Stony Brook @ #4 Oregon (Sept. 18, Sat 4:30 PM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Stony Brook @ #4 Oregon (Sept. 18, Sat 4:30 PM Pac-12 Net)

Post by greenyellow »

1-1 Stony Brook vs 2-0 Oregon
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Re: Stony Brook @ #4 Oregon (Sept. 18, Sat 4:30 PM Pac-12 Ne

Post by mrpd21 »

Throw the records out when these two juggernauts collide
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

This is Oregon's true test. The one thing I love about Cristobal is that he gets his teams up for huge games but with games like this he needs to find a way to keep the guy's motivated. Chip Kelly didn't do as well in the big games as Cristobal but he was really consistent against the easier teams. I hope Cristobal can keep his team motivated week by week and take every game one game at a time. I already know Cristobal teams aren't one for style points but I don't care about style points. You beat every team in the Pac 12 by 1 point with a win over Ohio State at the horseshoe and you are making the playoffs.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duck023 wrote:This is Oregon's true test. The one thing I love about Cristobal is that he gets his teams up for huge games but with games like this he needs to find a way to keep the guy's motivated. Chip Kelly didn't do as well in the big games as Cristobal but he was really consistent against the easier teams. I hope Cristobal can keep his team motivated week by week and take every game one game at a time. I already know Cristobal teams aren't one for style points but I don't care about style points. You beat every team in the Pac 12 by 1 point with a win over Ohio State at the horseshoe and you are making the playoffs.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Think King Kong-Godzilla but with higher stakes
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Think King Kong-Godzilla but with higher stakes
Avengers vs. Thanos.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I was thinking more along the lines of Jack Elam vs Don Knotts...

But it'll more likely be like this:

Last edited by woundedknees on Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Who?
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Duck07 wrote:
duck023 wrote:This is Oregon's true test. The one thing I love about Cristobal is that he gets his teams up for huge games but with games like this he needs to find a way to keep the guy's motivated. Chip Kelly didn't do as well in the big games as Cristobal but he was really consistent against the easier teams. I hope Cristobal can keep his team motivated week by week and take every game one game at a time. I already know Cristobal teams aren't one for style points but I don't care about style points. You beat every team in the Pac 12 by 1 point with a win over Ohio State at the horseshoe and you are making the playoffs.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You completely missed my point. Listen I'm not trying to say anything negative about Cristobal who is one of Oregon's greatest coaches ever after one of his biggest wins. However I feel like some of you took for granted how Chip Kelly could always keep the guy's motivated against the easier teams. On the other hand Chip's teams might have been too consistent because they didn't raise their game against Auburn and Ohio State like Cristobal has done against Auburn in a game where they were up 21-6 and Ohio state which they also had a two touchdown lead at a few points. I think its a big test to see if Cristobal can keep them fired up after a huge celebration against a team that is hard to get motivated for. I mean look at you as a fan you already assume Oregon's going to beat Stony Brook easily but show me a video of them not giving up when they were down by 20.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duck023 wrote:
You completely missed my point. Listen I'm not trying to say anything negative about Cristobal who is one of Oregon's greatest coaches ever after one of his biggest wins. However I feel like some of you took for granted how Chip Kelly could always keep the guy's motivated against the easier teams. On the other hand Chip's teams might have been too consistent because they didn't raise their game against Auburn and Ohio State like Cristobal has done against Auburn in a game where they were up 21-6 and Ohio state which they also had a two touchdown lead at a few points. I think its a big test to see if Cristobal can keep them fired up after a huge celebration against a team that is hard to get motivated for. I mean look at you as a fan you already assume Oregon's going to beat Stony Brook easily but show me a video of them not giving up when they were down by 20.
I didn't miss your point, Stony Brook, as a FCS school, just isn't the opponent capable of providing this team a test. Further, one of the main points that Cristobal spoke about in his post-game comments were about the win being a 'mental breakthrough' for the team. While they may have underestimated the likely #1/2 MWC team in Fresno State looking ahead to Ohio State, there is a serious gulf between Stony Brook and Oregon and with that game in the rear view I think its silly to think they'll struggle. Moorhead and Mario are going to have a conversation this week about the reps for the backup QBs and whether JB and TT split each series or if they give them 1 series and switch. Its the type of game where someone can mess something up and still get a big play out of it because of the talent gulf.

Injured guys will get rest but this is a game as fans to get excited to watch the backups get some action.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Duck07 wrote:
duck023 wrote:
I didn't miss your point, Stony Brook, as a FCS school, just isn't the opponent capable of providing this team a test. Further, one of the main points that Cristobal spoke about in his post-game comments were about the win being a 'mental breakthrough' for the team. While they may have underestimated the likely #1/2 MWC team in Fresno State looking ahead to Ohio State, there is a serious gulf between Stony Brook and Oregon and with that game in the rear view I think its silly to think they'll struggle. Moorhead and Mario are going to have a conversation this week about the reps for the backup QBs and whether JB and TT split each series or if they give them 1 series and switch. Its the type of game where someone can mess something up and still get a big play out of it because of the talent gulf.

Injured guys will get rest but this is a game as fans to get excited to watch the backups get some action.
Arizona may provide another week of rest for the injured. Damn, that is a program in serious decline. I’m aware of past games against them when the Ducks were highly favored, but that team is a S-show now. Could be two weeks of healing/younger guys getting big reps.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

I am for never playing an FCS team again.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

No need to worry, it’s not like Stony Brook is as good as Montana or anything.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Duck07 wrote:
duck023 wrote:

I don't think they'll lose to Stony Brook but I'd like to see them play sharp and not act like its a forgone conclusion. The thing is there is no Pac 12 team that Oregon will have to play that is on Ohio States level however winning the Pac 12 won't be easy and they will have to take every Pac 12 team seriously. I think you are right about the fact that winning in the Horseshoe will give them confidence when they are on the road in the Pac 12. Sort of like how winning in Tennessee gave the 2010 team confidence in road games.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

I expect to see almost nothing but 2nd and 3rd teams the entire game. So I'll pay no mind to a few errors/mistakes along the way.