Flowe

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

chapelhillduck
Senior

Flowe

Post by chapelhillduck »

Anyone know anything about how serious it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brich75
Senior

Re: Flowe

Post by brich75 »

chapelhillduck wrote:Anyone know anything about how serious it is?

I read somewhere this morning it’s a broken foot.. don’t know the validity of that, seems like if that leaked out it would be everywhere.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

A break doesn't have to be season-ending. Depends on the injury. Could be out for several weeks though.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

If it was a broken bone then he wouldn’t be able to travel a few days later. Then the initial rumor came out I said it’s somewhere in the middle, he’s probably injured but not out for too long, I’m gonna stick with that. I think he’ll be back for the Cal game.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

It could just be a stress fracture. Those can heal completely in a month with just a boot.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Justin told a friend of mine it's broken, I was informed last night.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

5$ wrote:Justin told a friend of mine it's broken, I was informed last night.
Well the fact he is walking on it and they let him travel may mean it’s not a bad break. Typically with the swelling associated with a break they don’t want you to fly so soon after it breaks.

ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

That kid is tough as nails if he didn't know he broke it until later.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

ducks5ever wrote:That kid is tough as nails if he didn't know he broke it until later.
2 days later!

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

It might still be a break that heals relatively soon. The foot has so many tiny bones in it, and if all he needs is a boot then that's a really good sign. And yeah, those breaks can be sneaky. My wife one stepped wrong in the garage and tweaked something, then backpacked around Crater Lake over the course of several days, and a couple weeks after returning she was diagnosed with a broken foot. Happens to lots of runners, too... might just feel like a little bit of soreness but then it gets progressively worse.

The Ducks have to find a way to plug the holes until people come back healthy, but after today I'm confident our coaching and recruiting will allow us to do that.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

pezsez1 wrote:It might still be a break that heals relatively soon. The foot has so many tiny bones in it, and if all he needs is a boot then that's a really good sign. And yeah, those breaks can be sneaky. My wife one stepped wrong in the garage and tweaked something, then backpacked around Crater Lake over the course of several days, and a couple weeks after returning she was diagnosed with a broken foot. Happens to lots of runners, too... might just feel like a little bit of soreness but then it gets progressively worse.

The Ducks have to find a way to plug the holes until people come back healthy, but after today I'm confident our coaching and recruiting will allow us to do that.
At this point Oregon doesn’t really have any threats til UCLA, though knowing Oregon football under Mario that doesn’t mean all of the games til then will be blowouts, there will probably be a close one or two that Oregon has to squeak out a win. But regardless, I kinda hope players sit out til Cal so they can get a game to wipe the dust off before going to UCLA.

As I type this I just checked the Stanford-USC score, I guess Stanford is more of a threat than I initially thought, especially considering Oregon is now on the path to the CFP, Stanford likes to ruin that for Oregon.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote: As I type this I just checked the Stanford-USC score, I guess Stanford is more of a threat than I initially thought, especially considering Oregon is now on the path to the CFP, Stanford likes to ruin that for Oregon.
Looks like Stanford has an future NFL QB now and will be our competition again in the North for the next 3 years.

Stanford started the wrong QB against a good KSU team (afterwards KSU lost their star QB and wont be as good as they were when they beat Stanford).
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Yeah, Stanford has some talent, for sure.

As for Flowe, a broken foot is about 6-8 weeks healing time. 6 weeks would be the UCLA game. Was pretty awesome to see Keith Brown step up and play steady.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Out for the season :(

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Out for the season :(