Stony Brook @ #4 Oregon (Sept. 18, Sat 4:30 PM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: Stony Brook @ #4 Oregon (Sept. 18, Sat 4:30 PM Pac-12 Ne

Post by Alan »

Give the starter a quarter and then let them rest, give the back ups some fun. Anyone recovering from an injury should not see the field, especially a starter.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:Give the starter a quarter and then let them rest, give the back ups some fun. Anyone recovering from an injury should not see the field, especially a starter.
The only way that happens is if its already 35-0. Which might actually happen since I wonder if KT comes back for this game to stat-pad rather than wait another week.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:Give the starter a quarter and then let them rest, give the back ups some fun. Anyone recovering from an injury should not see the field, especially a starter.
The only way that happens is if its already 35-0. Which might actually happen since I wonder if KT comes back for this game to stat-pad rather than wait another week.
You seem to really be running with this narrative that KT is selfish, despite zero actual evidence of that being the case.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

droop10 wrote: You seem to really be running with this narrative that KT is selfish, despite zero actual evidence of that being the case.
I'm not expecting him to play this week and I even said that he must have likely reinjured it during the week not to go against Ohio State but he wasn't walking around like a guy who has a bad ankle on the sidelines to have been unable to suit up. It's either serious and he doesn't play this week or he could have sucked it up and played on it if he goes this week.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Duck07 wrote:
droop10 wrote: You seem to really be running with this narrative that KT is selfish, despite zero actual evidence of that being the case.
I'm not expecting him to play this week and I even said that he must have likely reinjured it during the week not to go against Ohio State but he wasn't walking around like a guy who has a bad ankle on the sidelines to have been unable to suit up. It's either serious and he doesn't play this week or he could have sucked it up and played on it if he goes this week.
Isn't there a possibility that it was the coaches' decision to not play him? Sounded like he at least tried to practice throughout the week. They may have seen his lack of explosion and thought others at 100% were a better option. It was obvious that he wasn't effective post-injury in the Fresno game, and that could have lingered into the practice week.

I don't see why he would have tried to fight through it against Fresno, but would have chosen to sit at OSU. I think some assumptions were made about the severity of his injury, when we don't truly know how bad it was. Most everyone in game thread started to call him selfish and soft when it was announced he wasn't playing before the OSU game. That was without any information on the severity of the injury, except the message board doctors determining that it didn't look that bad on the play he was injured on. Flowe played through a broken foot at the end of that game, and didn't even know it. I'm sure the injury didn't "look that bad" during the play either.

I do think he probably won't play this week, just because it's best to give another week to recoup than trot him out there when not needed. However, if he's out there, there's certainly a possibility that another week was enough for it to improve to the point that he could be effective again. That being said, he shouldn't be used unless he's 100% though. There's just no benefit to suiting him up. Much more valuable to get those backups more reps.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:
Have you ever sprained your ankle? I once had a bad grade 2, almost grade 3, sprain on my right ankle. I was out of the boot in a week and was walking fine but it took me 4 weeks to be able to play basketball again and even after that it took a couple more weeks to play at 100%. Obviously with the best rehabilitation center in sports it won’t take him that long, but with a sprain you can walk fine without a boot but have 0 ability to play any sort of sport.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Have you ever sprained your ankle? I once had a bad grade 2, almost grade 3, sprain on my right ankle. I was out of the boot in a week and was walking fine but it took me 4 weeks to be able to play basketball again and even after that it took a couple more weeks to play at 100%. Obviously with the best rehabilitation center in sports it won’t take him that long, but with a sprain you can walk fine without a boot but have 0 ability to play any sort of sport.
I don't need anyone to explain to me what an ankle injury is like which is why I've made the comments I've made. If yall want to become keyboard warriors over this go for it.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

droop10 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Isn't there a possibility that it was the coaches' decision to not play him? Sounded like he at least tried to practice throughout the week. They may have seen his lack of explosion and thought others at 100% were a better option. It was obvious that he wasn't effective post-injury in the Fresno game, and that could have lingered into the practice week.

I don't see why he would have tried to fight through it against Fresno, but would have chosen to sit at OSU. I think some assumptions were made about the severity of his injury, when we don't truly know how bad it was. Most everyone in game thread started to call him selfish and soft when it was announced he wasn't playing before the OSU game. That was without any information on the severity of the injury, except the message board doctors determining that it didn't look that bad on the play he was injured on. Flowe played through a broken foot at the end of that game, and didn't even know it. I'm sure the injury didn't "look that bad" during the play either.

I do think he probably won't play this week, just because it's best to give another week to recoup than trot him out there when not needed. However, if he's out there, there's certainly a possibility that another week was enough for it to improve to the point that he could be effective again. That being said, he shouldn't be used unless he's 100% though. There's just no benefit to suiting him up. Much more valuable to get those backups more reps.
It's almost like people don't read what I say and just choose to go straight to outrage.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Duck07 wrote: It's almost like people don't read what I say and just choose to go straight to outrage.
I'm far from outraged. Just pointing out that a lot of assumptions are being made. I read exactly what you said. You said if he played this week, that means he could have sucked it up last week. I don't think that's necessarily true, but it's also possible he was willing to suck it up, and the coaches made the decision that he wasn't their best option when playing at 50%. I could also be inferring that the line of thinking hasn't changed from this page of the OSU game thread: http://www.ducksattack.com/forum/viewto ... &start=255. The first comment is straight up "he's soft." Then you hedged a bit by saying maybe he injured it more during practice, but subsequent posts again seem to point toward thinking this is all about protecting his image (including the one in this thread about only playing to stat pad).

Lots of definitive talk from fans (not just you, as I mentioned in the prior post) that it's not a bad injury and he's soft, without any proof of the severity of the injury. I don't know what any of this has to do with being a "keyboard warrior." I didn't pick a fight at any point. I just offered a different perspective, and stated that I think a lot of folks are being unnecessarily critical with no facts to back it up. You seem to have gotten a little defensive about it, but that's ok. I'll leave it at that. No need to go in circles about it.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I've seen no evidence to suggest KT is soft. He got hurt during the Fresno State game and tried to come back in and play on it before coaches pulled him for good.

Might he be waiting until he's back to 100 percent in order to protect his body and his draft stock? Maybe. And maybe the coaches decided it was more important to have players who could go all-out against Ohio State and deemed KT couldn't do that.

Either way, hopefully he's back for conference play. He shouldn't be needed against Stony Brook. This game will be a failure if a single starter needs to play after halftime.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

There's absolutely no reason for KT to play this week. He missed the marquee game so no Heisman. He's a lock top 5 pick. Why not heal up and rest for pac12 play
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I don't need anyone to explain to me what an ankle injury is like which is why I've made the comments I've made. If yall want to become keyboard warriors over this go for it.[/quote]

Wow. Calm down Francis...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

James back in over Manning at corner is interesting.

Do we know why Katleman hasn't been kicking?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Do we know why Katleman hasn't been kicking?
I say give him a shot at linebacker. ;)
Willie Taggart is a dick.