All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Justin Flowe named Pac-12 FR of the Week

Post by lukeyrid13 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:^ and QB11

So basically.....no one knows.

PS - I find when Jhop says "I was already told this, but told to keep quiet." I'm personally skeptical he already knew/was told but is just trying to make it look like he was always in the loop
I wish we had thumbs up for posts like this. Not sure why Jhop pulls that kind of stunt.
I think his source was probably George Wrighster. Who also chimes in and said he had heard the news. But I wonder how good his sources really are. I also wonder if it’s a case of Flowe getting hurt and people jumping to worst case scenario, and then not really knowing.
It's to boost his "clout" that he has inside info. The thing is, when you're caught with your pants down even once, it totally can ruin your credibility. There's nothing wrong with saying
"I've heard nothing official about this but will continue to keep digging". As opposed to 'verifying' a random internet rumor and claiming you knew well in advance, only for that rumor to potentially be 100% wrong.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Jhop does have sources inside the football offices and most likely, up to and including Cristobal (been on his podcast multiple times). Obviously his info is very spot on a lot of the time......however, that also means that he has to be precarious in what he says and how he says so he doesn't rock the boat with those sources.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

Don’t they put out another depth chart availability on Friday’s?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Who started this rumor by the way? Where did this rumor originate? The longer things are silent the more I feel like at the very least IF he’s injured it isn’t a season ending injury. This all feels so weird with some random rumor popping up, people who truly don’t know what’s going on contradicting each other. Sadly the answer is probably somewhere in the middle and Flowe did get injured but it’s not major and he’s questionable for this week, but I have no way of knowing what the truth is. I’m just curious of where the rumor originated, I read on Reddit it was a Husky fan and if that’s true then I’m confident it’s false.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Who started this rumor by the way? Where did this rumor originate? The longer things are silent the more I feel like at the very least IF he’s injured it isn’t a season ending injury. This all feels so weird with some random rumor popping up, people who truly don’t know what’s going on contradicting each other. Sadly the answer is probably somewhere in the middle and Flowe did get injured but it’s not major and he’s questionable for this week, but I have no way of knowing what the truth is. I’m just curious of where the rumor originated, I read on Reddit it was a Husky fan and if that’s true then I’m confident it’s false.
From what I’ve seen, it was a post on scoodpduck.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Who started this rumor by the way? Where did this rumor originate? The longer things are silent the more I feel like at the very least IF he’s injured it isn’t a season ending injury. This all feels so weird with some random rumor popping up, people who truly don’t know what’s going on contradicting each other. Sadly the answer is probably somewhere in the middle and Flowe did get injured but it’s not major and he’s questionable for this week, but I have no way of knowing what the truth is. I’m just curious of where the rumor originated, I read on Reddit it was a Husky fan and if that’s true then I’m confident it’s false.
A poster on ScoopDuck.

It grew legs when George Wrighster said he heard it too.

Soon after that Jhop said he heard of an injury (no severity given).
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Jhop does have sources inside the football offices and most likely, up to and including Cristobal (been on his podcast multiple times). Obviously his info is very spot on a lot of the time......however, that also means that he has to be precarious in what he says and how he says so he doesn't rock the boat with those sources.

Mario is 100% a source or Jhop pretends and throws hints to insinuate that he is. We all know he has other sources to so I'm not sure why he does the " I totally knew" BS. He's usually spot on with info.

As far as the Flowe thing we won't know until the defense trots on to the field
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Guess we'll find out on Saturday when the team takes the field.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

FlDuckFan wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Jhop does have sources inside the football offices and most likely, up to and including Cristobal (been on his podcast multiple times). Obviously his info is very spot on a lot of the time......however, that also means that he has to be precarious in what he says and how he says so he doesn't rock the boat with those sources.

Mario is 100% a source or Jhop pretends and throws hints to insinuate that he is. We all know he has other sources to so I'm not sure why he does the " I totally knew" BS. He's usually spot on with info.

As far as the Flowe thing we won't know until the defense trots on to the field
There's a lot of pretending going on.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Has the team ever planted an injury rumor as a form of gamesmanship? I remember Chip engaging in some kind of walking boot shenanigans but my memories of that are a bit fuzzy.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
A poster on ScoopDuck.

It grew legs when George Wrighster said he heard it too.

Soon after that Jhop said he heard of an injury (no severity given).
I can’t help but feel like there’s some accuracy to these rumors, where there’s smoke there’s fire. Not like anyone would gain from posting a rumor like this on ScoopDuck.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

pezsez1 wrote:Has the team ever planted an injury rumor as a form of gamesmanship? I remember Chip engaging in some kind of walking boot shenanigans but my memories of that are a bit fuzzy.
If you can think of it, teams have tried it to get an advantage.
duckmaster
One Star Recruit

Post by duckmaster »

Apparently Flowe is in Columbus
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

duckmaster wrote:Apparently Flowe is in Columbus
That doesn’t necessarily mean he’s playing does it?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
duckmaster wrote:Apparently Flowe is in Columbus
That doesn’t necessarily mean he’s playing does it?

Pretty sure travel numbers are usually limited. Injured guys usually stay home if they know they have no chance of playing.