Post Fresno State- Where Do We Stand?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Post Fresno State- Where Do We Stand?

Post by karlhungis »

buckmarkduck wrote:Qb11 and Hyth did a game review. And Webb was abysmal blocking. Most of the issues are his and Jones blocking or lack their of. Terrible. Webb shouldn’t play again. I’d rather see a 3rd string DE playing there. A lot of plays where guys get hit in the backfield are Webb’s guy, as he half heartedly try’s to block them.
any link to their breakdown? I really enjoyed QB11's breakdowns last year.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I wonder if the game plan was developed too vanilla to protect trade secrets. False sense of our superiority going in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

karlhungis wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Qb11 and Hyth did a game review. And Webb was abysmal blocking. Most of the issues are his and Jones blocking or lack their of. Terrible. Webb shouldn’t play again. I’d rather see a 3rd string DE playing there. A lot of plays where guys get hit in the backfield are Webb’s guy, as he half heartedly try’s to block them.
twitch.tv/QB11SD
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I’ll echo the sentiments of Shough not being able to pull of a comeback. The thing is we shouldn’t have been in that position to begin with.

I stand by my assertion that Fresno is a bottom of the Pac type of team but the Ducks played like crap. When they had 14 in the first quarter that’s when you stomp out any chance for Fresno. Run it, get creative, break their back.

You can’t have an offensive line play that poorly and expect to beat a D1 team. Embarrassing for Cristobal considering how long he’s had to build an OL in his image. Brown wasn’t as good as I thought but he also played well enough to win. Maybe he improves, if he doesn’t I was wrong about his potential.

No sunshine pumping, I could barely keep my eyes on the action. If I had to: it seems that they started off expecting an easy win and keeping the playbook hidden. Maybe there’s more. Hopefully. DJ James and Jamal Hill come back and help. Hopefully. Cristobal decides that Jones or one of the IOL needs to be benched. Fresno had a warm up game under their belt. Excuses, none too convincing. Ready for tOSU to steamroll us.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think we need to see Sala over Jones at RT and Walk/Forsyth are still getting blown up on the interior, especially on stunts.

I'd almost prefer/hope we see Jackson Powers-Johnson play at C later in the year and move Forsyth to RG instead and hope he is better there.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
THIS!!

Our WR just weren't getting separation.

That was my thought, too, but I didn't say it because I didn't see the entire game in the secondary.

I think Fresno State has a very good team like StevensTechU said, and after the Pac-12's performance this week, I'd have no problem putting them in the top half of the conference.
John 3:36
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

How long are our elite receivers going to stick around if they go unutilized?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

RanDux wrote:How long are our elite receivers going to stick around if they go unutilized?

These are valid questions but we are one game into the season. I think we need to wait till we have more data points. We can’t make assumptions or draw any conclusions just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

RanDux wrote:How long are our elite receivers going to stick around if they go unutilized?

Who are our elite WR? Franklin, Thornton, Pittman?

Those are the highest ranked guys and 2 of them are true freshman.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Doesn’t really matter how good the receivers are, if the QB has no time to throw.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

buckmarkduck wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
twitch.tv/QB11SD
Thanks. Actually watching it broken down like that does give me a bit more optimism. It does seem like Webb should not be involved in this offense. His blocking, or lack thereof really did mess up a lot of plays. The line is the most concerning thing. Our RG situation is not good at all and I anticipate that Ohio State will see a lot of success by abusing that side of the line.

Hopefully a lot of the mistakes that we saw were week one jitters and it will look a lot more polished this weekend.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Hyth well done logical and documented analysis of the game. Gives me hope for the future as the issues didn't seem to focus on a single player or area in ways that can't be improved.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Sadly our OL just is a few years behind the rest of the team in revamping our roster. In 2 years, a lineup of

Kingsley - Walden - PowersJohnson - Iuli - Banks

That will be an absolute monster OL and a total game changer for our squad. Right now, we have a hodgepodge of guys that are just fairly average across the board.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Lukeyrid I'm thinking that this O line will go the opposite of last year. Start out shaky end up good from what I can see all the linemen made both good plays and bad ones. The bad ones looked more like rust and inexperience working together than long term fatal flaws.