmen went on to the draft. There are very few true freshmen that are starting, outside of Franklin and Matavao. I mean, guys like McKinley are showing up as sophomores and he's been around forever!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I’m happy to see Bennet Williams starting over Happle, Happle was hard to watch last season.

I don’t like seeing Wright as the kick returner, he’s far too valuable to be returning kicks.

If every position matched the depth of the WR’s, we’d win a national championship easily.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

Steve Stephens starting makes me nervous. Hopefully Addison can move up. The secondary would be shaky even with Hill and James available. As it is, it might be a complete mess. It would be really helpful if the coaches could find another nickel as talented as Holland.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Redd not starting is interesting too.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Redd not starting is interesting too.
He's listed an "or" with Pittman, which isn't surprising.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
Ah makes sense.

Also our OL looks thin. I think ducks5ever's observation is an important one. I feel like we could either be below average or end up being really good at OL. We'll know soon.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Sadly, our OL seems to be about 2 years behind the rest of the team in upgrading on talent. Once Kingsley, Banks, Powers-Johnson are starting in say 2 years, we will have a really good OL. The guys we have right now are very average however.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

With the exception of Walk, all our starting OL are 4* guys. Sala and Forsyth will probably be drafted at some point.

Yes, we are upgrading talent there, but I still think we have above average talent on the OL.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Ah makes sense.

Also our OL looks thin. I think ducks5ever's observation is an important one. I feel like we could either be below average or end up being really good at OL. We'll know soon.

Sounds like we had some injuries to some OL this past week. That’s not ideal for depth.