Stony Brook @ #4 Oregon (Sept. 18, Sat 4:30 PM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

Re: Stony Brook @ #4 Oregon (Sept. 18, Sat 4:30 PM Pac-12 Ne

Post by Bighonkingduck »

lmduck wrote:
duck023 wrote:I'm actually pretty happy about how the Ducks are playing although I hope Brown is ok and that they are just being cautious in the non conference season. The Ducks got it together in the 2nd half and the defense looks solid this year. I'm also happy with Ty Thompson's first snaps. I said it before the game that Oregon is built different now. Back when Oregon was smaller they used to cream other small teams but now they are more like an SEC team and need a little while to rev up their engines.
Stop making sense. Some here don’t like that. You must call everyone out and demand all the coaches be fired.

Lots of Nellies on this site!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Bighonkingduck on Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

I hope the broken ankles from the bandwagon jumpers don't heal in time for them to come back this season. Did I love this game, no, but it wasn't a coach firing disaster either.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Good game. Great seeing so many backups playing and with no drop off. Hope we hear more about Mario’s F Us to the Stony Brook sideline and their coach avoiding the post game hand shake.

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

pdxduck2013 wrote:Making this whole LB depth thing worse is the fact that ISM...is a backup LB at SMU.
Really? That’s too bad. He’s missing out on starting for a CFP team.

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Good game. Great seeing so many backups playing and with no drop off. Hope we hear more about Mario’s F Us to the Stony Brook sideline and their coach avoiding the post game hand shake.

Yeah, I was looking for the handshake too. Mario sure was angry on that penalty. I've never seen him like that before - I guess he doesn't hate Crepea as much as I thought. :lol:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

pdxduck2013 wrote:Shane Vereen on commentary is painful...
The guy doesn't sounds like a commentator. Glad someone else also thinks the same and his voice is quite annoying to listen to for some reason...
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Mario so critical of his own team, he definitely doesn’t seem happy after that win at all. Glad to see that. Hopefully next week they can come out ready and take care of Zona fast, that game shouldn’t be much harder than Stoney Brook, Zona is a complete mess.
lmduck

Stony Brook @ #4 Oregon (Sept. 18, Sat 4:30 PM Pac-12 Net)

Post by lmduck »

He was awful. He’s second only to Ted Robinson who literally almost vomits any time he has to say Oregon.

Edit- reply is to post about Vereen

chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

lmduck wrote:He was awful. He’s second only to Ted Robinson who literally almost vomits any time he has to say Oregon.

The whole “Oregon State was the loudest stadium” thing must have been a troll.

GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Verone has been awesome this year. Last year he showed flashes, but next level from his so far this year.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Ended up being fairly happy with the game. The first half kind of sucked -- no excuses really for losing the line of scrimmage like that -- and I was alarmed by how often SB receivers were running down the field a few steps ahead of our defenders. We should have entered halftime with a much more commanding lead.

That said, we locked things down in the second half and took control. AB's injury actually turned into a positive because Ty Thompson got valuable reps despite the Ducks not having an insurmountable lead! (And it sounds like AB will be fine for Zona.) Overall, Thompson looked relaxed and showed great touch/accuracy. I wouldn't be alarmed if AB missed next week and TT started against the Wildcats.

Best of all, no significant injuries, and it looks like we'll be getting some important rotation players back next week. Today was a crappy day for the Pac-12 with UCLA and ASU losing, but Oregon is set up for an epic run through conference play.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

chapelhillduck wrote:
lmduck wrote:He was awful. He’s second only to Ted Robinson who literally almost vomits any time he has to say Oregon.

The whole “Oregon State was the loudest stadium” thing must have been a troll.

It totally was. I literally wanted to jump
Into my TV and smack him. He’s just awful.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

A day later my thoughts are mostly this: Our Defense is going to be our calling card this season but its our OL that will dictate if this team makes the CFP or not. They've got to play better or else the Offense is going to stall against better opponents as the season goes on.