Has Washington claimed the pre-season national title yet?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

RanDux
Senior

Re: Has Washington claimed the pre-season national title yet

Post by RanDux »

GoDucksTroll wrote:They have had a pretty bad off season and are now questioning Jimmy’s stewardship for the future. This season they are very optimistic though, and it’s hard to blame them because they have some very good players left; LT Jaxson Kirkland, CB Trent McDuffie, LB Edefuan Ofoloshio, with a chance pass rusher ZTF will return from injury later in the season. But after this season??? Back to mediocrity.

This has been a brutal off season:
* They couldn’t field a team to lose to us or USC, getting a hollow “Pac-12 North Championship” they’ll undoubtedly hang the banner.
* A bunch of players transferred, including an exodus at WR. They got some transfers in, but other teams rejects are not enough.
* The great DC Kwiatkowski left for Texas and threw Jimmy under the bus. Washington promoted a bunch of interns.
* JTT and Emeka, the top DL and WR in the country left home. Recruiting has sucked.

I couldn’t have asked for a better start to the Lake era other than losing to Oregon State and Utah last season, which they should have at least to OSU if the refs called it right.
There is the icing on the cake, a loss to the mighty Grizzlies! Priceless.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Jordan Reffett certainly has been quiet. Maybe he can’t remember his Twitter handle so is unable to post.[WINKING FACE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

RanDux wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:They have had a pretty bad off season and are now questioning Jimmy’s stewardship for the future. This season they are very optimistic though, and it’s hard to blame them because they have some very good players left; LT Jaxson Kirkland, CB Trent McDuffie, LB Edefuan Ofoloshio, with a chance pass rusher ZTF will return from injury later in the season. But after this season??? Back to mediocrity.

* They couldn’t field a team to lose to us or USC, getting a hollow “Pac-12 North Championship” they’ll undoubtedly hang the banner.
* A bunch of players transferred, including an exodus at WR. They got some transfers in, but other teams rejects are not enough.
* The great DC Kwiatkowski left for Texas and threw Jimmy under the bus. Washington promoted a bunch of interns.
* JTT and Emeka, the top DL and WR in the country left home. Recruiting has sucked.

I couldn’t have asked for a better start to the Lake era other than losing to Oregon State and Utah last season, which they should have at least to OSU if the refs called it right.

And "Nationally Recognized Recruiting Analyst *Husky Recruiting Guru* http://Realdawg.com ", Huskie Fluffer Ruth Robbins announced her retirement at the end of the game... Cherry on top?

Hah, the cherry was the commit of DT Ben Roberts, the former Fuskie recruit!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... ar-AAO7KE8
Last edited by woundedknees on Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

lmduck

Post by lmduck »

woundedknees wrote:
RanDux wrote:

And Huskie Fluffer Ruth Robbins announced her retirement at the end of the game... Cherry on top?
‘Husky fluffer’- that in itself is epic. I got a good laugh from that one. Well done!

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

lmduck wrote:
pdxduck2013 wrote:That was a great game to watch. Glad that Montana got the win. Hauck is building them back into an FCS power.
Well in all honesty, he has to after he openly flirted with the Boise State job. He wanted that badly.

Is it bad to want a better job?
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
lmduck wrote:
pdxduck2013 wrote:That was a great game to watch. Glad that Montana got the win. Hauck is building them back into an FCS power.
Well in all honesty, he has to after he openly flirted with the Boise State job. He wanted that badly.

Is it bad to want a better job?
Not at all but when you publicly campaign for it and then don’t get it, your employer usually ups the ante. Admittedly most of us can search for a new job in a stealth manner. With coaches it’s sometimes much different.

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

JIDuck97 wrote:Flags for too many capitals on washington and huskies.
Hear hear!